main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars and 2015 SDCC

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dewback, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    The first mention of San Diego Comic-Con was made this week when JJ told Collider that he "hopes" to bring The Force Awakens to the con in July. But as the Unofficial SDCC Blog points out, there is some question about how much Disney will allow Lucasfilm to participate.

I still anticipate a great showing at Celebration, but what do you all think will be shown at SDCC if Disney approves? Since this con is more of a "red carpet" event I am hoping for a Star Wars mega panel with the OT cast and the stars of the ST, a clip or two, or perhaps something interesting in the exhibit area beyond merchandise sales and promotion.

TheBBP likes this.
  2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if we do not get much of TFA, but we do get news of plans that they have for other areas of Star Wars whether it be books, comics, games and possibly TV.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't know...I can see Disney opting out of SDCC (sorta like they did last year) to showcase everything for the film at their own D23 Expo, which would be only a few short weeks away by that point.

4. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    That's been my gut instinct too. Remember the first D23? They kept MARVEL from going to SDCC. They kept their comic book film properties away from comic-con itself in an effort to promote D23. I'm afraid they will use Star Wars for the same purpose. But, hey, JJ's enthusiasm leaves me optimistic and Disney did eventually allow Marvel Studios to return to SDCC.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    How big is D23 compared to ComicCon?

Last year didn't they feature Age of Ultron heavily at ComicCon? With an actor panel and sneak peak at the trailer too?

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd vote D23Expo over SDCC for a major TFA push.

That said, if J.J. is already mentioning SDCC, it would be great if Disney did a little something for both.

7. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Well perhaps something small for SDCC. I realize the answer to my previous questions.

There were no Disney/SW releated events in 2014 and this year there are two: Celebration VII (April 16-19) and D23 (August 14-16). So now I can see why they wouldn't use SDCC as a major push.

Age of Ultron had a HUGE presence at 2014 SDCC but there was no D23 so who knows?

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  9. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    My prediction is SDCC will be a huge disappointment for us Star Wars fans.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I have a feeling we wont get anything because life is cruel and loves to disappoint me :p

HankSolo and Digladio like this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, I think this is what will happen. There might be a very small presence at SDCC, but nothing major.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I could see a Trailer. Darth Claire I feel the exact opposite, I have been quite blessed In my Life, Great movies, Great TV shows, and my Sports teams have multiple Championship's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I think the next trailer will be at Celebration, personally. I don't know... I honestly feel like SDCC will have something, but not as much as Celebration and D23.

14. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    How does it work for us who won't be there? Reading descriptions until Ultron and online release worldwide? I can see myself being content with that... sadly.

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    So then the next logical follow up question would be what kind of presence will TFA have at D23 Expo?

We have not had confirmation about the September merchandise release, have we? If this is the plan then I'd think if they skip out on SDCC then D23 will be HUGE? Yah?

16. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Well something most certainly will be huge, other than my boner. I can't even imagine the media frenzy post September... prequel trilogy was a different era so this is pretty much unknown territory. I don't believe Disney would want to release 10+ TV spots and ruin everything, but huge media presence from cast & crew is a given.

100% certain spoiler leaks for the whole story concern me though, I love reading the speculations in 'rumors' thread atm but when it starts getting real and in-detail, not so sure...

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    celebration is in April, SDCC Is in July there Is no reason we can't get a Trailer at both events and then the last trailer before they start rolling out TV Spots could very well be in the Fall.

18. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    But if we get the trailer at Celebration Ultron is out? I don't believe they'd pull out of Ultron.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    are you saying there is a rumor that there will be a star wars trailer attached to age of ultron? If so I don't believe that has been confirmed, so chalk that up to just a rumor at this point. and Don't forget May The Fourth Be With You witch has become a National Holiday among Star Wars Fans....

20. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I don't know if we've had official confirmation of September but remember that SDCC is the big public roll out for new stuff from companies like Hasbro, Lego, Sideshow, Gentle Giant, etc. And Lucasfilm always has a massive booth with tons of video, props and merch. Even if there isn't a major panel in Hall H there will likely be a huge marketing blitz by licensees on the exhibit floor.

BigAl6ft6 and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  21. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    We might get a panel with JJ and some of the younger actors maybe Hamil and Daniels and maybe a small clip or art but thats all I am thinking we will get.

vinsanity likes this.
  22. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    I think the new trailer will premier at Celebration and online in April, then it will be attached to Avengers in May so mass audiences get to see it.

23. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Is that in reference to SDCC or D23?

24. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I am talking about SDCC. I think we will get something at Comic Con because JJ said he hoped he could go to comic con this year.

25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.