main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars at MSI Chicago November 4, 2007

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rogue4809, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Uh, I had tickets for today, and visited the exhibit.

Model makers and costumers will be amazed.

Bring your camera's. There seemed to be no restrictions
    for taking pictures.

also,

In addition to the special section set that requires a
    ticket for Star Wars, there is also a Millineum Falcon
    cockpit set up that is free, but has a wait in line
    system to gain access.

You should do all that you can to try and see this.

I thought it was well worth it.

.......and yes, I am planing to go again:)

2. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    A number of us have been costuming the openings a parties celebrating the exhibit, so I will ask if the rest of you can attend in costume. There was absolutely no problem for the Jedi Assembly people when we went to see it in Columbus, where, in fact, we were given very preferential treatment. The policy there was "no photos," which wasn't really enforced for us. I will also ask about what the MSI's policy is on this issue.
    I am sure that neither of the above will be any problem. There is a new batch of younger people in charge at the museum now, and they really seem open to anything that smacks of fun.
    Forescore and seven Forces be with you,
    Liobiwan

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    [image=http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSI%2010-5-07/100_2975.jpg]

We opened it with a bang yesterday...

Lionel, Doc4converse, JediGeek, Musictrooper and I were among the folks down there...

more photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSI%2010-5-07/?start=20

passes were issued to our costumed participants..but when they went to see the exhibit....were told that the exhibit was sold out....
    I am assuming they saved their passes for another time...

I am going to go at some point probably in November and go during the day and during the week when it is least crowded and enjoy it.
    I went to Columbus with Lionel and the rest of The Jedi Assembly last year...the exhibit is awesome!

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I just bought my ticket for November 4 at 1:00 P.M. There are 18 left for that timeslot.

Phil

5. Rogue4809

Rogue4809 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
  6. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    About those ticket times.....

well, I got my tickets for the first thing Friday (9:30-am) on the internet.

and well

at the time (2:30-pm) when I went to use them,
    People with passes were being told that their passes
    could not be used because the exhibit was sold out.

I just used my 9:30-am tickets around 2:30, and was prossed
    into the exhibit without a word, cause there was no line
    and it was not crowded.

Perhaps the MSI officials were watching too many C3 videos[face_laugh]

7. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Plans have changed (airline tickets are expensive), so my daughter and I will be coming to the museum - we will be late for lunch so start without us - we got our tickets for 1:00 pm.

8. JediErica

JediErica Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    I get a free pass to the event the Museum is hosting on the 28th. I am probably going to go to that. I am vending my jewelry in Niles the weekend you guys are going. If I didn't have that set up I would have loved to meet up and see you guys again.
    Erica Crawford

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    FYI, I read an article that the Falcon part of the exhibit is in the Transportation section of the museum, NOT in the Star Wars part. The museum wanted to have more people enjoy that part of the exhibit.
    So if you are wandering around before your scheduled time, go ahead and check out the Transportation section.

10. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    and to add to that:)

the Falcon Exhibit and the main SW exhibit are in sight of each other.

or at least the lines to get in to seem them.....

11. Rogue4809

Aug 2, 2003
    I hope you all have your tickets by now - If not, you better get them today. If 1:00 p.m. is sold out, try 1:30 p.m. or even 2:00 p.m.

But get those tickets!

12. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I purchased my tickets. Hey laura could I bum a ride so we can save money on parking?

13. Rogue4809

Aug 2, 2003
    If you have a Chicago Force t-shirt, be sure to wear it so everyone there will know we are a group.

If you don't have a shirt and would like one, we will have t-shirts available for purchase.

14. JediErica

JediErica Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    You guys were super cool to the kids that I babysit for when I brought them to the Event at the Museum last night (28th)

15. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    ref the event on the 28,

ref kids,

I never saw so many well behaved kids________EVER!

anyway, there were a lot of STAR WARS pumpkins on display.

Hopefully, they will all still be on display for the 4-th,
    but I realy have no idea. There were about 15 to 20 of them.

all pretty good, like this one.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/MusicTrooper/IMG_0263.jpg]

16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The 1:00 P.M. timeslot is sold out as are 11:00 A.M., 11:30 A.M., and 2:30 P.M. There is one ticket available in each of the following times: 12:00 Noon, 12:30 P.M., 1:30 P.M., 2:00 P.M., and 3:00 P.M.

Phil

17. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Got my tickets.

One at 12:30, one at 1:30 . . . hopefully they will let Gina and I in with the rest of you guys at 1:00pm. Otherwise, we will wait around with Maeve.

See you there.

18. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    A heads up for you all....

Make sure to get a ticket for the Millenium Falcon thingy...where they are free....you still have to request one...and the later in the day that you go...the less likely you are to see that part of the exhibit.

There are only 6 people allowed in at one time and only so many tickets per day are released....

The Millenium Falcon ride is one of the best parts of the exhibit...so...do your best to see it!

19. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks Phyllis,

I never new that was a ticketed part of the exhibit.

20. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I will need to buy a couple of T-shirts...you would think after two years with y'all I would have had at least one by now :p

As soon as my youngling and I get there, I will try to get our free tickets to the Millenium Falcon...Jim and I went on the Falcon this past Saturday, and it was fun... :cool:

Looking forward to seeing everyone...sorry about Book Club [face_peace] , but two trips to Chicago and back in one day is a bit much...

EDIT: Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin]

21. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    From Sunday's Gala

[image=http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSI%20Halloween%20Gala%2010-28-07/100_3212.jpg]

including Jedigeek, Doc4Converse, Musictrooper, Lionel and me...

More photos;

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSI%20Halloween%20Gala%2010-28-07/?start=0

22. Rogue4809

Aug 2, 2003
    Can't wait for this on Sunday.

Remember, we will begin meeting at the Brain Food Court at 11:30 a.m. I'll be there early and hold a table(s) so look for me.

Come and have some lunch before exploring the museum for the day.

See you all there!

23. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    We costumers were invited to the MSI on Halloween morning to entertain the school groups (I assume).
    I got there way early, and the rest of the crew was way late, so I was able to wander the exhibition all by myself and no one said anything but "would you like me to turn it on for you?" I sat in the Millenium Falcon (in Obi Wan's seat, of course) and thought; ".... that's no moon..." and other profound ponderings for about 20 minutes. It is a beautiful set and when you experience it with all the sound, lights, and effects, it's the best.
    When we all got down to the floor, it was the typical battlefield experience, with long periods of boredom followed by moments of terror as the tsunami of children approached. It broke on poor Darth Vader, who almost got washed inland until the other "Imperials" kind of circled the boats and saved him from going down. I guess the kids see him as sort of a Dark Side Santa Claus that has something nice for the kiddies who have been bad all year (unless they lived on Alderaan, of course...). But they're just kids being kids, no worse and probably a lot better than the monsters we were at that age (present company in particular). 99% of them were perfectly well behaved, but of course there were the non-conformists, the rebels, the ones who couldn't wait to touch, scratch and nibble on the costumes and who will probably end up as costumer weirdos in the museum in 20 years themselves.
    So costumers are very well received by large and small, and no one notices (or at least says anything) if you're "canon" or not. It just adds to the fun and it's a good way to get all the attention your parents denied you. So do come in costume, maybe I'll see you there, although I've already been through it forwards and backwards about five times (and in costume).
    Force sensible costuming
    Liobiwan

24. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    I think all the tickets are sold out now for the 4th (unless I did something wrong when I went to buy mine) I may still meet you guys at the food court to say Hi.

25. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Great update Obi Wan,

Wish I could have made it on the 31-st as well.

Schph, thanks for the photo link. I have got to learn to do this,
    but for now, I am lucky to upload 1 photo at a time to photobucket.

I know, I know,

one day I will upgrade the home computer:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.