main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars at the Alley Theater

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm going to steal Relin's thunder on this but he gets the credit for giving us the scoop on this event at book club the other night. It looks like the Alley Theater has "Star Wars:The Original Trilogy in 60 Minutes or Less" on their upcoming program.

http://thealleytheater.org/site/

No dates/times/prices yet...just "Our Sci Fri series begins in January with STAR WARS!" so I'm thinking Friday nights? If this is anything like "Star Wars in Less than 30 minutes" that Cungr, Mrs jedimika and I saw at CIV it should be a blast! Very fun and rapid fire jokes. So let's keep an eye on it and watch out for those Friday nights in January.

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    This looks like loads of fun. Don't know about anyone else, but me and Appo would like to go in costume. [face_dancing]

3. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

I was talking with Mika about this the other night. I know someone high up in the Alley Theater company. I will contact her to see if we can get a group rate, hopefully get more details about it, and see if it's ok to come in costume for those interested. I'll post back here and let you all know what she says.

4. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

I just got word back from my friend from the Alley Theater last night and she had this to say:

" We would love to have you guys there! On Friday, the 16th, it is a preview of Star Wars, which really opens in January. It will be "Pay What You Can" at the door and the show starts at 11pm, after the Matrix. We welcome the costumes!"

I will see if I can get any more info from her, but I wanted to post this so that if any of you wanted to go, you could. Credits are too tight for me to go right now, so I'll be waiting for the January showings.

5. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    I think this would be pretty fun...tempted to go tomorrow night but we are really busy with all kinds of stuff the next few days.

So we should try to get a nice big group to go together in January.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, I don't want just the preview, I want the whole shebang. The pay what you can is a nice touch though, kinda like Shakespeare in the Park when they pass the hat at intermission and you give what you can. Some give less, some give more.

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    8-} The whole shebang sounds great to Appo and I! [face_laugh]

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just a bump. Still waiting to see what they come up with. No announcements yet. I'm thinking this may end up being just a one night event.

http://thealleytheater.org/shows/sci-friz/star-wars

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks Mika... This is one that Appo and I dont' wanta miss, so as soon as they put something more out, we'll mark our calenders. [face_batting]

10. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Here's what I got. January 20th, 27th, February 10th and 24th. 10 Pm-11:30. Tickets $10.00 at the door or online.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Woo...late show. I'm working nights Jan 20 and 27, Feb 10th is the Phantom Menace (gotta start that thread) but I'm good the 24th. If someone want to plan a night the maximum people can go please do. See it and let me know if it's worth it. If it is maybe you'll come see it a second time with me on the 24th.

12. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Well, we could go any of those nights but the 10th of Feb. of coarse, but Feb. 24th would be fine for Appo and I. How bout everyone else?

13. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Works fine for me.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Bump. Looks like this will be our next night out. I'm still in, anyone else?

Cungr you've been to the Alley before, any advice? How's the parking? On street on do they have a lot? Anyone else been before?

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, bad news/good news. I emailed the Alley to get some info on parking and nearby eateries and got this response...

"Michael,
    I am so sorry! Your email was buried and I just found it today. Do you already have tickets? The 24th show has been sold out for a while. We will be adding shows in April, however.
    Thanks!
    Dana Hope
    The Alley Theater"

So bad news is this Friday isn't happening (unless you already have tickets), good news is it's a hit! and they're adding dates in April. We'll try and plan even earlier for then.

16. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    O.K. Mika, thanks for this heads up, and we'll shoot for April. It might work out better for people in the long run. [face_batting]

17. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Cool.I also just saw that the cast will be performing some scenes on Terry Meiner's Great Day live Wednesday at 9 AM.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up Relin

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, looks like they've basically added all the Fridays in April at this time.
    Friday April 6 is Book Club
    Friday April 13 is our Conglomeration room get together
    Friday April 20th Both I and Mrs jedimika are working (but don't feel like you can't go)
    Friday April 27 will be the night the wife and I go. Antone else want to make a night of it on this date? I plan to get my tickets very early for this and I'll probably give the scoop to the guys and gals at KSWCC and see if any of them want to meet up.

Thoughts?

20. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm good with this night :)

21. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    The 27th is also good for Appo and myself. [face_batting]

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Bought my tickets for the 27th of April

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's a return engagement. Star Wars in 60 Minutes or Less will be performed at the Alley Saturday January 12 @ 8:00 pm , January 19 & 26 @ 10:00 pm. All tickets $10.00.

I don't have to go but if someone hasn't seen it or wants to see it again or get a group together I'm available. Just remember tickets sell out early.

24. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    yea.. we've seen it and it was "awesome"! I highly advise anyone who has not seen it to do so, you won't be sorry. =D=

11-11 likes this.