main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Star Wars arrives in Kansas

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GlennB, Aug 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlennB

GlennB Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 1999
    I know that I'm a few days late with this post, but...it has fianlly arrived! From The Official Kansas Cosmosphere website - www.cosmos.org:

Star Wars: Art of the Starfighter
    Star Wars: Art of the Starfighter will be on display at the Cosmosphere August 4 through September 16. The exhibit, which had a limited preview from April to June at the Smithsonian's Arts and Industries Building in Washington, DC, begins its four-year national tour at the Cosmosphere.

The centerpiece of the exhibit is a full-scale, 35-foot Naboo Starfighter used in the making of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Star Wars: Art of the Starfighter also features two interactive games. Educational activities from Lucas Learning will be available for children, while young adults can sample the new Sony PlayStation 2 game from LucasArts Entertainment Company-Star Wars Starfighter.
    Star Wars: Art of the Starfighter was organized by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) and Smithsonian Affiliations, in conjunction with Lucasfilm Ltd.

The Star Wars exhibit is free with a paid Hall of Space Museum ticket. Museum admission is $5.50 for adults and $5 for seniors (60+) and children (12 & under).

Be sure to plan your trips soon!

Qui-Gon Glenn

2. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    So where exactly is this Cosmosphere?

3. GlennB

GlennB Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 1999
    1100 N. Plum Hutchinson, Kansas 67501

Open every day except Christmas.
    9:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday - Saturday
    noon to 9:00 pm Sunday

I'm beginning to sound like an add for The Kansas Cosmoshere!

Qui-Gon Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.