main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars at D23 Expo 2015

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    D23 is only two weeks before Force Friday. There are no other events planned between the two.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it's actually more like a day shy of 3 weeks.;)
    did not mean more events either way, meant in terms of official news.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My boyfriend and I were discussing D23 today and he brought up the point that the only major thing we haven't gotten anything of is music. So maybe they'll give us a bit of that? I would have expected that they would have done it at the concert at SDCC, but it could be possible that they were hanging on to it. (This is all of course, pure speculation on my part.)

I don't think we'll get another trailer, it's probably too soon for the big one and I doubt they'll do another teaser. I also think a poster is a big possibility, though that may wait for Force Friday.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  4. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Interesting to note that a large merchandise launch without some sort of supportive media would be odd. Very odd indeed.

Satipo and ManaByte like this.
  5. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

The first Age of Ultron trailer (NOT teaser, the first teaser was six months prior to release) was released four months prior to release. The second trailer was released two months before release (and was really just a longer edit for the first trailer). Disney has said they want to follow the Marvel model for marketing:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-cfo-expect-star-wars-731881

If that's still true they could do one trailer four months out and then another one in October/November.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Didn't AoU only get one teaser though? I honestly don't remember. I would love to be wrong, I'd be super happy to have two more trailers, which I think is what would happen if they did release one soon. I can't imagine they wouldn't release a new one only a month or two out.

There also maybe TV spots, I don't know how that effects how many trailers they may want to do.

I still feel like music is the one big thing we haven't gotten and may be the big thing at D23. It is possible it could be in a trailer.
    I also think they'll be giving some time to Rogue One in this pannel.

7. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    Does anyone know when the trailers were released for Jurassic World? The marketing obviously worked extremely well for that film, so hopefully Star Wars will do something similar.

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Age of Ultron had:

Trailer 1/Teaser (which was more like a full trailer and was over 2 minutes): October, 2014 (7 months before release)
    Extended Trailer 1/Teaser: November, 2014 (6 months)
    Trailer 2: January 2015 (4 months)
    Trailer 3: March 2015 (2 months)

mavjade likes this.
  9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    First trailer at D23 and second during October would be perfect.

10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I stand corrected about Hunger games 3.

There were 2 promo teases in July (4 months)

There was a major trailer in September (2 months)

And the final trailer in October (1 month)

If we consider the first teaser for TFA to be like an announcement teaser (even though it had flash scenes), then we've only really had one teaser. I'd equate that to the first AOU teaser, even though the AOU showed more dialogue and story.

That being said, it DOES make sense for them to have a trailer for TFA ready sometime betweeen D23 and September 4. Spin of a wheel when, but I'd assume it was almost certain...likely at one end or the other and not between.

Then the last major trailer should come late October/early November. Seems like the best timeline. Get trailers rolling big time with Spectre and Mockingjay 2. Then push the HELL out of the movie starting with the specials that begin during Thanksgiving week. Knock it out of the park during Macy's Day Parade and Thanksgiving Day football.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  12. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so SW in general, so Rogue One is in play as predicted.
    and they could show footage or a trailer that could be exclusive to D23 which something I've been saying for the last week.

14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    But what about Beauty and the Beast!?!?! :mad:

This is gunna be a long two weeks I can just tell.

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    People keep clammering about how excited they are for Rogue One details. I understand the excitement, but we DO have a major movie coming out in 4 1/2 months first.

El_Machete12, Revanfan1 and Krueger like this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Too true. I assume that Rogue One might get one or two mentions, but I think it will mostly be about TFA. I also assume that RO will have a fairly meaty presence at next year's SDCC.

El_Machete12 and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's really going to suck if anything shown is exclusive, if that is the case hopefully they reveal something anything else to make up for it.;)

18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Isn't the live action panel only 2 hours? That's a short period of time for all they have scheduled,don't you all agree?

Or would you all say that this Alan Horn announcement is encouraging for a possible TFA trailer?

I'm thinking if they DO show something and it remains exclusive, we'll most definitely see it online within the following week or two.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the trend of them releasing anything shown almost immediately will continue.

20. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

2 hours is more than enough time. The Disney stuff goes fast. Two years ago it was enough time for Marvel to show footage for Thor 2, Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Krueger likes this.
  21. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes. Two hours is actually a very long time.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  22. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Pink castles, Mrs Potts, a mouse with big ears, I think I will give this stuff a miss. I'll get back in touch if there is anything specifics or anything interesting.....

23. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I am outraged Marvel and Star Wars after Alice and the Jungl Book no on likes live action cartoons or at least its not showing up at the Box Office.

24. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    All their live-action remakes and reboots of their animated films have done pretty well indeed. One even reached a billion.

El_Machete12 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  25. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Only Cinderella did well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.