main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars All-Star Team

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 4LOM, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    This might sound weird, but what if there was a series of books that involved the best and brightest Star Wars heroes all in one story together for a special mission? If so, who would be on this "All-Star" team? Here are my picks:

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia Solo
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca (I don't care if he's dead!)
    Artoo and Threepio
    Lando Calrissian
    Our favorite pilots: Wedge, Hobbie, Janson, the other guy (whose name completely escapes me!)
    Seba Sabityne (sp)
    Tahiri
    Talon Karrde
    Ghent the Slicer
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Kyle Katarn
    Kam Solusar
    Lowbacca
    Tenel Ka
    Prince Isolder
    Corran Horn
    Rik Duel
    Dani
    Chihdo
    Kiro
    Flint
    Jaxxon
    Den Siva
    Knife
    Blue Max and Bollux
    Vuffi Ra
    Winter
    Jaina Solo
    Jag Fel
    Lobot
    Orrimarrko (Prune Face)
    Fenn Shysa
    Bey
    4LOM and Zuckuss (I don't buy they became bad guys again)
    Salla Zend
    Face Loran
    Doc
    That illusion-casting lady from the 'Black Fleet Crisis'.

Notice I have NOT included Kyp Durron, Dash Rendar, or Jacen Solo...those characters bore me to tears!

So what do you all think? Anyone you would take off the list (I won't get offended, promise :) ) Anyone you would add? What would their special mission be? It would be cool, as, like, three or four books. This large team splits into smaller teams and goes in different directions. The personalities and skills of all these characters could be highlighted, and it would be a fun story!

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Oh, I forgot Plif the Hoojib! Every special mission needs a cute bunny-rabbit telepath, right?

3. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    The "other guy" you are referring to in the "favourite pilots" is Tycho Celchu. :)

I would have perhaps added Ooryl (who else to fly on Corran's wing?), and perhaps a few of the other smugglers, but apart from that, your list is pretty comprhensive. :)

4. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Well, in a way, the New Jedi Order saga was almost just that what you're suggesting... [face_mischief] 'cept, of course, it wasn't a single special mission.

Still, I wouldn't mind to add various videogame characters to that list. We know that Nym lives to see the Galactic Wars, and maybe even survived the whole ordeal(I can only see him going down fighting while crippling a Super Star Destroyer... at least). Jedi Knights Jaden Korr and Rosh Penin might also assist Kyle Katarn on various missions. Hell, HK-47 might still survive those 4000 years, so have him along as well. I'd love to see him cooperate with the other droids. 8-}

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    You know who I'm gonna add. ;)

Actually, he's already been added. Thanks, Iron Fist. :)

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    what type of team is this?.. it's huge! the dialogue would have to be like gosford park to have them all take a role...

and who would they play against?
    The Babylon 5 all stars?

maybe for some wacky infinities fun, they could have some sort of mad, mad, mad world or rat race scenario, where we have several teams vying against each other in some competition for loot... wait... they did that... the yavin vassilika hunt in Underworld.

7. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    I also noticed you didn't put in Anakin Solo... *hugs*

8. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    The only thing I don't agree with is not putting in Jacen. I can't read Traitor and not like Jacen's character....

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Isn't the point of an All Star Team to have a limited number of people? I think it would be more healthy for debate if you had to pick the top 10 or 15. Because right now, it seems like you could just put as many people as you want, so why not everyone in the GFFA?

10. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Except for Waru, of course, and that insect parasite from PoT. And of course, exclude all GoDV characters by any means.

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Star Wars Missions' Phelon might help, seeing as how he's, like, the smartest being in the galaxy. And he has the punniest name ever... ;)

12. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Instead of an all star team, I will give you an all star squadron, I will call it Red Squadron, for the sake of it. ( It is also a starfighter squadron)

Flight 1:
    Red 1 (Red Leader): Wedge Antilles
    Red 2: Tycho Celchu
    Red 3: Gavin Darklighter
    Red 4: Corran Horn

Flight 2:
    Red 5 (Flight 2 Leader): Luke Skywalker
    Red 6: Jaina Solo
    Red 7: Kyp Durron
    Red 8: Anakin Skywalker

Flight 3:
    Red 9 (Flight 3 Lead): Baron Soontir Fel
    Red 10: Jagged Fel
    Red 11: Wes Janson
    Red 12: Hobbie Klivian

I know it is dominated by OT characters, but we have more evidence of their abilities.

The reason I chose Wedge as leader, is not just because of his skill, but he has the most experience of leading a squadron.

Thats just my opinion.

13. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I like that you added Anakin Skywalker to that flight. Good list for a squadron. To bad Han never flew a X-wing. I'd really like to see what he could do in one of those.

14. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    I wish Han had flown constantly in an X-Wing, Tie or any starfighter. Because he would definitely be on the list. But since he hasnt I really couldnt add him. Oh well. He is still the best pilot of anything larger than a starfighter.-

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd just make up an entire new list of names and call it page's commandos

16. recurit03

recurit03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    The All-Star squardon is pretty good but I would have added Fel's second in command name is escaping me right now though, also take Face off the list while he is good in an x-wing there are certinly people better then him. And I dont believe that Ankain Skywalker ever flew an x-wing

17. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    He didn't fly an X-wing, that we know of. Wasn't the X-wing suppose to be an old design used before the Tie fighters but weren't the remaing fighters stole along with the plans? I'm not sure if I got that right but if that is the case he might have flown one. Anyway we've seen him in a pod racer, Jedi Starfighter, Tie Fighter. I'm pretty sure he could handle a X-wing.

18. dark_jedi666

Feb 14, 2002
    Ummm Face isnt on my list. He is on the other guys list. Face is good in an X-wing, but Kell is better and he isnt on my list either.

And I never said an X-Wing squadron, just a starfighter one. Anakin flew a starfighter, whether Jedi or Tie.

19. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Why not a military high command?

Fleet:
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Admiral Ackbar
    Grand Admiral Pellaeon
    General Bel Iblis
    Admiral Kre'fey
    Fleet Admiral Rogriss
    General Cracken