main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Exactly. Kasdan loves Han, he would not do this unless he was absolutely sure they will get it right. People are panicking way too soon IMO, the movie isn't even out for almost three years (assuming it's December 2018).

PymParticles likes this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Something tells me where not going to be happy with who they cast.....

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

It's somewhat predictable that Star Wars fans will find reasons to hate anything.

I'm hopeful that they can come up with a good plot - after TFA I've got faith that they have good people casting SW films post-GL.

4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    It'll be interesting to see if this Han Solo movie is made to stand on its own or if it will lead into a sequel or sideways into a Han appearance in another Anthology film. Could go either way. I mean, maybe there's a mid-credits sequence where he meets Lando and you see the Falcon for the first time so you know there's going to be a second film...Or maybe it'll be different...

Personally, I'm a little weary of the trilogy effect, so I kind of think a planned two-parter for young Han would be perfect, with him meeting Lando and getting the Falcon at the end of Part 1.

So many stories could be told about a 20-year-old Han Solo. If he's not in the Falcon at the beginning, what is he flying in? Maybe something old and beat up from the PT? Does he already know Chewie?

What do y'all think?

5. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    Taron Egerton or bust. As soon as I saw him with his slicked back hair, and he started to be witty towards the end of Kingsman I knew he was my top choice. He would nail it, but he probably isn't available due to him being the new Robin Hood.

Rodie, Darth_Pevra and Darth Nave like this.
  6. MovieMaster

MovieMaster Jedi Knight

May 12, 2013

I think that's exactly why this movie is happening - we're going to see the story of how he met Chewbacca, how he met Lando and won the Millennium Falcon. It's too good to pass up. Those won't be the main storylines, but rather sub-plots which feed into a grander one. I'd bet we even see him make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

My only worry is that it could turn into a "Han's greatest hits" fan-service movie, but I have faith in Kasdan and Lord&Miller, who are incredibly talented.

Black Leader likes this.
  7. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    That's just it. We already know Han wins the card game and takes the Falcon from Lando. We know he wins the Kessel Run. We know he does work for Jabba and that up until right before ANH, he's on Jabba's good side. There needs to be other things in it where the outcome is not as predictable.

Could we see Sana, from the comics?

How about Amandla Stenberg from Hunger Games if they are casting a Sana?

[​IMG]

8. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I would rather that we see Han Solo with the Millenium Falcon from the beginning. But If this does end up being a Two-Parter, and they show Han winning the Millenium Falcon from Lando at the end of Part 1; then they should have Han Solo make "make modifications himself"(off screen between Part 1 and 2) to Hot Rod the Falcon out. And Part 2 will have the Millenium Falcon being the Iconic ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. :cool:

Rodie likes this.
  9. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    It would actually be cool to see Han without the Falcon for a bit. It's not something we've seen. What was he like as a pilot before the MF? You know, it would be different at least, and then you get to show the moment where he gets it on screen.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I suppose so.But if they do show what Han Solo was flying around in before the Falcon, I hope it isn't a real junk heap. :p

11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Rewatching Kingsman, I still think that Taron Edgerton could make for a good young Han, IF he could tone down his accent.

As for the MF, part of me wants to actually see the Kessel Run in all of its glory (given that they keep bringing it up). But another part of me isn't sure since, well I'm not sure if they could make it nearly as cool as it's been built up to be.

Darth Nave likes this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Kathleen said all anthology films are one offs and not setting up sequels or whatever. Of course it doesn't mean there will not be a sequel, but as it stands now this Han Solo film is a one time thing.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I kind of think the boba fett movie could end up being a sequel of sorts.

14. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    If it does well-enough, then I think that they'd at least consider doing a follow-up at some point. And us knowing next to nothing about Han's backstory (aside from him having been a smuggler who got into to debt to Jabba the Hutt), gives them quite a bit of leeway for that.

15. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I would suspect Lando to be the owner of the Falcon in this film.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Well he doesn't have it anymore as of the Rebels timeline, which is set five years pre-ANH. So the movie would have to be set before that, in that case.

17. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I think it should be set way more than 5 years before ANH. I think it would be crazy to have a different actor playing Han anywhere close to Han's age in ANH. Maybe someone else has the Canon answer to this: How old is Han in ANH? I always thought he was about 30, and Luke and Leia were about 18.

If Han is 30 in ANH, they should be writing this Han Solo movie to follow his exploits a decade before. So I want to see an actor who can play Han at 19 or 20.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think I read he's either 29 or 30. Luke and Leia are 19.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Pretty much. The guy who gets the role will have to prove himself, leading right up to opening day.

20. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I see Han being in his late teens to early 20's in this film.

-Luke, Leia, and Rey were all around 19/20 when we were introduced to them.
    -IDK how old Obi Wan is meant to be in TPM, but he didn't look that much older.

So Han being in the 20-25 year old range could probably work.

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have a feeling the Han Solo casting reactions could be just as entertaining as the Ben Affleck as Batman casting reactions.

chris hayes and PymParticles like this.
  22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'd like them to set out with a standalone movie first of all, rather than set out or make a trilogy. If it leads to sequels then great. I mainly say that because it's such a big ask for someone to step into Harrisons shoes and it make not work straight off.

Is all the previous Han backstory now non-canon? If so what does that leave for them to possibly depict? Meeting Lando, getting the falcon, meeting chewie, working for jabba, the kessel run. Is there anything else? But really that's not much stuff and also over what time period will those events take place? Will they try to shoehorn them all in?

23. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I think that he and Lando will probably already know each by the time that this movie takes place, and that he'll have done at least a few jobs for Jabba.

24. Admiral Ridu

Admiral Ridu Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2016
    Tye Sheridan would be perfect.

Rodie likes this.
  25. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Whoever they cast, I'll trust the guys who made me like Channing Tatum and turned what should have been a 90 minute toy advert into one of the funniest and most inventive movies of the decade so far.