main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - An Artificial Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by glifberg111, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glifberg111

glifberg111 Jedi Master

May 22, 2002
    I know this is in all of your minds, but i thought it would be kinda cool to bring this up.

Anyway, back to the point. :) I know you all think of this, but here we go. So, as most of you know, the rumor is, that Lucas made the idea of Star Wars when he was a kid. Star Wars is literally a galaxy inside a galaxy, in other words, an artificial galaxy. Lucas created a full-size galaxy and potential universe inside our crazy, depressed, rushed, organic galaxy. Sure, any film director can go out and try to create any sort of attempt at a galaxy, but few create one as cool and as upfront and personal as Lucas did.

Lots of Sci-Fi movies both focus on our galaxy and others, some all in one. Sure, hundereds, sometimes thousands of movies try to make it as a big time movie, some never even make it to be in a theatre, others make it and are rejected. You can rarely find a movie as cool and as upfront as Star Wars. Star Trek, Minority Report, Planet of The Apes, and possibly hundreds others make it to the big time as a hit.

I'd have to say not many of other movies have as many fan and have made such a rebellious break and the world as Star Wars. In Star Wars, fans can get to know every individual name. For example, instead of just calling Boba Fett as calling him 'that one green dirty bounty hunter,' all have known him as Boba Fett, the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. Instead of Dexter Jetster being called 'resterant owner,' we know him as Dexter Jetster, former criminal and owner of Dex's Diner.

What do y'all think?

2. __clairvoyant__

__clairvoyant__ Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2003
    Its true in a way; I have something to add to your idea.
    With more details, everything becomes more convincing, with more characters people like more to see them interact.Look at Star Trek, for example, you would not think that Picard's childhood was the reason that he hates this or that etc...Star Wars takes the main characters from their birth or from a point where you can really understand them, or apply their behavior to you.
    Like everyone feels tempted like Anakin or Luke even in small cases.More details, more reality so more fans learning every character by their name.Cause the script is strong with great sayings which tend to stay in our minds.
    Also, this is my idea in the case of the effect of the movies'endurance.Say you watched the OT with your family when you were young.You remember Star Wars as a classic since it stays in your mind forever, because you accept everything even if they are impossible when you are a child.After a long time, the new movies come out, its like a return to the childhood with the current technology.Thats what i think makes SW most interesting.Every SW fan considered himself Luke once when he got angry against his father , even for the smallest thing.
    I dont know it seems people dont want to discuss this much. Take care everyone

3. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I agree with pretty much everyone on this issue.

:p

4. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    GFFA kicks the Milky Way's can. And serioudsly, what kinda name is Milky Way. Thats hella lame. When we do meet aliens:

Alien: What galaxy are u from, Ape thing.
    Human: Why, Im from the Milky Way!
    Alien: Wait I think my translatacon is busted. Did you say "the calcium beverage-y Way?
    Human:Thats the one!
    Alien: Hahahaha! THats friggin' rich!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.