main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh Invites you to our 2nd Annual day at Kennywood park!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    The PITT-Kennywood Day this year is scheduled for Sunday, August 1, 2004. Ride-all-day ticket with an all you can eat meal and drinks is $21.00 this year. (Up $1 from last, but a $40.00 value). You must be either a student, faculty or staff wih a valid ID to purchase tickets. (I mention PITT because I'm an employee for the University and will get these tickets. I'm unlimited in the amount I can get, so we'd like to invite you folks to come down and have fun on the rides with us. Games and other refreshment are fairly cheap at Kennywood so you won't be spending a bundle down here.)

Tickets will go on sale, Friday, May 28, 2004. The meal will consist of burgers, hot sausage, barbequed chicken, pasta salad, baked beans, potato salad fruit and drinks - all you can eat and drink. Meal will be served from 12:00 pm until 2:30 pm and drinks will be available from 11:00 am until 3:30 pm.

This offering will only be available for the first 2,000. Tickets at
    $21.00 valid only for August 1, 2004 (lock-in-date).

As per usual, I will buy the tickets. When you know your going for sure, let me know. I will need the money first to buy your ticket(s). We can arrange how to get it to me later. Most just gave me their money at meetings. In the case of you folks, I would need to get a money order (no checks, credit cards or cash please) to me no later than the 17th of July, but the longer you wait the better chance they may sell out of tickets-though last year was the first year they didn't. I'll either hold your ticket for you or can send it through th mail. Though it would be easier if I held onto it. In the event that you purchase a ticket and then can;t come i can't get you money back from PITT, but if you allow me to hold onto the tickets then I MIGHT be able to sell them at the gate on the day of. (You folks know me and I hope that you can trust that I'm a straight up guy and am not looking to mess anyone over here)

Okay folks, so now you can plan for this. We had a great time last summer! Hope you can join us!

here's the link on our boards for this:

http://boards.theforce.net/Pittsburgh,_PA/b10105/15691311/?17

Kennywood park is one of if not the oldest Amusement parks with wooden rollercoasters in it. It's not huge, but a good middle sized amusement park. The lines a never TOO long and the prices are low for games, food and refreshment. So it won't break your "pocketbook". heh heh (couldn't resist the Dexter quote-think comicon...

-Sal

2. MistressDragonFox

MistressDragonFox Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2004
    We should def. do this! I can get there for this, if not a carpool, then my parents, because we go every year. It would be a lot of fun and a good way for me to stick Fettish on big coasters and make her wet herself!

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    HA HA!

BTW, I forgot to mention that we (Pittsburgh FF) also kindof use this day as a recruitment day for the group. Since this is the University of Pittsburgh's day, there will be alot of kids in the right "demographic" to possibly join us. and who knows there might even be some fellow WV folks for your group!

We wear our club t-shirts and I'm asking should any of you come to please wear your club shirts. It'll look cool plus for everyone else they'll know where your from.

I've invited Cleveland and D.C.'s FF for this as well, so hopefully we'll get a nice turn-out.

-Sal

4. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    ..............I do not ride carnival rides. They make me ill. But I will enjoy being around everyone else and perhaps doing some of the more tame activities...

-Fettish

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh! It's too bad we live so far apart (about 5-6 hours). This sounds like fun! But I'm sure we'll get to hang out again some at CIII.

I visited Kennywood Park's website and I found it amusing that it has a rollercoaster named Jack Rabbit as it's historical rollercoaster. Seabreeze Park (which is Rochester's local amusement part) also has a rollercoaster named the Jack Rabbit.

Hope you guys have fun and can snag some new members!

Doc_Bev

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Doc_Bev, I was going to send this along to you folks as well, just hadn't got to it yet. Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it.

It was a BLAST last year.
    Now with the possibility of it being a multi FF event it's going to just be that much more fun.

7. MistressDragonFox

Apr 19, 2004
    ~Smiles...
    the Jackrabbit... an easy coaster for me to stick poor unsuspecting Fettish on without her actually seeing the track.. Mahahahaha... I did it to my mom... She tried to kill me :) . Anyway, if we all went, we could get a shelter and make a picnic out of it. Kennywood's very reasonable, and is a lot of fun for ppl who don't like major thrill rides.

8. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I will ride just about any ride they have there. There are only a few that I have been on once and that was all I really need :)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

9. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I actually become physically ill on some rides...it's not at all pretty. Plus I have a MAJOR fear of heights. So if you don't want puked on or screamed at, I suggest you leave me to the paddle boats and Noah's Ark funhouse... LOL!!!

-Fettish :p

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    MistressDragonFox, check my first post on this and you'll see that it's already a picnic. I get these tickets through the University of Pittsburgh. They have the HUGE pavilion reserved efvery year at the park and serve an all-you-can-eat and drink luncheon. (Check first post for times)

That's INCLUDED in the cost of this!

So, there's no need to rent a pavilion, that's already taken cared of. Also, there will be free raffles for door prizes. last year, one of our members one a giant sized Sponge Bob that we quickly adopted into our group, renaming him, "Sponge Bob Jinn".

So if you needed any more incentive, you've got it...

Now who's comin'??? heh heh
    Remember we'll be meeting 1/2 hour before the park opens.

-Sal

11. MistressDragonFox

Apr 19, 2004
    Heck, when our church did it, we had to pay for all :( . Sorry, I read fast (skimming, I should be doing my A+ Computer Software work). Count me in as long as I don't have Cheering practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.