main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars and 2014 SDCC-Will there be a major presence?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    I wasn't expecting any type of panel. I was hoping we'd get something quick like what Snyder did last year to announce the Batman vs Superman movie (whether it be Ep VII title or spinoff announcements)

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, I thought August but, as per Mr. Press Release:

Scheduled to premiere in the fall as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I think it's sort of funny how the Episode VII bit is buried a third of the way through the release. They obviously wanted people to read the Rebels panel info before closing the page.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Heck, if they really wanted to be tricksy about it, they would have added it at the very bottom of the press release so people would have to read about "A New Dawn" and "OT Storyboard" panels!

Also I think leading off the press release with "NO EPISODE 7!" would be a bit of a downer to kick off the first sentence. Full on truthful, but a downer.

5. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    If anything about Episode VII is going to slip out it will probably be during the Star Wars Origami panel.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Oh well, at least a small video of JJ would be cool.

Satipo likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That sucks but the Rebels panel should be interesting. Hopefully they'll tell us when the darn thing premieres. Also the poster was pretty cool.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  8. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think they're going to officially unveil anything, or even tease, for Episode 7 at a Rebels panel that isn't in The Big Comic-Con room, wouldn't get enough hype buried away at that. Abrams has also skipped out on Comic Con while working on Star Trek as well. And, once again, The Mystery Box. So, yes, no Episode 7.

Probably get some Marvel comics Star Wars announcement finally, actual Star Wars comic book news at Comic Con. Who've thought that!

Revanfan1, Juke Skywalker and Dewback like this.
  10. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    If Lucasfilm can spare the retail space on the expo floor and JJ opens the mystery box just a crack there might be something to ogle, but I agree with BigAl6ft6. I doubt there will be anything about Episode VII teased at Rebels or any of the announced panels. Maybe if Disney has a panel in Hall H.

11. SithPug

Jun 18, 2014
    If there is going to be any type of tease it's going to be in Hall H, which means it would have to be a part of a Disney block. Will Disney be showcasing any films at SDCC this year? I've been under the impression that Disney essentially gave Marvel their full Hall H slot on Saturday. Would they tack on any SW tease at the end of the Marvel panel?

12. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    No one knows yet. Big Hero 6 will likely be part of the Marvel panel. Even if Disney does have a block then some Episode VII tidbit will be have to be shoehorned in and I think Disney and Lucasfilm would prefer to make a proper spectacle of it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ehh. I'm just going to make my prediction now that they wont be releasing any major things at conventions (d23, comic con, ect) but instead will just release news on random days when we are least expecting them.

Revanfan1 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, not surprised at all. I've been saying that the most I expected for E7 was a title, and probably not even that. I doubt they're ready to share anything else yet, and also I think that they don't want to overshadow Rebels at this point.

Revanfan1, BigAl6ft6 and Dewback like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to scream and murder the universe.

17. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

Hey I live in said Universe...I prefer not to be murdered thankyouverymuch.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    As I recall Episode I, II, and III titles were released like 10, 9, then 8 months before release. But then, Age Of Ultron's title was revealed almost 2 years before the release date. Disney's in control now, maybe we'll get a title reveal?

I honestly doubt we'll get anything except maybe a quick "I'm JJ I miss my family" video or a "Yeah we're still working on Star Wars guys, it's gonna be good" thing.

I think everything is going to unfold come 2015.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. SithPug

Jun 18, 2014
    Unless it's on Sunday there isn't a Disney movie panel at SDCC this year. I was holding out hope that at the end of the Disney panel they'd have some sort of quick surprise regarding Episode VII. Oh well.

Saw this idea on twitter but how awesome would've it have been to simply have JJ via video apologizing for not being there only to be interrupted by Hamill in full Luke Skywalker attire telling him they need to get back to set.

BigAl6ft6 and my kind of scum like this.
  20. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Disney's putting all their guns on Marvel.

21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I honestly don't know how to copy tweets here, but Ali Arikin is saying he still thinks Disney will have *something* for VII at SDCC. Not sure how his track record is, so don't shoot the messenger. Just passing it along.

22. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    He says it's just a hunch, but I tend to agree with him.

Satipo likes this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Time's running out to promote Rebels so its natural that this is their focus at SDCC, next year when Rebels has an established audience they will be pushing Episode VII like crazy. But for now just enjoy all the nice Rebels treats, i am :cool:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. SithPug

Jun 18, 2014
    Without a Disney panel in Hall H I just don't see them announcing/releasing anything Ep VII related. I hope I'm wrong.

Since the only Disney related panel in Hall H is the Marvel panel, I would love it if at the end Feige said something along the lines of 'it's been a while since they've been here and they're now a part of the Disney family so we thought we'd include them in our panel' as he introduced some sort of video with JJ and/or KK. Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I've got my fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe, we'll get confirmation of the Big 3 and the release date.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.