main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: AFTERMATH

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
  2. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Nice! =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Whoa, that's neat. I really enjoyed Blade Squadron, so getting more short stories and tie-ins to Aftermath is cool.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Hopefully that means "we won't fill in the timeline because we're planning to keep current with the movies after TFA comes out" and not "we're going to be stuck in the past, and we'll drag our feet about it".

Come December, I won't care what happens between ROTJ and TFA, I'll care about what happens between TFA and what comes next.

spicer and Zorrixor like this.
  5. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Were the names "First Order" and "Resistance" officially revealed at Celebration, or have they only come from rumors/unofficial sources? If the latter, shouldn't they be contained in spoiler tags?

6. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009

They were on the props that were on display.

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Most notably, the new model of X-wing, the Incom T-70, was identified as a Resistance X-wing.

8. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Ah, cool. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I could keep coming back to this thread and still stay as spoiler-free as possible.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They just don't want to exhaust storytelling so quickly. But no, not stuck in the past. They'll move around. They already are in JtTFA.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    You know who was a good guy and became bad, though?

It kind of sucks.

11. DreamingGod

DreamingGod Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2015
    Y'know, the "real Star Wars' comment read to me like him saying "I'm getting off Twitter to talk about Star Wars and GOING TO WRITE MY CONTRACTED BOOK" y'know, something writers do, not a slam against Lucas. Jeez you guys are jaded.

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Nice I enjoyed Blade Squadron. hopefully they will become as popular as Rogue Squadron.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Let's pre-empt the responses to Blade Squadron series:

PRO: It's a sharp read!
    ANTI: It's so dull.

14. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Quest reports from Celebration that Aftermath is the first of a trilogy.

Since Volumes II and III will certainly come out after Episode VII, they could provide some major setup for its events without the worry of its plot being spoiled ahead of its release.

If the Original Trilogy is M*A*T*H (you could argue it became so once the 4, 5, and 6 monikers were added), and the first novel of this trilogy is AfterM*A*T*H, then will Book 2's title be some kind of variation on W*A*L*T*E*R? It could feature AT-ATs and be called W*A*L*K*E*R.

Also --- damn, man. This book was already our surrogate Heir to the Empire. Now Zahn's entire trilogy has new-canon parallels. Wendig has some mighty big shoes to fill, but whoever writes the next trilogy will have it easier --- the act they need to follow is only KJA.

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis likes this.
  15. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Ooh. Sort of a Pentastar Alignment/Imperial Remnant deal? Me likey!

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    We don't know that Wendig is doing three books--it could just be a trilogy in the sense that they're related thematically.

17. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    They're in it now, yes. And that's good. But if they stay in JtTFA after December, instead of moving to JtRO and JtE8, I'll be disappointed. (We already know they have two more books in there, but hopefully that'll be it.)

18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Man, this writer will be killing a lot of childhoods. Lol. He is already getting a lot of flack, and we haven't read a single word of his Star Wars work. I dig that he is not afraid to speak his opinions. He's like a combo of Salvatore and Traviss. I like him already.

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    What has he said so far?

20. DreamingGod

DreamingGod Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2015
    Wendig's a great author, been reading him in the World of Darkness lines, and some of his own personal fiction. His writing style is very engaging to me, and I know Aftermath is a lock in for a buy.

21. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Err...I was under the impression he tweeted critiques if the prequels...but maybe I...erred. I did check out his twitter page now though. He's a pretty entertaining twitter-er.

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Aaaah. So the Black Squadron is the unit Poe eventually is a part of, no? If so, I can get behind that and Aftermath.

23. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

You guys really ought to check out his writing blog, he's got some interesting thoughts there. Take this one for example (and I would love to see him get locked in a room with Traviss):

Right up front, I want you to identify who the character is. And you’re going to do it in a very brief way, the same way you would conjure a logline (or “elevator pitch”) for your story at hand. You will identify this character in the same space allowed for a single tweet — so, 140 characters.

If you need help, try writing a few character loglines for pre-existing characters from other storyworlds — “Dexter Morgan is a serial killer with a code of honor hiding in plain sight among the officers of the Miami Police Department.” Or “Boba Fett is an inept bounty hunter in Mandalorian battle armor who sucks a lot at his job and gets eaten by a giant dusty desert sphincter.” Whatever. (Want practice? describe a few well-known characters in the comments.)

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2013/10/28/plot-and-character

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Now I really like him.

25. Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2014

I... I... I like Boba Fett though... :/

mnjedi and Karl0413 like this.