main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars as a TV series? 2.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jedi_Noghri, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    This was a thread way back when I joined the fanforce and there have been many many a rumors about the possability of a Star Wars TV series.

DID ANYONE RECORD ACCESS HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT???

Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn that at the end of the interview with George Lucas, he was asked if he will be working on any TV series' and Lucas said there would be "several". As if reading my mind, the reporter decided to clarify by asking if they would be Star Wars based and Lucas said "Yes."

Did anyone else watch it or did I just imagine the whole thing?

*runs off to check the Internet for confirmation*

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    dang it, I missed it but I have heard rumors about hime making a TV series.

3. mtmaccormack

mtmaccormack Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Yes I saw that - he did say several were in the works. My guess would be one animated (maybe further clone wars?) and one live action, probably set between episode III and IV. Myself I would love to see a live action series set after VI.

4. LordTater

LordTater Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    I found this article

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/article.php?Article=535

It doesn't explain much, but it does indeed point out that there could be a series coming out fall 2006.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, cool, finally something to watch on tv...

6. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Now, I heard a rumor about a potential plot line. If it's true, I'm happy, otherwise we need to do something to make it true.

After ROTJ, Luke has started the New Jedi Order, and the Jedi Knights have stumbled upon an archive of holocrons. Each one from a different time era. As the New Jedi Order investigates lost skills and powers, they face challenges in their own time, but also the different Jedi who created the many Holocrons can tell their stories, taking entire episodes back thousands of years before the movies.

I think a series like that has infinite potential.

7. WINDSTORM

WINDSTORM Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2004
    well here is what we learned at the celebration.

The clone wars cartoons are turning into half hour 3d animation cartoons.

The live action tv show will take place between episodes 3 and 4 and will follow a spin off character. Amy Allen (alaya secura) has voiced that is in talks with Lucas.

As well, the first season will be filmed at the same time and will most likely take place over seas in Australia and/or Europe.

8. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Lucas also mentioned that he and Warwick Davis have talked about maybe turning Willow into a TV series.

9. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    WELL....if you were at CIII and had a chance to hear George speak you would know that he announced that (in addition to the Willow series) he annouced that there will be a cartoon show (3D model based) and possibly a live action series as well based on some of the side characters from the PT.
    Can I just say how COOL C3 WAS!!!!!?? And how AWESOME George Lucas is and how great he is and just how much fun it was to see him speak!!! w00t!!!!

EDIT::
    I found something that helps to confirm my statement. clicky

10. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    w00t indeed. I had a blast. Sunday after we got back to our hotel room around 4PM, I guess the exhaustion caught up to us and we crashed until 1AM, channel surfed until 3AM and then slept until 8:30ish. Needless to say it was a much needed rest.

I also heard that stuff and can't express how excited I am to see how those shows will turn out. All I know is that the Live action show wont touch any of the Skywalker story or the main characters from the movies.

11. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    * 100 episodes
    * 1 hour each
    * based on a spinoff character
    * Lucas will direct first season
    * write season one at one time
    * film season one at one time
    * takes place between ROTS and ANH

That's awesome Erin, I get all tingly just thinking about it.... in a manly sort of way.

Has anyone heard any rumors about who the spinoff character or characters may be? Any hopes or theories of any possible characters? Or is there anyone who is against the idea of a TV series?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.