main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars and TV : new article online at Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by cinemajay, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemajay

cinemajay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    There's just a few tidbits in an interview by SW producer Rick McCallum. I tried submitting to contact1@theforce.net but kept getting delivery errors. Posting here instead. Article talks about the DVD and the shrinking budgets to produce for TV.

Blurb about Star Wars and TV

Full article which also discusses the Ep 3 DVD

Since Empire magazine is printed in the U.K. they don't edit out naughty words (just in case bad language offends you).

Enjoy!

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah not much there but the idea of paying cast and crew the same amount will never work unless they sign the actors to extensive contracts. Because if they do well enough that people will give them better offers what inecentive do they have to stay?

3. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I can't believe that they're still claiming that Lucas wrote out (at least the outlines) of all six episodes way back in 76.

4. cinemajay

cinemajay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I remember reading a Lucas interview earlier this year (when Sith was still in theaters) that 60% of what he "originally planned" in the 70s happens in Ep 3. Meaning that the other 40% was divided between Ep 1 & 2. I think what he MEANT to say was something like: "I lost my notes for the prequels until I started writing episode 3, but by then it was too late, I'd already made two prequels."

5. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    WT*?!? :eek: I was laughing out loud when McCallum said "We have to shoot the films in 53 days; thatâ??s the maximum we can do because we cannot spend over that money. Because we donâ??t know if weâ??re going to get it back in box office and because we only make one film every three years, and we have a huge company to feed, if we donâ??t make money weâ??re dead meat, weâ??re over, itâ??s finished."

I think that quote speaks for itself. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.