main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Star Wars action figure news

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I got this stright from my Mother who works at Kmart, they recived a new shipment of toys among them Star Wars action figures. With Kmart in its going out of Business sale all action figures are 30% off. I havent been over to see what they have but I know they wont last long.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey do you know what kmart store these figures are at if you could tell me that would be great thanks a lot

Forcebewitya!

3. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    The one I'm talking about is here in Madison on East Wasington, also that last one in the city.
    But if you live near a closing Kmart Store they'll have the same sales

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    alright thanks

5. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hello to all. I am reawakening this thread due to the fact that I haven't seen a new SW figure since November. I am really wanting the new 2003 figures and cant seem to find any here in madison. So I thought it would be a good idea for all of us collectors to notify each other when one of us sees a new line of figures at a particular store. So thats my idea and figure news would be nice.

Forcebewitya!

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Havent seen much myself, though at the moment I'm looking for the unleashed collection, I have Darth Maul. I'm looking for Vader now

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Thats cool, I actually have most of the Unleashed collection (including Vader, with mask and without) I found both of them at Shop Ko so if you want to find them I suggest looking thier for them. Good luck! I am currently still looking for the 2003 collection (aayla secura, wedding padme etc...) so any help on those would be welcome if anyone comes across them!

Forcebewitya!

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Those are hard to find, thanks for the info I'll be sure to check it out

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    For anyone interested TRU has had the Imperial Forces 4 pack for quite sometime. Its 20 dollars (thats why I haven't gotten it yet) but its really awesome. Also TRU has been having a lot of Clone Wars stuff (which is amazing, I didnt think that I would see this stuff till next summer). Anyway, they have had the AAT tank, and the new blue Jedi Starfighter. I haven't seen any new figures. But hopefully I will see them soon.

Forcebewitya!

10. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Just to wet your whistles...

According to StarWars.com there are going to be some new Hasbro figures and sets at the Comic Con in San Diego. Not sure when they will hit the stores, but you might want to take a look to see what is coming out.

Also, Master Replicas is going to be selling a Mace Windu lightsaber. From the two pictures I saw of it, it is beautiful.
    Again, I'm not sure when it will go up for sale.

11. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Thanks for the news Rick. Well, I am proud to say that I finally found the 2003 figures today at a Target in Sturgeon Bay. We happend to be driving through and I convinced my parents to stop. I bought Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee, Lama Su, and Clone Kid, Coleman Trebor, and Wat Tambor. So I was psyched about that. Just thought I should let you all know, so incase you happen to be traveling a far to Sturgeon Bay, you might get lucky and find some more. After I got out of there they had the Red Battle droid, the Han and Leia repackaged figures, and the bear clan (wich I neglected to buy due to the top being torn off). So there you go, probably not much help but just in case!

Forcebewitya!

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    My Grandmother lives in Door County so I'll be up there sometime

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    ah awesome news for you RougeNiner! yeah we were camping up in door county so thats why we were there. I pretty much cleaned out the place, but I am sure by the time you go visit your grandma the will have restocked.

Forcebewitya!

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, I went to target tonight to pick up a CD holder, and of course I checked the Star Wars section and to my surprise (at first) they had the new Throne Room Dual Luke, Mynock hunt Chewie, and the new Snowtrooper. Then when I examined the cards closer *to my dismay* I realized that they ALL were broken and bent (very badly). So I neglected buying them even though I didn't have them. I just thought I would post this, for I do not know if you collect lose figures RougeNiner. If you do its a good find, but for me I was quite mad about it.

Forcebewitya!

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Damn I've been looking for the Throne Room Luke and Vader too. Maybe I'll check it out

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey, I got some news. I went on a toy run today and found many a new toy. I found for myself the Acklay battle obi wan, Pit of Carkoon Boba, and the new Tyranous figure. So my advice is if you need the new stuff go to Target they had tons of figures there today including the ones I mentioned, secret Ceremony Anakin, and the Red battle droid. Also at Toys R us they had the screen themes which were very cool looking unfortunatly I didn't have enough for them. So pretty much all of the main stores in these parts are getting the new figures in. Also they all had the new Gunship (its black, from the Clone Wars line) it looks awesome and is at a incredibally low price 30 dollars or something.

Forcebewitya!

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll have to do that, shopko has had nothing good so far

18. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I totally forgot to post thins I think, but I went garage sale hopping with my family a few weeks ago, and stumbled across one that had action figures still in their packages. The packaging was in pretty good shape for some of them, but there was a lot to look at. Stuff that I thought I wouldn't have seen again, since they don't make or sell those figures anymore. At least not in that packaging. The prices were cheap too. $4 - $12 if I remember right.
    We asked how they got all of the Star Wars stuff, and the lady said that they buy out other people's collections and sell them. Then I asked how often they do this and she said once a month, as long as the weather holds out. She said they may hold one more in Sept. and might even have one in Oct.

So, if you have a way to get to Cottage Grove (the town, not the road), check it out. I don't remember the street address, but if you check the papers, it will show up some time. If I see it, I'll post it here. Heck, I might even be persuaded to meet with some of you to go over there that weekend.

Oh and they had more than just Star Wars stuff, so you might even find something else that you collect there. Worth checking out, for sure.

19. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    "Heck, I might even be persuaded to meet with some of you to go over there that weekend. "

yeah we should all go out there. I actually know the guy that sells that stuff he used to own a small shop called the toy box on the west side. His name is Tim if I recall correctly.

Anyway they have some great stuff, they used to have a garage sale every day practically aside from their bussiness, however the Cottage Grove people got angry and they got ticketed for to many garage sales (how stupid is that? about as stupid as our family getting a ticket from nosey neighbors for having our camper in out drive way for more than three days) Ugh, some people suck.

So yeah we should all meet there one day, I dont know if he would remember me but I do know what your talking about...ah so many cool figures.

Forcebewitya!

20. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    If I can find away maybe I'll head out for the next one

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well some new figures came to the West Side Wal-Mart today I was fortunate enough to snag all the ones I needed. and...*get ready for it* it was the Clone Wars line! yay! I was so pleased to see them adorning the pegs. I got the ARC trooper, Anakin in Battle gear, and Yoda in battle gear. All super cool and worth the money. I am not sure if the east side Wal-Mart has any but I might check if I happen to be over in that area.

Forcebewitya!

22. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    If I'm ever over there I'll check it out too

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I thought I'd say that I've seen the new line of Star Wars action figures around, the Clone Wars brand. I was suprised to see both Yoda and a clone trooper at Walgreens

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I just recieved the rest of the clone wars line from my grandma, including Assajj Ventress(SOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome)Durge, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu. I do have an extra Assajj figure if anyone would like to buy it from me for five bucks? My grandma was so excited upon seeing the figures she accidently bought three Assajj's, bless her heart :) so if anyone would like to buy it from me I can bring it to the next meeting, when ever that is.

Forcebewitya!

25. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    From the way things are looking we may not meet until after New Years, Though You could see my December 7th around 3 pm at MATC's Mitby Theater if you have an extra 5 bucks.
    I have a concert at that time, well 2 pm, but there's a band before us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.