Star Wars as seen by droids

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Sep 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry?

I didn't exactly type to you in Ukrainian, did I? :)
  2. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
  3. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I did. Every single word.

Bubba's opinion--Droids 1-4 (100 BBY) Droids 5-8 (O BBY)
  5. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    10 characters or less
  6. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    The Dark Horse timeline usually says 10-5 years BSW4 on the Droids comics. Here's how I see it...

10 BSW4 - "The Great Heap" TV special
    9 BSW4 - Droids cartoon arc 1
    8 BSW4 - Droids cartoon arc 2
    7 BSW4 - Droids cartoon arc 3
    6 BSW4 - Droids - The Kalarba Adventures
    5 BSW4 - Droids Rebellion
    4 BSW4 - Droids - Season of Revolt
    3 BSW4 - Droids - The Protocol Offensive
    2 - 0 BSW4 - Droids Marvel/Star comics

You can rearrange any continuity issues, such as IG-88 or the Max Rebo band. No definetive dates are set as to when they came into existence. ( I realize that Evar Orbus was with the band for a time, at the start of "The Band's Tale" in Tales from Jabba's Palace, but believe it or not, that opening scene begins sometime between ANH and ESB, as their first time at the palace, Han is frozen in carbonite. Due to various other sources saying the status of the band and it's galaxywide touring schedule prior to ESB( Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley ), I think that Orbus joined them after ANH for whatever reason, then he kicked the bucket later on. Okay...that's all very confusing I know, but I take notes on this stuff when I read my comics and novels... )
  8. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    ok im assuming Arc is the cartoon series right?
  9. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    so the catoon is -10 Dark horse is -5 and Marvel is 0
  10. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
  11. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
  12. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I thought IG-88 was built at five years before Yavin?
  13. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    The dating is hinged entirely on ZeeZee's appearance in Droids: Rebellion.

Rebel Dawn starts at 3 years BSW4, and at the beginning of the book, Zee Zee has only been living with Solo for a few months. Obviously, this means that either Droids: Rebellion either takes place soon before Rebel Dawn, or within that 5 month period after the book starts, before Solo leaves for the Corporate Sector. I chose to set it in the latter, after RD starts. Follow? bottom line, there's only a 7 - 6 month period in which Droids: Rebellion can take place.

Now that we know the placement of Rebellion, we can place the rest of the Dark Horse series.
    - The Kalarbra Adventures spans a few months, and takes place just before Rebellion.
    - Season of Revolt takes place just after Rebellion.
    - The Protocal Offensive takes place 2 months after SoR, according to Dan Wallace's 3PO and R2 book.

Ok, now that we know where the Dark Horse series takes place, we can begin to date the Droids cartoon. Dan Wallace's book says it takes place BEFORE the DH comics...that's a good starting place. Now, obviously the IG-88 story takes place before both the cartoon, and the comic books, since the bounty hunter appears in both sources. We can't date the cartoon based on that, as the short story doesn't give any concrete dating information.

What we can date it on, is Boba Fett's appearance. He appears in episode 4. We find out at the end of the episode, that he is working for Jabba the Hutt, and in the end, delivers the Fromm Gang to the gangster.

Now we work backwards.

In the novel "The Hutt Gambit", we actually witness Jabba and Boba Fett's first face to face meeting. One can date that scene, by starting the Hutt Gambit at exactly 5 years BSW4, and then working towards it. By my calculatons, it takes place 3 years, 4 months BSW4. Therefore, the cartoon takes place anytime betweeen that point, and the point where we've placed the Droids comic series.

Now the marvel series:

The Marvel Droids series takes place BEFORE the Cartoon series, based upon an appearance by the Fromm Gang in issue 2. Issue 5 says that it is set during the Empire. Issue 4 says that the rest of the series takes place 100 years before the Ewok cartoon. Bacially, issue 1 - 4 take place 97 years BSW4, issue 5 takes place 5 - 4 years BSW4.

Ok, Im sure I confused a lot of you, but that's my placement.

15. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    right....but Marvel droids takes place after the DH and the cartoons, they are the Year of ANH.
  16. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
  17. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Where did you get this info?
    Have you read the comics?
  19. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    OK convert the other post you made and simply say when each one takes place.
  20. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here you go.

Anyway, before pretending you know more than I do about this, I'll let you know why it can't take place a mere year before A New Hope. Believe me, a year and a half ago, i would have been on your side of this argument.

But Dan Wallace and I had a debate about this. I thought that because of the Max Rebo Band's appearance in episode 5 of the cartoon, the series had to take place within a year

(the cartoon has Max Rebo in it. Tales from Jabba's Palace says that the band has only been together for 6 months. Therefor the cartoon takes place during those 6 months before the short story. However, he pointed out that that short story was intended to take place only a month or so before Return of the Jedi. The fact that we can pull the events of that story 4 years, means we can probably pull it even further, so it can take place at any point we wish it to.)

4.3 years BSW4
    Droids Marvel # 5
    3.3 years BSW4
    Droids cartoon episodes 1 - 4
    3.2 years BSW4
    Droids cartoon episodes 5 - 9
    3.1 years BSW4
    Droids Cartoon: The Great Heep
    Droids Cartoon episodes 10 - 13
    2.6 years BSW4
    Droids: The Kalarba Adventures (0 - 1)
    2.4 years BSW4
    Droids: The Kalarba Adventures (2 - 6)
    Droids: Rebellion
    Droids: Season of Revolt
    2.2 years BSW4
    The protocol Offensive
  21. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmm...I don't remember Zee Zee being in Rebellion.

Mavrick, you're dating for the Marvel Star series can work, because Annoo-dat live for quite a long time. Sise Fromm is nine hundred years old, and Tig Fromm is "younger," so I guess he could only be a few centuries old.
  22. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    "Hmmmm...I don't remember Zee Zee being in Rebellion. "

Yeah, he's got a small cameo.

"Mavrick, you're dating for the Marvel Star series can work, because Annoo-dat live for quite a long time. Sise Fromm is nine hundred years old, and Tig Fromm is "younger," so I guess he could only be a few centuries old. "

I didn't know that, that's excellent.Where did you learn this from?
  23. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The cartoon, actually. Over the communications link, Tig tried calming his father down. Along these lines he said: "Dad, you're 900 years old. It's not good for you." So there you have your locked date.
  24. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yes all of this sounds reasonable. What species are the fromms by the way?

Sadly I never got to see all the cartoons.
  25. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Fromms (and Vlix), are part of the Annoo-dat species. As far as I can remember--which is pretty far--the Annoo-dat were featured in the Essential Guide to Alien Species.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.