main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Star Wars Antenna Balls Construction info.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is a thread I found on the Seattle Star Wars site. Apparently, one of their members found some Star Wars candy toppers at Target and decided to make Antenna balls out of them. Check out the thread, I think I am going to do this as well! The only problem is, deciding which one to make first, Vader, Jango, Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper... decisions... decisions...

Star Wars Antenna Balls

2. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    Are those candy topper things still available? Hopefully they are!

3. Eriwo_Jolon

Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    As luck would have it, I'm going to Target today. I'll look for them. That's a neat idea!

4. Eriwo_Jolon

May 27, 2002
    Yeah, I found them. They had tons at the Target I went to. They are in the candy section of the store. I got one of each, Vader, Clone Trooper, Stormtrooper and Jango(or is is it Boba?).

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    They didn't have that many at the Target on 4th Ave. in Chula Vista. I cleaned them out! I got one Clonetrooper, 3 Stormtroopers, 1 Vader, and one Jango Fett. I also bought the Black and Decker Wizard that the guy in Seattle bought to finish his off, and the foam insulation material. I probably won't start work on them till next week sometime. But they will be ready before our next meeting so I can show them off. :D

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Eriwo,

Which Target did you go to? If my antenna balls turn out good, I think I want to buy a lot more of them.

7. Eriwo_Jolon

May 27, 2002
    It's the Target at the Grossmont Center Mall. They probably had about 10 of each left after I got mine. Maybe not so many of the Clone Trooper though. If you go, the Candy section is on the lower level near the check out registers.

Edit: On second thought, it's probably more like 5 of each left. That's probably a little more accurate.

Edit2: Also, don't forget to ask if they have more in the back. They probably only put one box at a time out, I should think.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Here is a completed pic of what one looks like. I didn't make this one, someone in the SSWS did.

[image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/titan/gallery/gallery-vfrfl/images/VRFL_78.jpg]

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Donna I think was inquiring about the instructions to make the Star Wars antenna balls so I thought I would revive the thread. A lot of the links are not working though. I still have the tools to make these and the candy toppers, if some of you want to get together and just make a bunch of these at our next meeting.

10. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Thanks, MJF. I think my TRU has a bunch of these in the 99-cent bin. I'll check it out tomorrow, hopefully. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.