Star Wars as seen by droids

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Sep 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    what is "season of revolt?

i dont see it at www.darkhorse.com/products/zones/z_starwars/zp_series/bc_swdr/index.html
  2. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Thanks bubba.

As for my oppinion I think that star wars according to droids is one of Threepio's fancy exaggerated stories of what happened to them years before, to entertain somebody. Maybe the ewoks, maybe the solo children.
  3. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Dark Horse released a whole series of Droids comics.

The first bunch, along with a couple extras, was released as The Kalarba Adventures. The next four in the series are known as Rebellion, and the final four are Season of Revolt, which was never made into a TPB in the US. Wrapping up the whole thing is The Protocol Offensive, a 48-page one shot unrelated to the rest of the series (in fact, the word Droids isn't even on the cover.)
  4. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Although Protocal Offensive does make reference to the other Droids comics.
  5. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Any time, Valiento. :D
  6. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    Still what is season of revolt.
  7. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a mini series...issues 5 - 8 of the comic series.
  8. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    5-8 of marvel or darkhorse?
  9. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
  10. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    >As for my oppinion I think that star wars >according to droids is one of Threepio's >fancy exaggerated stories of what happened >to them years before, to entertain >somebody. Maybe the ewoks, maybe the solo >children.

I agree with Valiento. In fact, can we write off the entire Marvel Star comic series that way? Having Threepio and Artoo meet up before TPM is stretching the believability just a tad. :D Also, it makes no sense for them to have met the Ewoks before ROTJ.

TC
  11. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Somehow, I like the idea of them meeting twice. Heck, their adventures were so worthless, Threepio would've been trashed, and Artoo would get a memory wipe, so they wouldn't have missed much. :)
  12. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Droids/Ewoks crossover also explains why it is that the EWoks' messiah is a golden god and will one day return. 3PO himself started the legend himself completely accidentally.
  13. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    >The Droids/Ewoks crossover also explains why it is that the EWoks' messiah is a golden god and >will one day return. 3PO himself started the legend himself completely accidentally.

...which is contradicted by some role-playing thing or another. Lets just dump them out the nearest air-lock, ok? :D

TC
  14. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    even if there's a contradiction it's still listed as part of continuity.

Kind of like the 3 versions of how artoo came to be bought by the lars family. or other such things.
  15. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, the RPG explanation and the Marvel series explanation can work hand in hand.
  16. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How can it? In Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, in which it mention the Golden One prophecy, the Ewoks started the prophecy 1000 BBY, 900 years before "Lost in Time Part I." Something ain't right.
  17. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "How can it? In Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, in which it mention the Golden One prophecy, the Ewoks started the prophecy 1000 BBY, 900 years before "Lost in Time Part I." Something ain't right."

1000 years before they created the Golden One Demon's prophecy.

Lost in time, is rewriting of there prophecy to a positive note,rather than negative.
  18. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So you mean the first prophecy is negative, because the Golden One will lead the Ewoks into a holy war? I can't see why Lost in Time would change that. The Battle of Endor is more or less a holy war against the invading Imperials, I think. Where in it did it talk about demons?
  19. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's hardly a holy war. The Ewoks just want to repell a bunch of unwanted invaders.

I can't find the reference to the Golden God prophesy being 1000 years old anywhere, and in none of the sourcebooks. Where did you get that date?
  20. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    the demons was my trying to fix, what the ewoks say in lost in time. They talk about Demons coming from outer space. In some religions Demons/Gods are a fine line.
  21. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, in the Galaxy Guide, I thought it just said Golden One. Are there two prophecies for a demon and god to come from space?

Mavrick, TimeTales had a locked date for 1,000. I don't know where they got it, but that's what it is.
  22. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    It might just be their conjecture, in which case, it's fan fiction, and doesn't contradict anything.
  23. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It didn't say it was conjecture. It looked like a firm, secure date to me.
  24. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Just out of curiosity, what are the three different versions of how Artoo came to be bought by the Lars family? Skippy doesn't count. ;)

TC
  25. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yes, databanks lists skippy here's what they say:

"According to the National Public Radio Dramatization of Star Wars, R2-D2 sabotaged R5-D4's motivator to ensure that it would break down. Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, a roleplaying game supplement, states that R5-D4 blew his own motivator so that Artoo and Threepio would not be separated. In Star Wars Tales, R5-D4 is actually a great forgotten Jedi named Skippy.

You decide."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.