main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars Alternate Ending to ROTS: Dawn of a New Age- Updated (11-12) with revised+edited CH1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Star Wars Dawn of a New Age Revised Expanded Edition
    Introduction
    The Fall of Palpatine

From outside the Chancellor?s private chamber, sounds of a vicious exchange of lightsaber blades could be clearly heard. It made Anakin run even faster as he heard what sounded like a Sith lightning attack followed by the mocking laughter of Darth Sidious. Another exchange of lightsaber blades could be heard followed the sounds of glass loudly shattering.

Anakin suddenly lost his footing as he tripped over something that he had not seen. He braced himself as he landed on the corpse of Master Fisto who had been cut cleanly through his mid section by Darth Sidious?s lightsaber. Anakin gasped in shock as he realized he had fallen among the corpses of Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, and Agen Kolar. Before getting up, Anakin looked upon the face of Agen Kolar who had been stabbed cleanly through the forehead by a lightsaber blade. He cringed as the face of the powerful telepath was covered in an expression of shock and horror at what had happened to him. Anakin quickly got back up and made his way into the chamber to see Master Windu was still alive and that he was fighting Darth Sidious on the edge of the shattered view panel. Anakin armed himself and prepared to assist Master Windu as he proceeded with haste forward.

Master Windu was sweating considerably as Darth Sidious looked to be toying with him. Like a venomous cobra, Darth Sidious was simply biding his time and waiting for his opportunity to inflict upon him a lethal strike with his crimson lightsaber blade. The style of Darth Sidious reminded him a lot of Master Yoda?s as it employed the same animal like movements combined with relying on the living force as his most powerful weapon. Anakin watched as Darth Sidious became recklessly overconfident and gave Mace Windu the opportunity he needed as he high kicked Darth Sidious?s lightsaber from his grasp. Anakin could not believe it as Mace disarmed the Sith Lord followed by pinning him with his lightsaber blade in the corner of the shattered view panel. Mace then allowed himself to mock Darth Sidious by saying, ?You are under arrest, my Lord!?

Anakin was now fully in the room and lightsaber equipped in his hand but did not ignite it, as he had been prepared to come to the assistance of Master Windu. Master Windu glanced toward him and made a motioning gesture with his free hand to Anakin that indicated he had the situation under control as Darth Sidious looked helpless before him. Anakin relaxed a little as he then focused on Darth Sidious, who looked up at him in fear and cried out, ?You see Anakin, I told you it would come to this. The Jedi are trying to take over!?

Mace shook his head in disgust as he was not realizing it was Anakin he was pleading to and not him. Mace yelled down to him, ?The Sith will never again rule the galaxy. You have lost!?

Darth Sidious focus was returned back to Mace Windu as he allowed himself to become consumed by his dark ambitions of obtaining unlimited power. He looked up at the lightsaber blade of Mace Windu that was pointed down toward his face and began to realize that his dream was about to end. It was something he would not accept it as he cried out, ?No!? He had one last chance to still prevail as Master Windu stood ready to defend himself. He then yelled out in anger, ?You have lost!?

Mace was caught completely surprise as the toppled Darth Sidious unleashed an unexpected and very powerful Sith Lightning attack at him. Anakin was also taken completely by surprise, but Master Windu?s mastery of the Vaapad focus saved his life. The Vaapad Focus enhanced Master Windu?s reflexes that he quickly brought his light saber up to a defensive position to block the attack. Anakin shielded his eyes as Mace began to angle his lightsaber so the lightning attack began to reflect in a direction that was back onto Darth Sidious.

Master Windu began to overwhelm Darth Sidious as he used his lightsaber blade to reflect the lightning attack back onto him. His flesh

2. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Hey cool

3. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    this is definitly a better ending so far

can i get a pm when you update

4. Gizzi1213

Gizzi1213 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2006
    I like this so far. Flows nicely from the scene in the Chancellor's office in the movie. I'm really curious about the Ghost of Palpatine roaming about though. Not sure that wouldn't give me nightmares!

Update soon!

If you have a PM update list, can you add me please? Thanks!

5. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I have added to pm list:
    Frankieskywalker
    gizzi1213

I will be adding the first chapter to Dawn of a New Age on Friday

D.M.

6. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    moving this back up to the top page

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Chapter 1
    Return of Palpatine
    Kamino

The activation sequence was activated on the clone that stood completely suspended in the clone tank waiting to reborn. There was anger in the man controlling the activation sequence as he felt a great sense of rage to the Jedi who defeated his Master. The Dark Lord known as Darth Maul stood in front of the clone tube that he himself had once been grown in and produced. His memory was intact from the moment the Jedi padawan Kenobi had sliced him in half and his long fall down the ventilation shaft.

Due to his failure on Naboo, his Master punished him by making him the caretaker of his own clone. Darth Maul understood clearly that the Dark Lord Sidious wanted an insurance policy in case he was destroyed by the Jedi. Despite what grievances he had with his master, Darth Maul could not help but admire how cunning the man truly was as he seemed to always be prepared for any contingency that may fall upon him. His meticulous preparation into those contingencies was flawless as through his clone he would be reborn, his quest to destroy the Republic would be renewed, and the Jedi would pay for what they had done.

The small floating medical droid hovered by the tank as it continued to activate new sequences followed by the main view screen above the tank flashing between the colors of red and green. There were numbers in the Kamino language as Darth Maul could see the countdown flashing. In less then two minutes they were about to restore the Dark Lord of the Sith to the galaxy.

?It won?t be long now.? The female Kamino stated to him as she stood behind him and to the right. To the right of her was the Prime Minister of Kamino whom was contracted to be present when the Dark Lord?s clone was produced. The Kamino were exceptional cloners, who had refined the craft so precisely that they had developed a procedure that could clone force sensitive individuals and resurrect them with their memories intact. Darth Maul could see that his master had taken advantage of the technology as his clone had been produced in his early twenties as he no longer looked weak and pale. The true test however would come when it would be ascertained how much of his memory had been lost by the process.

The secret to his resurrection and his masters had been through the use of a unique crystal called Kyber Crystal. This unique crystal was exceptionally rare as it was produced naturally through the dark essence of the force. Darth Plagues the Wise was the first to truly understand how these crystals could be used to enhance his abilities being a former Jedi Master himself allowing him to become more powerful then any Jedi before him. It was also discovered by Darth Plagues that the crystal could be used to preserve the essence of its user and pass it back onto a clone. Darth Plagues became obsessed with collecting these crystals and using them to make himself stronger in the force with each one he possessed.

However, it was apprentice Dantius Palpatine who would truly grasp the true nature of these crystals as he purchased a planet called Moovis where he was drawn to it like a moth to the flame. On the planet he found a Kyber Crystal more potent and powerful then anything possessed by his master Darth Plagues. This crystal allowed Palpatine to grow more powerful then Darth Plagues and though he commonly insulted the memory of his master with stories of him being a frail and powerless old man the truth was Palpatine?s dark ambition fueled by the crystal destroyed him. Upon destroying Darth Plaguis, he became the true Dark Lord of the Sith and self proclaimed himself Darth Sidious.

Palpatine understood that the crystal allowed its user to preserve his essence and keep it from joining the force. However its application was not easy as Darth Plagues the Wise had failed to use this technique to clone himself using the crystal. Palpatine used his master?s failure and took the process to the exceptional Kamino cloners whom eagerly accepted the Dark Lord hoping unlocking the s

8. kennyboy

Jun 16, 2006
    very cool, mil. you have my intreast.

keep up the good work and thanks 4 the pm.

9. frankieskywalker

Apr 13, 2006
    Bad Palpy. Stay dead. Hopefully the jedi don't go to crazy about Anakin and Padme being married.

Great post and thanks for the pm.

10. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I am glad you both enjoyed the story and please spread the word to any friends you know here to read Dawn :)

D.M.

11. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Hey I would be interested to read the rest of this. Please PM me when you have completed it. I don't have time to read each update as it comes up so its easier for me to read the full thing when it is all up. Thanks.

12. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wow, I loved this start, amazing job Milteck=D=. It was really creepy when Ani saw Palpy again. I hope that he won?t cause to much trouble, but then again, he is Palpy so I?m guessing that he will.

But oh no, I was hoping that with Obi-Wan knowing, then they could be a family that they deserve to be, and this won?t be an easy life for the Skywalker?s, well, when is it ever?

And now Darth Maul is back, can it get any worst? But considering that his last memory is of being killed by Obi and falling down like that, he won?t be very happy about the Jedi, well, who would be.

his attempt to turn Anakin to the Dark side had failed

Have I mentioned how happy I am about that?

13. Spyman290

Spyman290 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2006
    hey milteck(or should i say enigma_writer(just to let you know im a bro of tntornado))

im glad your reposting dawn here im sure every one will like it

keep up the good work

Spyman

14. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    whoot someone who knows me from SWG!!!

I thought they did not exist here even though this is the best star wars sight of all time. I intend to make Dawn of a New Age one of the best stories of all time here and get it in the archives.

I hope everyone enjoys Dawn as much here as they did on SWG as I feel I am am representing them all here.

D.M.

15. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    kennyboy

I will pm you next friday when I post chapter 2 and am glad you are finding the story very interesting.

frankieskywalker

Yes Palpatine will be causing many heads to roll once he makes his resurrection known as will his resurrected apprentice Maul.
    Stay tuned to see how the revelation of Anakin's marriage pans out for

Farra_Sti

I will pm you with each chapter that I post and will post once it has been completed

Star_Angel

The entire story is about Anakin Skywalker remaining a Jedi and not turning to the dark side and am glad you too are happy to see his character remain good and not become an agent of evil. Anakin was a good person and it was painful in ROTS to see him betray his friends and destroy everything he ever loved. Dawn is all about showing what could of happened had he remained a Jedi, been a good husband and fater, and how he could of brought balance to the force as a Jedi.

Darth Maul will attempt to have his revenge against the Jedi as will Palpatine as all I can is a great battle will be happening.

Spyman
    Great to see you here as I hope the readers here at forcenet will love this story as much as they did on SWG. Look for changes however as I have gone through and made some subtle changes that did not appear in the story on swg. It will give my fans there something to look for as I post the story here.

D.M. Edwards

16. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    moving up to the top

17. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    I will be updating this on either Saturday or Sunday with Chapter 2

Will send pm's to all those who have read so far

18. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Fantastic story so far!! I'm hooked. Please add me to the PM list, I'd love to see where this one goes.

EG

19. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    You got it EGKenobi.
    You are on the.... The List!!!!

D.M.

20. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Chapter 2
    Coruscant-Estate of Senator Amidala

Anakin tossed and turned in the bed as what he was currently seeing in his sleep was not pleasant. It had started in better times when he was a younger man receiving guidance from Chancellor Palpatine in his office in Coruscant whom encouraged him to push hard to excel within the order. He also encouraged young Anakin to open himself up to the feelings he held back such as his fear and anger. He believed that if Anakin truly opened himself up to his true nature then there was nothing out there that could stand in the way of his dreams.

The voice of Palpatine then continued as his voice changed as with a stern tone explained to him, ?The path that the force will guide you on will not be easy or understood by those around you in the Jedi order. Jedi should not have to be forced to make the choices you have made.? The scenery then changed back to when he was on Tatooine as a young boy as he left with Qui-Gon to join the Jedi order. The image of his mother stood somberly as she waved good bye to him and her image began to fade further and further away.

?Mom.? He cried out in his sleep as he turned back over unaware that he was dreaming.

The voice of Palpatine then returned as it whispered to him, ?You must make those pay that have hurt the ones you love.? He then found himself back in the Tuskan raider camp but it was not when he had come to rescue his mother but appeared to be a much earlier time. The Tuskans were all celebrating something around a blazing camp fire and Anakin tried to understand what it was they were doing. Then he saw it and felt himself consumed with anger as he viewed his mom being dragged away from the camp fire with her hands bound by robe with a single Tuskan pulling her along. His eyes widened as he saw him take her unwillingly into his tent and with all the voice of his lungs shouted for him to stop.

He now understood what was happening as it was a marriage ceremony and that his mother had been forcibly married to that Tuskan. He did not have to imagine what was about to go on inside the tent and was horrified by what was about to be done. However something happened that was unexpected as he heard what sounded like a Tuskan howling in pain followed shortly by the flap of the tent being torn open. His mother scurried out covered with blood over her dress and down her arm. Anakin first thought the Tuskan had hurt her but she was holding a knife and he understood that she had used it to defend herself.

The Tuskans around the camp fire had noticed the disturbance and began to slowly approach her holding their weapons. Many with Tuskans with riffles were aiming them at her while others with their traditional clubs begin to slowly stalk towards her. There was no chance for her escape as there were too many but she held out her knife threatening to stab any whom tried to touch her.

Anakin cried out again for his mom trying to run and assist her but found himself unable to move as the Tuskans continued to move toward her. One had moved around to her left and snuck up behind her and struck her against the back of her head with his club. She cried out in pain as she collapsed to the ground and the Tuskans dragged her unconscious body back towards the tent where he had found her during his rescue attempt.

Then the scenery changed once again and he found himself standing in front of the tent with his lightsaber ignited. He cut through the tent just as he had before to find his mother close to death. It had been clear to him when he had found her the first time that the Tuskans had tortured her but his dream revealed to him that due to their customs had not given her food or drink until she agreed to marry one of them. His mother?s strength did not go unnoticed to him this time as she had always been strong during their time of bondage as slaves in Mos Eisley. He cut her restraints and held her as she recognized him and smiled seeing how well he had grown. Like before she died in his arms and once again the pain, anger, and grief fi

21. frankieskywalker

Apr 13, 2006
    Great update. Sorry I have nothing to say it's almost 4am here and I'm too tired to think.

22. kennyboy

Jun 16, 2006
    Aw, poor Anakin. Xio Jade! I know where you got that from.

Brill update and thanks 4 pm.

23. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Kennyboy: Yes Xio is the red headed mother of Mara Jade. The force runs through the women of the Jade family as they all have distictive red hair. I am glad you enjoyed the update

D.M.

24. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    moving this back up to the top

D.M.

25. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Edited message with title of chapter 2-Anakin's Dream

D.M.

Thread Status: