main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Star Wars action figure news

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, by the next meeting everyone will probably have Assajj's figure...ah well if no one wants it I'll just give it to my friend. He isn't that much into star wars but he thinks Assajj is really cool.

Forcebewitya!

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    If you still have the figure, I would be interested. Just let me know.

I can meet with you this weekend if you like. The mall would be a madhouse, so where you would like to meet is up to you. I can find anywhere you pick.

3. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Actually I did sell it to one of my neighbors, you would be more deserving of it though, but I really needed the money, sorry. If you do want one though you could go to the West Side Wal-Mart, I was their last weekend and they had loads of Assajj, and all the second wave of the new figures.

Forcebewitya!

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, just dropping an alert by here about the new Clone Wars cartoon figures if anyone is interested they had a bunch at Target eastside. I got the first wave of 'em so I thought I would tell you all. Also they had (I bought it) the C-3PO with escape pod which is really cool as well. Well, catch you all later.

Forcebewitya!

5. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I've been meaning to stop by Target

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    For anyone who cares, I came across some cool new figures at Target the other day. They are the ones that come with the glasses that are themed after the ones that were at Pizza Hut I believe in the 70's. They're really cool and I plan to pick up a few for my birthday but I just thought I would alert you all to their presence.

Forcebewitya!

7. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, I saw those at Target on the west side. They only had Darth Maul from what I saw.

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll have to check those out

9. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Is there a Target on Madison's east side or am I mistaken? The Targets in the Fox Valley suck when it comes to SW toys. I still haven't seen those figs with the glasses. We do head down to Madison often though.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yes there is a Target on Madison's east side It is next to East towne mall it should be fairly easy to spot. If you do stop here in Madison I would recommend checking it out. To the best of my knowlege they still have those figures.

In other figure news, when I went to Wal-Mart today to get The Last Samurai (good movie btw) I found Captain Antilles (fan choice figure number 5) they also had Jan Dodonna but I already had him. They still have two left if anyone needs him. I myself am still looking for Unleashed Luke (ROTJ), and the McQuarrie stormtrooper (I know Eric is looking for that one as well).

Forcebewitya!

11. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I go to East Towne quite a bit so finding it shouldn't be a problem.

The Geoffrey store here had a few McQuarrie stormtroopers if anybody wants me to pick some up.

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I want The Luke unleased so bad along with Vader
    Yeah with Kaybee out of the Mall Shopko, Toys'R'Us and Target are the only places up there where you can find action figures

13. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Geoffrey had the ROTJ Luke and I passed on it, as much as I wanted it :( Couldn't afford it that week. I'm so ashamed of myself.

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    The Geoffrey store here had a few McQuarrie stormtroopers if anybody wants me to pick some up.

I would SO be interested in one! and I know for a fact that Eric wants one as well so if you could get two. I know that we both need that one. And if you're down here ever you can give them to me or Eric (he works in a Jewlery store in East Towne). So if you find one give me a PM. Or post here I guess.

Forcebewitya!

15. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I'll stop there tomorrow night to see if there are any left. Are you or Eric planning on stopping by book club on the 15th? I could bring them there (assuming they still have some). I'll let you know tomorrow night if I got them.

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Are you or Eric planning on stopping by book club on the 15th?

Well I hadn't planned on it, however I'd like to come. May I ask what you all are reading now? The likelyhood of it happening though is pretty slim. I just persuaded my mom to drive me up last weekend for the cookout, so I dont know how she'd feel about me going up to Milwaukee again so soon. I'll see what happens though.

Forcebewitya!

17. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Bad news first: The McQuarrie stormtroopers at Geoffrey are gone. Sorry guys, if I had known you were looking I would have picked them up when I first saw them there. I wasn't overly impressed myself so I didn't get one. Still holding out for a McQuarrie C3PO...

Good news is they have two Unleashed ROTJ Luke's. I wish I could justify the extra expense right now. Anyone still looking for this? They also had about 10 Jabba's Palace Jedi Luke figures, one Captain Antilles, and a bunch of others that are pretty common.

Rogue_Niner, are you from this area?

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Good news is they have two Unleashed ROTJ Luke's. I wish I could justify the extra expense right now. Anyone still looking for this?

I am still looking for the Luke. In fact thats one of the Unleashed that I wanted to get the most but still haven't found it. So I do want one, but I dont think I could justify the extra money right now either. If you decide you can afford it though pick one up and I'll pay for it out of my checking or savings account. Its just that I'm low on cash right now. Thanks for looking though :)

Forcebewitya!

19. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I'm thinking about getting out of the carded figures completely and focusing on more of the vintage stuff. I'm figuring this may be a cheaper way to collect and still have fun with it.

I would like to possibly collect Unleashed figures instead because they are nicer display pieces. Has anyone seen the older ones marked down anywhere? Still haven't splurged for Luke yet due to other bills.

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I haven't seen them marked down anywhere that I can remember. Ryan, I still have that figure if your interested in buying it I can bring it to the next meeting whenever that may be. I'll stick to my word and give it to ya for five dollars, I should probably charge more but you can have it for five since your from the fanforce. If you still want it post here. Also Target got some new stuff today, I got the new Hoth Luke, its pretty cool, he's got the facial scar now so I picked it up. Still no Stormtrooper though.

Forcebewitya!

21. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Cool
    I'll try and remeber to bring enough money

22. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    If Geoffrey gets any more stormtroopers in I'll pick one up for you. Any one else need that one?

23. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, Eric does. Thanks for keeping a look out.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.