main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Anniversary Exhibition in London

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Those attending CE might want to pencil in a visit to this London event:

Star Wars? Anniversary Exhibition to open at
    County Hall, London ? 5th May

Continuing the Star Wars Saga?s year long 30th-anniversary celebration, UAU International and Weird and Wonderful in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd. present STAR WARS: THE EXHIBITION. Opening 5th May at the historic County Hall, Westminster, London through 1st September.

Check out the full press release here.

2. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Yeah, I saw the report as well. My brother and his g/f saw the same exhibition in Lissabon last year. He took some pictures with his cell phone, which unfortunately weren't of that good quality.

I might check it out, if time permits, when I'm in London. But CE comes first! [face_peace]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably go in May on a weekday (less crowds if the kiddies are in school). However I expect a return visit in July when Tim is over.

4. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    So Tim will be at CE as well?

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yep - he got his holiday sorted out so he is coming over for 2 weeks in July. Now I can finally order the CE tickets!

6. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Cool, another fellow collector to meet then :D.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    He doesn't really collect. He helps me collect!

8. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Wow, makes him fit very well in the HTF category, right? :p

On topic: ya think this is the same thing that was at the Smithsonian a while ago? Magic of Myth is what that's called.

9. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe some of the same items. There is another exhibition wrapping up in Los Angeles right now.
    I suspect that the items from the L.A exhibition are going to be displayed at C.IV., and later
    at C.E.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Apparently this exhibit has been (or is) in Lisbon. Some folks over on Rebelscum were talking about it in their Europe forum.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a reminder for those in or near London that this exhibit opens next weekend.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I went to see this today. It's worth making time for it while you are at CE. (It's expensive to get in though - £16.50 each. I didn't notice if they have special prices for kids/family tickets as I was on my own). I'll stick a link in here when I get my pics online. A Monday morning turned out to be a good choice for visiting - there were hardly any people. Easy to get pics!

Late edit:
    Here's some photos I took today. Apologies in advance for the flash - a lot of the exhibit was too dark to do without and some of the rooms were too small to get an angle where the flash wouldn't glare off of something. Also in the album is a pic I took of the life-size Animated Leia that Forbidden Planet have in their window. (This was for the folks in the Collecting forum).

13. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    It seems to be the same as Paris :_|

14. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Oh don't cry!! Think of those who didn't make it to Paris and can visit the xhibit now in London ;)
    But I feel your pain! ;) [:D]

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Seems to be the same as in Milan as well, I think it makes sense though that they have a "European" exhibit traveling around the continent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.