main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: A Republic Is Born

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Senator_Amory, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Amory

Senator_Amory Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    "There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic."
    -- Sio Bibble, Episode II

These words always bring a question to my head. What was this war - what was it like? As I am sure you too have had these same questions. Well, I guess this question can only be answered through the use of our own imaginations.

Now is the time to go back; past the years of Episode I and II, back to the beginning of that full-scale war that gave birth to our beloved, yet decieved, Republic, that is now consumed with greed and corruption, and destined to topple under the oppression of the Dark Side.

Are you ready for the task ahead of you? Do you have the courage to stand up, and fight the forces against you, to create the first ever interstellar government? If you are, then join our fight to begin a new era...the era when A Republic Is Born.

Mod Edit: Closed at the behest of the creator.

2. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow, I was going to start a game like this in two weeks, but you got to it before me. I'll play.

3. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Good idea,i'm in.

4. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Sounds Fun.

5. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'll join!! :D

6. AngelicPadme

AngelicPadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2002
  7. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    I'd like to know more about how this will be run before I give it a go.

8. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    Yeah!

I never got these kinda replies before. Oh and, sorry about stealing your thunder, 6-6-6, but i'm glad you chose to going the game. Okay, lets get busy.

Star Wars:
    A Republic Is Born

The galaxy is on the verge of collapse. Space travel technology has become more advanced, and a group of planets have combined heads to try and create a first interstellar government. And Coruscant, now a bleak and desolate planet only 1/4 covered with city, has been decided to be it's central body if and when it is established.

Other planets, however, are not pleased with this idea. Prejudice is still strong between species, and may be growing even stronger, now that systems have to decide where they stand on the controversial issue.

Many persons have been discovered to hold a special power, a power said to be described as a "Force". This further splits people apart.

His Majesty, King Amory of Lastervia, a planet in the fight to ordain a galactic government, is now on his way to Coruscant to meet with other leaders of other worlds to decided a way to deal with the further oppression of the Individualist, a group of systems threatening war if a government is established. Hopes for peacefull negotiations cannot hold-up much longer, and the war is at hand.

9. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I'm in.

10. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    So-character wise what do we need?

11. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    Basically, anything and everything you think we need. If you think we need lots of politicians, create some characters. We need lots of characters on the "good side", and lot on the "bad side".

You can have any number of characters you need, but all the board rules of the threads apply.

Give information on your characters like...

Name:
    Species:
    Home-World:
    Affiliations:

And any other information you feel needs to be applied. Have fun. I'll post more later.

12. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    ooh .. I like this.. :D .

Name: Averoth
    Sex: male
    Looks: brown shortcutted hair, brown eyes and a normal bodey.
    Species: Human
    Home-World:Coruscant
    Affiliations: Coruscant gouverment
    Equipment: Small blaster, grey and white politican clothes.
    family: yes, Father and a Mother.

Personality: Nice and peace going, quite charming but not the typical lady man.
    Whants peace more than anything else and are willing to do even some more extreeme mesures to make peace.
    Loongs for a woman to love and be with,

History: Averoth was born on Coruscant and in at the age of 18 he was allready climbin the political stairs.
    No special events in his life.
    A couple of girlfriends in his past but the work often got in the way.
    ----------------------------------

well , this is my character. hope its good enough :p .

13. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Name-Kaja Sinis
    Sex-Male
    Age-30
    Species-Human
    Weapons-Sword(Not bulky but a lean blade and light hold.),Blaster
    Affilation-Follower of the Force.

14. Spacegrass

Spacegrass Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2002
    Name: Heir Arudas

Sex: Male

Home-World: Courasant

Affiliations: Rouge Sith / Bounty Hunter

Equipment: Red light-saber, with a hilt about 12 inches long, great accuracy. Blaster rifle, blaster pistol.

Family: None

15. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    This looks cool. Does this King Amory have a wife? Can she have handmaidens/bodyguards?

Name: Selona Jakeen
    Sex: Female
    Home-World: Lastervia
    Affiliations: King Amory's wife
    Appearance: Long black hair, cool grey eyes, tall and slender, athletic (looks life King Amory's wife)
    Skills: Espionage, stealth, vibroblade, good with guns

16. Senator_Amory

Sep 7, 2002
    If she looks anything like Padmé - sure, why not.(hehe) Oh, and Spacegrass, remember that people are still kinda new to the mysterious "Force". And the Jedi Order hasn't been created just yet. But it will be. And one of the first masters on the Jedi Council will be one of the culprits that turn out to be Darth Bane. maybe you could be behind this character. But let's lead up to the formation of the Jedi Order for right now, and we can take on the task of the sith later. Plus, the this war will end, but there will also be a war between the Jedi and Sith later on. But again, that's for a later time. I can't wait to get to it.

Name: Rutja Jakeen
    Political Title: King Amory
    Affiliations: Monarchy of Lastervia; Government Creation Guild; United Systems Association(a 'test-run' for the proposed galactic government, in which Amory headed as President.)
    Appearance: Height: 6'0", Hair Color/Eye Color: dark brown, Skin Color: golden tan, and has an athletic(lean) build.
    Personaliy: Warm-hearted and calm, with a natural air of authority. Trained well in political expertise.

17. AngelicPadme

Jun 23, 2002
    Name: Aeris
    Affiliations: Queens Selona's Hand maiden -do you mind?
    Appearance: She is 5'6 with very peircing green eyes and auburn hair, she is slender and very agile
    Skills: She is a master theif but only uses her skills when called on- she is extremely fast moving and is good with a blaster.

18. Rofath_Ewerthis

Rofath_Ewerthis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Question:

Can I be the Dark Lord of the Sith?

19. Kuna_Tiori

Kuna_Tiori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm game.

Name: Charath Tiori
    Home-World: Chandrila
    Affiliations: Pro-galactic republic

Charath Tiori is the youngest son of a family that has long been involved with Chandrilan politics. He is ferverntly idealistic and pro-democracy, and thinks a galactic government is a pretty good idea.

20. Rofath_Ewerthis

Rofath_Ewerthis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Name: Romath Ewerthis
    Home-World: Coruscant, currently is on Corellia
    Affiliations: Sith Empire
    Title: Dark Lord of the Sith, Director General of Corellia

Romath Ewerthis is the founder of the Sith(instead of Darth Bane), and his cover is that of Director General of Corellia. Very little is known about this charismatic man, except that he is very dangerous to tangle with and trustworthy ally to those he respects.

21. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Oops, I meant that I was handmaiden to the Queen, but whatever, I'll be Queen. And it's okay if you're my handmaiden, AP.

Here's my edited bio then.

Name: Selona Jakeen
    Affiliations: Queen Selona of Lastervia
    Appearance: Long black hair, cool blue eyes, tall and slender, athletic

Actually, I'm thinking she looks more like Arwen. :D

22. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Name: Shane Vendesta
    Species: Shi'ido
    Height: 6'1''(varies)
    Weight: 200 lbs
    Appearance: is a shape-shifter, no one knows his true appearance
    Clothing: white shoes, pants, belt, shirt, and white Jedi robes
    Bio: Shane keeps his early life a mystery. No one knows where he came from or who he learned from, but he only believes in the force, not sides. He excells at telekinesis and is trained in almost every force ability, including "darkside" abilitys. He is also able to shift into almost anything at his age, even massive creatures such as Hutts. He uses mainly himself and the force as weapons, but does have a dual-phase silver-sapphire lightsaber.

23. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Cool place. I'll join. Here is my bio.

Name: Daniel Halcyon
    Homeworld: Born on Kuat,moved to Corellia at 2 months
    Affilations: Bounty Hunter,smuggler, allround scum.
    Apperiance: tall ,big bulit,long blond hair, blue eyes,quiet.

Daniel Halcyon's parents was killed when he was 2 months old. Raised by a bounty hunter and his smuggler wife. Cares about himself and wife only. Wanted for murder on Kuat.

24. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    I personally don't think titles like "Jedi", "Sith" "Galactic Republic" or "Light/Dark Side" should be used, considering how far in the past this is. And the Jedi and Sith of this time period would be somewhat different than that of the PT era, and there would be some differences in how other SW technology things work: No lasers, no deflecting things with swords, no lightsabers, no force lightening/force storms (well, not quite sure about that last one) I know this isn't my game, so I won't make any declarations, but I will say that the technology during the formation of the republic wouldnot be that far off from what we have today, with the exception of hyperspace travel.

Name: Fitzroy Organa
    Home-World: Alderaan
    Affiliations: Pro-government idealist, believes the ends justify the means, is not afraid to use more forceful measures to bring his beliefs into existance
    Position: Head of House Organa, sovereign monarch of Alderaan

I would also be willing to play as a villian in addition to/instead of this character.

25. Fenja_Weada

Fenja_Weada Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2002
    Hey, Amory, great idea. I look forward to RPing with you again.

Name: Dral Weada
    Affiliations: Government Creation Guild; United Systems Association; Armed Forces of the Republic
    Positon: Second in Command of the Republic Armed Forces

Born into a world of dynasty, Dral wishes to follow in the footsteps of his father and continue the fight for a free and peaceful galaxy. He couldn't think of a better way than to fight alongside the brave men of the Republic Armed Forces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.