main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: AFTERMATH

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 10, 2015.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Depends. If episode 8 is as secret as TFA, they might wait a year before doing post-TFA. There are other eras to explore including, yes, Rogue One stuff. That film already has a ton less secrecy given how much about it we already know (eg the main plot).

I would not be surprised to see novels exploring the new characters we get in Rogue One.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    It cuts to the very heart of Star Wars.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    They might, but that doesn't mean I'm interested in looking back to the past like that. :p

4. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Give this thread more attention!!!

I'm so hyped for this novel. The kickstart of the journey to the force awakens :D

Revanfan1 and Taalcon like this.
  5. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Author is not Denning. So I'm happy.

6. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I'm really looking forward to the "sweeping new cast of characters" and I really hope the big three will only have a minor role in this.

How soon do you guys think we will hear of the new factions of the ST in the novels? Personally I hope it will happen in the last novel in the Aftermath trilogy at the earliest, but I wouldn't mind waiting longer because it all has to make sense in the larger story.

Also is there a chance the Battle of Jakku will be in one of these books? I would love a canonical version of the story told since it apparently is a pivotal battle in the war. And those kind or battles need some back story in my opinion.

7. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    I'm still not convinced Jakku isn't Tatooine. Remember, Abrams specifically said that the villain in his second Star Trek film was not Kahn.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this as well. I'm extremely interested in the buildup to The Force Awakens, but I know a big part of me is going to cringe at anything that contradicts the old EU. Either way, I'm going to read it. I want to read everything that comes out before the movie so that I can go into it with as much backstory as I possible.

8. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    A major revelation relevant to the plot vs. a planet everyone assumes is Tatooine is not Tatooine, surprise, is still Tatooine. :rolleyes:

Cheerios4u98 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If Denning was writing it the worst that could happen would be that the lead characters would be a squad of Force-sensitive Barabel X-wing pilots. :p

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I mean, there's 1) literally no reason to assume they're the same except that they're both desert planets and 2) no reason I can imagine why it would actually be a plot-relevant twist. Love the Khan reveal or hate it, it was actually a twist.

Plus it's not like it'd even stay a secret until the movie, given that the Battle of Jakku will be appearing before it comes out. I really have no idea where this "theory" is coming from.

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I think Jakku is just Jakku. Especially given we've only ever seen one sun in its sky. If it "conveniently" also had double suns, then maybe it could "twist" be Tatooine. But it seems like there is only one sun so yeah, I think it's just a new planet. Which isn't a bad thing. Odd that it's a totally new desert world but...people complained about Tatooine being used too much, and now they're worried a new planet they practically asked for is actually going to turn out to be Tatooine? o_O

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Jakku = Tatooine theory has as much weight as the "Palpatine is not Sidious" theory that was all over this place during the PT.

I don't know why people.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Battlefront has pretty much put that theory to rest with the inclusion of both Tatooine and Jakku, with Jakku being DLC to tie into TFA. Though, Battlefront almost resurrected the idea with Tatooine appearing to have a crashed Imperial-class Star Destroyer when Boba Fett appeared, just like Jakku from the second TFA teaser, but all indications at this point are that will just be an event of some nature.

14. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    I'm one of the people who didn't want to see Tatooine anymore because it's already been in five of the six movies. I wanted something different, but a different planet that looks exactly like Tatooine isn't what I had in mind.

I'm not saying that Jakku is Tatooine. I'm just saying I don't trust everything that Abrams says.

15. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, but choosing to randomly and arbitrarily doubt everything he says doesn't make much more sense. You may as well be arguing "Well, he says Mark Hamill is playing Luke, but how do we know he's really not playing Luuke?" and it would have about as much of a basis to it. (Or more, even, since that would actually have obvious reasons to be a twist).

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Me neither--TFA is obviously Star Trek 3 in disguise.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    omg Finn is Uhura and Spock's son.

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    He doesn't have pointy ears what are you even talking about.

19. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    Whoa guys I'm not saying I think everything that comes out of the guy's mouth is a lie either. I don't even necessarily think he's lying at all. But it doesn't mean I'm not skeptical about what he says, since he's purposefully mislead fans before. You're taking what I said and running wild with it. I guess I wasn't as clear as I intended to be.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    He's only 25% Vulcan :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yes, but the specific things you're choosing to be skeptical about are kind of ridiculous.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Come to think of it, is JJ even really a director? Has anyone ever actually seen him directing?

23. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015

Sorry for thinking that a planet that looks exactly like Tatooine could possibly be Tatooine. My bad.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So if I show you 3 pictures, each of a different forest, but with the same tree type, you'd conclude it's all the same?

25. Cheerios4u98

Mar 4, 2015
    You guys are ridiculous. Who wouldn't see a desert planet in a Star Wars trailer and think it's Tatooine? The tree comparison is stupid. Most of the world outside of these boards thinks it's Tatooine. The Battlefront trailer only makes things worse. Can you really blame someone for seeing identical looking desert planets with identical looking crashed Star Destroyers in trailers that were released one day apart and assuming they're the same thing?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah... whoever confuses those two must be a complete idiot...

I'm sorry I even made that comment in the first place. I'm not going to discuss this further.

Riv_Shiel likes this.