main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars and the Oscars over the past 25 years

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by eclipseSD, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Any lack of a nomination is somehow seen as a "snub." It's like you're slapping someone in the face and saying that their work was horrible. This is not true. You can't "snub" or "shaft" or "cheat" or "rob" a movie of an Oscar. It's a self-congratulatory ceremony meant to increase bof office revenue. It doesn't make a difference in the long run what movie wins or loses. Star Wars' day in the limelight has passed. It's lucky to get a nomination today. It's time for other films to win.

2. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    hey moron frogurt I don't even know where to begin with you ridiculously stupid post. First off the razzies HAVE ZERO credibility. All they like to do is pick on movies which are popular because they want to piss as many people off as possible. Considering their are a TON of star wars fans more fans than any other they love to piss off Star Wars fans. If you look on rotten tomatoes or IMDB both films have a pretty high rating. I love the prequels I think they are GREAT! I have always said about John F. Wilson the little weasal who runs the razzies, who insults people, but never can respond to his emails when people criticize him back, let him burn in the deepest depths of hell and that will be indeed a wonderful day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.