main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Star Wars and Apple Computer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SnappyGalbladder, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnappyGalbladder

SnappyGalbladder Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Light Side, Dark Side, whichever you prefer, this is pretty funny. I saw this on an Apple "Photoshopping" fan site and thought it was pretty good:

[image=http://www.thompson.indianapolis.in.us/jeff/images/2923ti-fighter2.jpg]

2. Spencerian

Spencerian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Dude!

That's just wrong! Especially since we all know that a Pentium chip REALLY needs those radiators!

3. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Aren't you tired?????

Gregg

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *pets her iMac*

[face_devil]

5. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Luke: "He's heading for that small moon!"
    Obi-Wan: "That's no moon...it's an iMac."
    Han Solo: "It's too big to be an iMac. Have you seen the latest models. They're like...tiny!"

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Q: Similarity between Macs, Krispy Kremes, Papa Johns, Oprah, Coke, the Red Wings and the Cubs?

A: They all suck.

7. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    NO YOU DIDN'T.

Q:Who's going to take the Stanley?

A: Not the Blackhawks.

For some one your age you'd think you would be smarter than that.

8. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    //programs her G4 to launch a fleet of ICBM's right at JediJeff13's house.

[face_devil]

9. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    actually Sil, I have to agree with that loser JediJeff on this one.

[image=http://www.crud.net/notscape/gacy.gif]

10. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    JediJeff is my hero!

Down with Apple.
    Down with the Cubs!

Go White Sox Go!

11. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    You are dead to me.

I gave up on the blue screen of death 2 years ago and I haven't looked back.

12. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    As someone who currently uses Windows but will soon be using Mac to work on my films I'll have to abstain.

13. thraken76

Jan 19, 2001
    Don't get me wrong... Microshaft isn't much better. I'll take Linux any day.

14. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I love my ibook... she's my baby...

i dont care about the flack i get... i'm blissfully in apple-land

:D

15. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I heard they just released "Pong" for all Apple models, you guys should all go out and pick it up.

Word is out that they are going to release "Pitfall" in 2003.

16. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    -- I heard they just released "Pong" for all Apple models, you guys should all go out and pick it up.

We will, but you should know when they shipped it for PC's it had approximately 63,000 bugs in it. The real program runs slightly akin to American McGee's 'Alice' on a Mac.

[image=http://www.nenya.net/sw/pong_mac.jpg]

17. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Ironic... Intel does fancy commercials with the Blue Man group.. ON MACINTOSH COMPUTERS!

Play your little thrillkill games on your PC. Wheeee. Macs can be used to produce something of value. And, using VirtualPC, (software to make the Mac OS retarded enough to run DOS programs) can run those same games. So there. 8^P

You can say Macs suck all you want. That doesn't change the fact that you are both wrong and woefully misguided. Why are PCs so popular? Because they are cheap and disposable. They're like Chrysler products. They look all good and run great at first, but after a couple of years you are desperate to trade up.

R2-B9

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm just too used to a mouse with more than one button...sorry.

*boots up Commodore 64*

19. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey hey hey....i'll support you on the Mac thing (although I have a PC at home, but it's not much more than somethign I can use as a word processor). But when you start bashing Chrysler products, that's when I draw the line ;) My Acclaim ran decently well for 11 years until some jerk with a suspended license decided to do flying over a hill on Fall Creek Road. Of course the thing only had 95,000 miles on it, most of which I've put on in the past 3 years though.

Ok....now I'll go drool over my mom's 300 M now.

20. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Sil & R2-B9, you guys were two of the people I most enjoyed meeting at C2... and now I know another reason why I enjoyed talking with you both. Having Macs in common is a lot like having Star Wars in common... it creates an almost instant link between people. I've noticed that people who prefer Macs often tend to be more imaginative, creative, and, well... "think different". :)

Although I definitely don't want to get into another Mac vs PC debate (besides, if you were a PC person, would you want to admit that you were wrong? LOL!), I will say that I wouldn't trade my G3 PowerBook, G4 Tower, or Indigo iMac for anything. And as for games, what more than Unreal Tournament does anybody need? ;)

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Until you guys get Galatic Battlegrounds you'll never convert me.

22. thraken76

Jan 19, 2001
    Macs have their value. They do a darn good job of running 'Oregon Trail' for third grade students. (I'm kidding) If you want to make some graphics for cheep, Macs are certainly the way to go. If you want to do grapheics right, you go out and get an SGI. Ever since Mac OSX came out I've warmed to the idea of apples due to the correction of one fatal flaw... No CLI. Basing Mac OSX on FreeBSD was the best thing apple has ever done. Apple was very inovative back in the day, but when Stevie Jobs decided to hold onto the source code for the os and the manufacturing process, it was just a matter of time until the inovation was gone.

Now, Micro$oft is another story. I'm no friend of theirs. Bill Gates has set the computer industry back 10 years with his ideas of intelectual property and his perditory business tactics. It is due to these business tactics that over 95% of the desktops in the world run windows. Since this is the case the vast majority of people will rally to the cause of microsoft because its all they are used to and they don't think they are capible of learning another system. Microsoft wimps.

However... most of the people that I have ever run into who are flag waving supporters of Macs are just as lame as the microsoft jokers. They learned on a Mac, and are terrified of having to actually type in a command instead of wave their mouse around. They stand up and beat thier chest about how apple is better, when their computer knowledge revolves around how well they navigate Solitarie. Mac hippies.

If you know whats going on, then fine. If you are smart enough to know your way around both and and logicaly say you prefer one over the other, then fine. But if you are basing your decision on which is better based on what you spent $1800 for at BestBuy in 1996, then this isn't your debate.

One more thing... R2-B9, you see that area at the bottom of each post? yeah. its called a signature. If you want each post to end with "R2-B9" you can put it down there. You really don't need to "sign" each post thanks to this "signature" feature. You might even leave it out, we all already know its you since it has your name to the left of each post. ;)

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh] He's just old skool and likes to type out his sigs...I'd like to throw in an ASCII Cow, but the boards don't allow extra spaces and a distorted ASCII Cow is no good at all.

Seb-X

24. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I am a victim of being man enough to sign my posts. SORRY, TOILET SEAT ARMOR-HEAD!!!

Artoo-Beenine

(that was called a humorous response, a poke at fun. Don't get your kneepads in a bind!)

:D :D :D :D :D

25. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    PC vs. iMac....jeez, that's about as big a debate as which videogame console is better.

Remember folks, it's the games...er..software that makes or breaks the system/operating system in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.