main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars Annual #2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    To be fair, Leia's initial hostility is basically the same as Emma Watson's in "This is the End."

She thinks her host is going to chop her up.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  2. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    The female character on the front cover of Annual 2.

Why am I seeing a young Diane Lane or at least Julia Stiles? Lol

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I haven't read this yet, but if everyone's giving Leia crap then I assume I'll probably approve of her.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Alas Leia actually complains the lady doesn't like her. Which is a shame as Bash really has good reason to dislike her.

5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I thought this was ok. I did not find Leia unlikeable at all but maybe that's cause I like Leia to be kinda rude. I thought the whole thing about those who don't want to pick a side could have been more directly a debate. There is a conversation here and there and lots of internal monologue but I really would have wanted more exploration of it. It is a filler issue (cause God forbid annuals be a big event issue anymore) with a good idea that gets kinda squandered in my mind. I REALLY REALLY LOVED Leia's speech it was perfect but it felt like it would have been better placed at the end of a massive arc or personal story not a filler issue.

6. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    She woke up in an unknown place and saw an unknown droid, how could she know it wasn't a kidnapping?

Jedi Princess and vncredleader like this.
  7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Poignant given the recent loss of Carrie Fisher. RIP (I haven't read it but I did find this image after seeing the "I would rather be a monster that believes in something, that would sacrifice everything to make the galaxy better, than be someone who sits on the sidelines and watches as if it has no consequences to them." quote at the top of Leia's Canon Wookieepedia page and wanted to know where it came from)

[​IMG]

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This one was ok- it started off a bit rough because it kinda felt "generic 90's DHC side story" in nature, particularly with Bash. But the eventual interactions with Leia played well, even if the resolution to things was predictable (though Leia was more hostile and uncooperative than usual at times like when hiding from troopers- she's usually more practical about things like this). The eventual focus onto a theme of "hope" seems like it was intended to make a las minute connection to Rogue One's themes but never really made it a core part of this issue's story, IMO.

Some fun lines though:

"I'll never fit in here!"
    "You will! You're insanely small!"

"You see it?"
    "No. I'm under a damn tarp."