Det, MI Star Wars Activities you like

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Midnightguard, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnightguard Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm sure alot of these have been answered in previous threads, but it's kind of hard to get the overall picture of what sorts of interests everyone has. Seeing the "Get to know you" thread gave me the idea to start another one so that we can all get a feel for what sorts of Star Wars related interests all of us have.

I'm making up alot of this off the top of my head so if you don't see a question you think should be included... feel free to add it. Most of these are "yes and no" types of questions, but don't let that keep you from explaining any of them further if you want to.

---------------------------------------------

(1)Do you read any of the Star Wars Novels (Expanded Universe)?

(2)Do you play the Star Wars RPG (either the West End Games version or the Wizards of the Coast version)?

(3)Are you into Star Wars Costuming?

(4)Do you enjoy playing Star Wars Trivial Pursuit or just doing Star Wars Triva in general (or both)?

(5)Do you play any of the Star Wars video games (either Computer or Console versions)?

(6)Are you into reading and/or writing Star Wars Fan Fiction?

(7)Do you collect Star Wars toys, cards, legos and other items?

(8)Do you play the Star Wars Collectable Card Game?

(9)Are you into reading/seeing Spoilers for the upcoming movies or not?

(10)Are their any other questions you would like to add to this?

---------------------------------------------

I included the question about spoilers so that those who like to read/see them know who they can discuss them with and who they should not (I believe we are all mature enough to respect each others stances on this so I don't suspect that any condemning of one group by the other will occur). Anyway, I'd like to know alot of this so that we can make it easier to see who has similar interests to our own.
  2. Midnightguard Jedi Knight

star 3
    (1) Do you read any of the Star Wars Novels (Expanded Universe)?
    Yes, I have the majority of the novels and have read most of them (still plugging away at those I haven't read yet). I also have some other non-novel books about Star Wars (incredible cross-sections and a few others)

(2) Do you play the Star Wars RPG (either the West End Games version or the Wizards of the Coast version)?
    Yes, I've been playing the WEG's version since it came out and recently picked up the WotC version. This is my true passion in Star Wars.

(3) Are you into Star Wars Costuming?
    Yes.

(4) Do you enjoy playing Star Wars Trivial Pursuit or just doing Star Wars Triva in general (or both)?
    Yes, I enjoy the Trivial Pursuit a lot but I prefer to actually do just random trivia more.

(5) Do you play any of the Star Wars video games (either Computer or Console versions)?
    Yes, I have the Shadows of the Empire game for my N64 and I plan to buy many of the computer games once I build my PC (I'm currently on a Mac and while I love Mac's, the selection of games for it are pretty limited).

(6) Are you into reading and/or writing Star Wars Fan Fiction?
    Yes, I read a bit of FanFic and have worked on a few pieces myself... but nothing serious.

(7) Do you collect Star Wars toys, cards, legos and other items?
    Yes, I'm not a hard core collector. I'll pick up a figure here and there, movie posters, odd knick-knacks and some of the Legos (I'm a bit taken with the legos, I just get a kick out the way they look).

(8) Do you play the Star Wars Collectable Card Game?
    Yes, I haven't bought any cards in quite some time but I have pretty much complete sets up to the Dagobah expansion. I've gotten a bunch of loose cards from expansions after that from a friend of mine, but just don't have the money to keep up on the newer expansions. I like to play it too, it's a fun game.

(9) Are you into reading/seeing Spoilers for the upcoming movies or not?
    Yes, I am very into spoilers, but I am very respectful of those who do not share this view.

(10) Are their any other questions you would like to add to this?
    No, none that I can think of right now.
  3. SparklerV Jedi Knight

star 1
    (1)Do you read any of the Star Wars Novels (Expanded Universe)?

Yes - oh, I own all except the full "Young Jedi Knights" and the "X-Wing" series. I only have bits and pieces of those parts of the EU.

(2)Do you play the Star Wars RPG (either the West End Games version or the Wizards of the Coast version)?

I have one source book, but RPGing confuses me! :eek: So I've never gotten into it.

I have 8 or so toy lightsabers and would love a Jedi costume, but need someone to make it for me. LOL

(4)Do you enjoy playing Star Wars Trivial Pursuit or just doing Star Wars Triva in general (or both)?

Bah - I just memorize stuff accidentally and it comes out of my mouth as trivia.

(5)Do you play any of the Star Wars video games (either Computer or Console versions)?

YES! I have X-Wing (though it won't work right), TIE Fighter (it won't play on an XP computer now :(), Rebellion, Force Commander (stink at it), Yoda Stories, X-Wing Alliance (need to buy a joystick to play it though...), Dark Forces I, DF II: Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith, and now... JK II: Jedi Outcast.

I'm a beta-reader for theforce.net, so yes on the reading part. I also do write my own fanfic - much of it is posted at http://www.forceacademy.com/fanfic under "Spark Vallen."

I have a good-sized collection of the original toys - bought 'em at a flea market when I was 9. :D I have the whole RoTJ trading cards from the 80s somewhere... lol... a bunch of Legos and many of the action figures from Ep I.

Newp - much like RPG, the card games confuse me.

Not really.

Um... lol What time is it?

4. Jedi_Knight_Fisto Jedi Master

star 1
    1)Do you read any of the Star Wars Novels (Expanded Universe)?
    No, I only read shadows of the empire. I never really got into expanded universe that much.

No

No, I was Darth Vader, Han Solo, and Luke for halloween before though.

Yes, I love quiz games about star wars.

Yes, I have played lots of the games. My favorite would either be Shadows of the Empire for N64 of Rouge Squadren for CG.
    Yes, I use to try to write my own Star Wars novels, short stoeries, and comic books. But I was in 5th grade back then so they weren't very good. But yes if I had more free time I'd probably write my own stories.

Yes, I collect every fig I can get my hands on. I also get games, movies, some cards, magazines, board games, posters, and other stuff too.

No, I use to play it all the time back a long time ago. I just think it's too confussing so I stopped playing.

Yes, spoilers don't really bother me that much, but there is a limit to how far they go. I do got the AOTC novel though and plan on reading it soon (before the movie comes out)

nope
  5. huttese1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love to collect and play trivia games. I also buy all the PC games that Lucasfilm makes, Jedi Outcast being my favorite.
  6. Idgie Jedi Master

star 4
    1).No,I never had much use for the Exploited Universe,although some of the prequel era EU is pretty good.

2)No

3)No

4)Yeah,sometimes

5)I've played some of the PSX and PS2 games.I liked `Jedi Power Battles' and `The Phantom Menace' for PSX a lot and I've played `Jedi Starfighter' on PS2.

6)On occasion.Eventually,I would like to get a fan fiction group going within R2-Detroit,once we get more members and if enough people would be interested in it.I was even thinking that we could get some of the members' fan fic posted on our site.(?)

7)Sometimes,collecting isn't that big of a deal to me anymore.I have certain characters that I collect on moreso than others.

8)No

9)I don't mind minor spoilers,but I don't like knowing spoilers of the Luke-I-am-your-father-magnitude.

10)No,not really
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.