main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars and 2014 SDCC-Will there be a major presence?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Anytime somebody says "Zac Efron" in a Star Wars rumor, their credibility is shot with me and I pay them no further attention.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Zac Efron being bad news for Comic-Con.... Lol
    It sure would

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Isn't he still in rehab?

4. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    I think they'll show something from the film, all be it small.
    Like a short teaser showing the Falcon and a bit of narration from Han or Luke. I'm guessing if this does happen it'll be comic con exclusive for a few weeks; before they put it in front of Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Or the first few official photos from production, with characters in costume.
    Maybe a short panel if we are really lucky.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    My dream scenario would be a panel with the cast and director (complete with Q and A) with maybe a brief teaser (Dont give me that "Well they've only been filming for two months so it's too soon for a trailer". GOTG was only filming for two weeks and they gave comic con a trailer). But sadly...I still feel the best we'll get is maybe a video from the set of Abrams giving us the usual stuff ("It's all going well" "Can't wait to show you stuff" "Thanks for your support" "Too early to give out info"). But hey...at least DC and Marvel will be great this year

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Teasers and trailers hit a head within the past year and are now different. Has anyone been the to theater recently? They don't have the huge displays for movies any more-at least not ones that are coming out in more than a month.

Jackson stated that the first full length trailer for the third Hobbit movie isn't even coming out until OCTOBER, 2 months before the movie. We should have had a teaser 5-6 months ago and a trailer now. Hunger Games just released a teaser which is more of a viral thing than a real teaser and the movie comes out in November.

We'll be lucky to get a teaser at the SW Celebration next April.

What might happen is Lucasfilm might give a definitive schedule for releases for the rest of the ST and the spin-offs.

Dewback likes this.
  7. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I just gave the expo layout another look and noticed Big Hero 6 has a booth. Seeing another Disney/Pixar/Marvel property being represented does a bit to raise my confidence about some new Star Wars stuff (other than Rebels) making an appearance.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really don't think they'll be any sort of footage reveal at all, however, SDCC 2015 is an entirely different bag. Probably just a "Hi, Hall H!" video from the Ep. 7 at most this year. Hopefully, some announcements - finally, what the spin off flicks actually are! They could still make headlines that way and not have to do any sort of real fancy work with the cast/ crew / Q&A / footage. Not nearly as much headlines as those will, but they'll get enough.

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we aren't getting any clips.

10. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Will Disney let Ep VII do anything at SDCC 2015 with D23 being a month later?

11. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    D23 is 13 months later.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Only if it finishes its homework and does all of the dishes.

Trebor Sabreon and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I totally understand that! A person we know told us about Adam Driver, Lupita, and Efron. I scoffed at an Oscar winner going to Star Wars and the return of the Efron rumor. 2 out of 3 ain't bad, but I'm kinda betting on Efron showing up now. But I never ran the stories because I didn't know what to make of it and everyone was trying out. There's also a chance Efron was going to be in one and it broke down for whatever reason.

14. SithPug

Jun 18, 2014
    No, it's one month after SDCC 2015.

I feel like this might be the only chance for them to showcase Ep VII at SDCC unless Disney gives them a pass in 2015 like they did with Marvel last year.

15. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Jason, what are you betting on for Comic-Con? Title? Spin-off info? Curious.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    SDCC: Hi folks, here's the lead of our new Han Solo spin-off movie, playing the famous smuggler himself - Zac Effron!

ZAC: Hiya everybody!

*SDCC begins to riot, tearing a rip in space-time geekdom*

17. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    My bad. I skimmed over the 2015 part. You're right, I think that is a definite possibility. I suspect there will be some interesting reveals at Celebration and D23 but they may not participate at SDCC in 2015.

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I bet that we get a title at ComicCon, followed by a title/teaser attached to Guardians of the Galaxy, if not both at SDCC.

They gave a title teaser for Age of Ultron last year at SDCC almost 2 years out from release date.

Revanfan1 and Palpatine2016 like this.
  19. SithPug

Jun 18, 2014
  20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Yayyy...

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I knew it. Cue the fan rage

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not surprised in the least. Figured it would be mostly Rebels. The big year for Episode VII will be next year with both Celebration and D23 scheduled to take place.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, Lucasfilm isn't even in Hall H from what I can glean from that. Negative Episode 7, heck, probably not even spin-off flick announcements. All Rebels, All the time! (which makes sense since it's out about a month and a half later).

Sorry, Zac Effron, back to the rumour bin you go (to be dusted off every time a Star Wars movie will be cast for the next decade, at least).

HanSolo29 and Dewback like this.
  24. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    There shouldn't be much nerdrage here. Maybe mild disappointment at worst. I seem to remember a few of us saying there would be nothing about Episode VII.

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Wasn't there supposed to be a 2 hour TV Rebels movie on Disney Channel this month?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.