main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Star Wars Action Figures

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by sbarkema, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbarkema

sbarkema Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    As promised in tonight's meeting, I'm kicking off a discussion about collecting Star Wars toys - especially the action figures.

To get it going let me talk about my collection. I've been buying Star Wars action figures since the new era of Star Wars toys started in 1995. I focus primarily on regular 3 1/2" carded figures, but have also bought many of the other 3 1/2" items such as deluxe figures, beasts, or vehicles. I'm not into variants and from time to time when figures are on sale I'll buy some extras to open.

I still have most of my original toys from when I was a kid though they've went through some years of heavy playing. I've also purchased a few carded figures from the original ESB and ROTJ lines, my favorites being ESB Dengar and ROTJ The Emperor.

The most recent figures I've bought are the '04 Admiral Ozzel figure - any figure strangled by Vader is cool - and the Dagobah wave of OTC figures (Yoda, Luke, R2-D2, and Obi-wan). All of which I've found at Meijer stores (I've had lousy luck finding any new figures anywhere else).

2. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    I buy nearly everything ..well mostly everything i want from ebay..you can find nearly any figure in there...for a price of course..though its not to bad.

I recently purchased a 4-lom fig...i like the bounty hunter types and droids and jedi.

I however...and i can hear you cringe...i custom my figures..i dont collect them to save...i use them in my rpg game, so we custom them to what we need.

a few of my favorites are in my sig/link to my site. one of course being my creation i try to portray..jaareth, the others wedyli..my star wars galaxies character...and mr.x a 3po droid gone bounty hunter due to a programming glitch.

I will post up some more of my customs as time permits :)

3. sbarkema

sbarkema Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    Seeing that this didn't go very far before I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the new line of toys coming next year for ROTS. Do you like the new packaging? How about the "squeeze the legs" action features? Who wants the Wookie Blaster water gun?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Who wants the Wookie Blaster water gun?
    [face_laugh] I'd totally go for one of those ;) Only if it were huge though.

5. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    i myself am waiting impatiently for the general greivous figure..that guy looks cool from the pics ive seen.

6. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I found the season 3 Clone Wars line at Wal-Mart in Holland, $5.55 each.

Got Greivous, Anikin, Arctrooper, and a yellow and a blue Clonetrooper.

:)

7. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    heh im waiting for the realistic lookin line to come out...i dont care for the clone wars cartoonish type ones. We use them in my star wars rpg we play :)

8. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I thought since there are more figures making their way unto shelves, it might be cool to say what you've seen in stores and the price they are available for.
    (Movies, Animated, Unleashed, 12inch, etc)

Clone Wars animated:
    Toys R Us- $5.99 (Grand Rapids)
    Target- $6.99 (Jenison/Holland)
    Meijers- $6.99 (28th Street, GR)

Movie figures:
    Target- $6.99 (Naboo Wave)

Wal-Mart in Grandville had the Cantian wave, but I forgot the price. So far I haven't seen the Episode 3 previews.

Sucoast at Woodland has the preview poster with Anakin though ($14.99?)

I guess I'm not as informative as I thought :p

9. sbarkema

sbarkema Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    Thanks for the info. I did find one new figure last week at Target (28th St. store). It was the Queen Amidala Naboo Celebration figure from the Naboo wave. I had bought some of the Cantina wave figures before Christmas for $4.99 and now the same ones are $6.99. Wish I had found them all before the price went up.

I've checked both GR Toys-R-Us stores in the last week and found nothing but peg-warmers. Meijer stores haven't had much lately either. We're unfortunately in the after-Christmas-so-don't-order-anything-new period. Hopefully we'll see some more figures return to the shelves before ROTS.

10. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    say if any of you guys finds the general grievous ..not the animated clone wars ones....let me know...i want one of him.

11. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Suposedly the preview figures for "Revenge of the Sith" will hit stores February fisrt (according to people at the Collecting Forum).
    Some have spotted them at Wal-Marts in their area, I haven't been to any this week.

If anyone's interested the prices at the KB Toys at Rivertown Mall in Grandville are:

$6.99 for movie figures

$7.99 for Clone Wars animated figures (with quite a few instock)

$17.99 for Unleashed figures

$59.99 for the OTC Millenium Falcon

$29.99 for a 15 inch OTC Chewbacca "Large Scale".

12. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I was at Target Saturday night and saw one Preview Greivous, and four of the Preview Wookie Warriors.

They were priced at $6.99

I didn't get any, cause I had already spent way to much money this week. :p

13. sbarkema

sbarkema Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    Say, anyone find all 4 ROTS preview figures yet? I stopped by Target after work today and all they had left were a few Wookie Warriors. The Meijer I stopped at didn't have any ROTS stuff out yet. I did find a General Grevious Clone Wars figure, though, but the the ROTS one looks much better.

14. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    The Preview Wave is out now. :)
    I live in Holland, so I can only say where they are here.

Walmart has a bunch of Greivous and Wookie Warriors, along with a couple of the Tion Medon and R4s.
    Priced at $5.88- its the best price I've seen.

Toys R Us had a bunch of R4s and Wookies and that was it :p
    Priced at $6.99 which is about standard.

Target only had a few Wookies, Meijer had only one of each figure.
    Also priced at $6.99.

Grevious I hear may come in "clean-ish" and "splattered" paints. The ones I saw looked dirty/bloody but the ones online look plain.

15. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    ya i found general greivous yesterday...hes cool! i was rather disappointed that they left out the splittin arms function i saw on the pre-release image :( either way though hes cool! my favorite villain :p

on another note...while at toys r us...i picked up the new iron man action figure...44 points of articulation! even each individual finger moves! and its ultra detailed...much better then the silver centurion figure i have :p

16. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    The new star Wars figures are comin out at 12:01 am April 2. :)

Meijer's Star Wars section

Target's Star Wars section

I'm sure there is suposed to be more action figures available than the 12 listed at Meijer's site.
    Target has a bunch of fun animations up, I am "Master Rowtim Lasertagger"
    If you change the capitalization that you use, it gives you different names in addition to the changes you make for department and dark/light side.

17. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I got a coupon from target for $1.00 off every action figure I buy. should come in handy!

18. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    Went to Target this morning before work and picked up some of the new action figures:
    Darth vader
    Darth vader(special edtion,lava?)
    Anakin
    Greneral Grevious
    Super battle droid
    Grevious's body gaurd

They had alot of the Lego kits but I din't see any new vehicles.

19. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Cool.

Since my dad had to go out late last night for grocieries, I decided to tag along to pick up figures after midnight at Meijers.

This is how the Meijers in Holland had them out:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/PretenderNX01/Meijerstarwars.jpg]
    And it wasn't even in the toy isle :p
    Plus when I got there, there was someone looking through it already (a guy with his dad which was nice). All I wanted were clone troopers but they were out. And then it took a half hour to get thru the check-out so I didn't bother trying Wal-Mart then, we had to get back. Got there at about 12:10 left at almost 1am.

But I went back out around 6pm to Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. Theres alot out now, and I got the #6 Clone Trooper but I didn't see anything higher than #32 on the checklist that TFn had posted. Since money's tight I figured I'd just stick to Troopers, since they're my favorite.

I thought Toys R Us had the best selection, at 5.29 a piece its not much more than Wal-Mart's 5.25 if you don't feel like having to go from store to store. Our TRU even had a wall where they had only one type per peg. Like a peg full of Vaders, one for Padme, Grievous, Clone Trooper, etc.

20. sbarkema

sbarkema Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    I made it to the Alpine Toys R Us a little after midnight. It wasn't too busy, but they were already out of the holo Yodas and there selection seemed a bit limited (maybe the 28th St store had a better selection?). I had better luck later in the day at Target and Wal-mart. It was nice to see all the stores lowering the prices--originally the new figures were supposed to be $6.99--nothing like some good competition. My best find was a blue Royal Guard, though I must say the 4 lightsaber Grevious is pretty cool too.

21. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Target's ad for this week has RotS 3 1/2 inch figures for $5 each as part of their Dollar Week.
    If anyone wants a Lava Vader, their site claims they will be available online in 4-8 weeks. $12.99 though.

I guess I'll have to go check out a couple more Targets, since I go to collage in GR.

It is nice that the figures are at least on sale for what they went for after AotC came out and everybody slashed their prices to $4.99. :)

Toys R Us' website has Holo Yoda listed, but out of stock.

22. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    I also picked up the 12" general grievous, and Yoda, Kit Fisto, Plus a SW chess set. But I couldn't find the AT-RT.

23. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    say has anyone seen the grievous action figure that has the split arms anywhere? i want to get that version too..but am unable to locate it. :(

24. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    Yeah... toy's r us, I think they have 2 differnt greivous figures(?) plus I was on hasbro's site and they said that the obi-wan jedi fighter and the barc speeder are coming soon, but I saw both of them saturday at t-r-u...

does anyone have a numerical listing of all the new action figures?

25. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Yeah, TFn had a pdf with a checklist for April 2. I have Adobe CS so I can select the text part:
    * means it might not be available right on April 2nd at midnight.

HASBRO - BASIC FIGURES: Collection 1
    ____ Obi-Wan Kenobi III-1
    ____ Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber) III-2
    ____ Yoda III-3
    ____ Super Battle Droid III-4
    ____ Chewbacca III-5
    ____ Clone Trooper III-6
    ____ R2-D2 III-7
    ____ Grievous' Bodyguard III-8
    ____ General Grievous (Four Saber) III-9
    ____ Mace Windu III-10
    ____ Darth Vader III-11
    ____ Emperor Palpatine III-12
    ____ Tarfful III-25
    ____ Yoda (Spinning) III-26
    ____ Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) III-27
    ____ Anakin Skywalker (Slashing) III-28
    ____ Clone Commander III-33*
    ____ Clone Pilot III-34*
    ____ Palpatine III-35*
    ____ Grievous (Exploding) III-36*

BASIC FIGURES: Collection 2
    ____ Count Dooku III-13
    ____ Chancellor Palpatine III-14
    ____ Bail Organa III-15
    ____ Plo Koon III-16
    ____ Battle Droid III-17
    ____ C-3PO III-18
    ____ Padmé III-19
    ____ Agen Kolar III-20
    ____ Shaak Ti III-21
    ____ Kit Fisto III-22
    ____ Royal Guard (red)III-23
    ____ Royal Guard (blue)III-23
    ____ Mon Mothma III-24
    ____ Ki-Adi Mundi III-29
    ____ Sae See Tiin III-30
    ____ Luminara Unduli III-31
    ____ Aayla Secura III-32
    ____ Vader's Medical Droid III-37*
    ____ AT-TE Tank Gunner III-38*
    ____ Polis Massan III-39*
    ____ Mas Amedda III-40*

They also list the other stuff, but only this is numbered.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Midnight_Madness_Toy_Checklist_90819.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.