main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Armies! --- Game ON ... SIGN UP now

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by 21st, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Welcome to Star Wars Armies v.1.0!! This is the first ever game of it so whatever happens here will determine its future. Armies is a battle strategy game with no luck and high diplomacy.

Gameplay:

Players: There's me, the GM, which all orders are PMed to and who will keep track of the game, and you, the players (or Commanders if you want to feel special!) who are the ones controlling the armies and killing the other players. We need at least 4 people to play, and the maximum is 8.

Objective: To control 8 of the 16 planets (there are always x2 the number of planets to players). You control a planet when you have armies there and no one else does.

The game works by going through four phases, three of which you then repeat. Each phase lasts for a maximum of 24 hours.

Phase 1, Placement: Each player starts off with 100 armies which they can place anywhere. You PM me where you want to put your armies
    (they can go to different places). This will make some planets have mass armies from three different planets and some planets have no armies.
    Any planet that has multiple different armies on it or no armies is considered uncontrolled.

Phase 2, Combat: In combat you make as many kills as half your units, rounded up. So if you have 20 units you can make ten kills. All
    armies attack at the same time which means you get to make the kills for all your units, even the ones who died. Example: the Rebels have 10
    units on Hoth while the Empire has 20. Half of 20 is 10 which means that the Empire makes 10 kills on the rebels making them obliterated on
    Hoth. The Rebels still make 5 kills though (half of 10) bringing the Empire down to 15.

Overkill: If you are fighting and you have kills leftover then the extras are used to prevent kills. Example: On Felucia the Republic
    has 30 units while the CIS has 10. The Republic kills all CIS units and has 5 kills left over which are then used to prevent kills. Since the
    CIS only makes 5 kills the Republic wins the battle unharmed. Note that you can choose not to use some of your kills so you can have a better
    defense.

3 or more armies on one planet: With a bunch of people fighting each other on the same planet they choose who they kill. Everyone PMs
    me their battle plans of where their kills go. Example: On Endor the Rebels have 20 units, the Empire has 20 units and the Pirates have 10.
    The Rebels orders are to kill 10 pirates. The Empire's orders are to kill 10 Pirates. The Pirates' orders are to kill 5 Rebels. This would
    make the Pirates dead, The Rebels at 15 and the Empire still at 20. Note that the Empire and the Rebels get no overkill bonus even though 20
    kills were made on ten units.

Phase 3, Reinforcements: Everyone gets 20 more units which you can place anywhere (written in a PM).

Phase 4, Movement: In this phase you can move any armies from any planets to any other planet(s). However, it takes 2 turns to get
    there. So if in your PM you say you move 20 units from Utapau to Kashyyyk, then they will leave Utapau this turn, sit in Hyperspace, and
    arrive during the movement phase of next turn. Note that it cannot move in the turn it arrives.

After that you repeat phases 2, 3, and 4 over and over again until someone wins.

Diplomacy: Diplomacy is highly recommended for the game and it makes Armies much more interesting. You may transfer any out-of-game grudges and alliances to Armies. Feel free to make and break alliances and treaties, just remember that there will be consequences from the other players when you don't keep your word. They'll likely band together to destroy you. [face_devil]

Courtesy: Each phase will last 24 hours (or less if everyone happens to be in the same place at the same time). If you don't get your orders in during the time limit then you do and get nothing. You might not move, or get reinforcements, or even attack. You do not want

2. crash_slayer

crash_slayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2005
    Sign-up!

1.The Internet Ninjas

I'll play as long as there are no gamebans.

3. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Don't worry, I haven't even thought of doing that. Welcome aboard [:D]

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Wow wounds a lot like the Rebellion/Supremacy video game, from the bit I read. I'll give it a another read through and probably sign up. Sounds good though.

5. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Never heard of that game.... I have to say though that the game I based this off the most is a board game called Diplomacy.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Excellent stuff, 21st. ;) :)

7. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    *bows graciously* Nothing but the best ;)

* [face_laugh] *

But seriously, thanks for letting me start it :)

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    1.The Internet Ninjas
    2. Neliel Tu Oderschvank & The Great Desert Brothers

9. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    1.The Internet Ninjas
    3. Anonyomus...Internet Hate Machine

10. tulakhordpwns

tulakhordpwns Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2007
    1.The Internet Ninjas
    4. The Meat Eating Orchids

11. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    *watches happily as people join* :D

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    1. The Internet Ninjas
    5. Team 'Were are we again?'

13. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    1. The Internet Ninjas
    6. Armies of Doom

Eh, why not?

14. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    1. The Internet Ninjas
    6. Armies of Doom
    7. Light of Deliverance

I concur Kiwi, why not?

15. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    1. The Internet Ninjas
    6. Armies of Doom
    7. Light of Deliverance
    8. 327th Legion

16. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Frick....

Any chance for more than 8 players? If so put me down.

17. CanadianRogue

CanadianRogue Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    Excellent, let's get the game started then.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Glad this is ready to go!!

19. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Sorry, SWbob, there will just be too many players. You should stay posted, check out the game, comment (they're always great), and maybe if someone drops you can take they're place. I'll keep you posted.

One thing I forgot to mention ( :oops: ) that I just now thought of is that I don't care if your allies and enemies are determined by out-of-game things. It'll make the game's diplomacy aspect move much faster.

Planets:

Bespin
    Courascant
    Dagobah
    Dantooine
    Endor
    Felucia
    Geonosis
    Hoth
    Kamino
    Kashyyyk
    Mustafar
    Mygeeto
    Naboo
    Tatooine
    Utapau
    Yavin 4

Send in your start positions as quickly as possible. :D

20. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Numbers in.

21. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    And you're the first one! Congrats! Give yourself a pat on the back, it can go a long way to winning a war :D

22. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    [Incoming Message]

[...downloading...]

[message received]

[Begining Transmission]

[327 Office of Foreign Affairs Galactic Proclamation]

[i]Today [b]Lord-Commandant Aragorn[/b] of the [b]327th Legion[/b] deployed his glorious military forces out into the galaxy. He has become the first sovereignty to do so.

So, he has directed the [b]Office of Foreign Affairs[/b] to make the following announcement:

Planetary scanning will soon reveal the headquarters of the [b]327th[/b]. This planet is solely the 327th's ground. Any hostile forces will be wiped out without hesitation. However, the [b]327th[/b] is a legion of honor, and are making an offer.

Any opposing government is welcome to sign the [b]Galactic Soverign Borders Protocol[/b] treaty. The treaty allows for each government to lay claim to a single planet as a base of operations. Signatories pledge to recognize the sovereignty of the planets, and make no attacks against the owners of said planet on said planet. Obviously, individuals may allow allied forces to land, should they wish. Should signatories have the troops free in times of incursion on a fellow signatory's soil, they will agree to consider supporting wipe out the invader, and then withdrawing. Such action is not mandated by signing, however.

Amendments may be considered by signatory states to the treaty should this prove necessary.

Signitories:
    - [/i][b]Lord-Commandant Aragorn of the 327th Legion[/b][i]
    [/i]

[/end message]

23. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
  24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I have my armies in.

25. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Four in. And nice job Aragorn. Excellent message, bringing a little bit of the senate in to this. I'm very glad you're playing, this is going to be sweet. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.