main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Star Wars at the Ball Park!!!!! Aug 19th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Welcome Claycmu. :cool:
    There are plenty of guys in here that would be able to help you out for sure. I don't know anything about that kinda stuff, but I'm sure the 501st would be a great place to ask as well. ;) Good luck, and hope to see you at this event.

Edit:
    here is a thread asking about the same question, but about storm tropper armor...
    *I would PM these guys*
    http://boards.theforce.net/grand_rapids_mi/b10607/24147133/p1/?3

2. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Welcome claycmu!!! Hope to see you at the charity event. I sent an e-mail to one of the members in here about your Darth Vader costume. Hopefully he will get back with you soon.

3. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    I have a few Vaders for the ball park but we may rotate them as needed. Send me some pictures of your armor if you think you can get it all done by the 19th. Even if you don't get it done we are going to need non-costume help.

Later,
    TX-338 Out!

4. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    List update...

TX-338 Out!

PS... Everyone who attends will be given a Make A Wish T-Shirt for helping out!

5. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Massive Q/A update check it out!

Later,
    Donavon

6. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    If everyone can post their T-Shirt sizes for me that would be great! If you don't post I will order you a large or X-large shirt.

Also... The cut off date for costumers is going to be this Wednesday. I need to be able to get our list of attendees to the park before the weekend. As of right now we will have over 40 people. Some of them are not listed yet.

Talk to you later,
    Donavon

ps... Weapons policy: Unfortunately no weapons other than Light Sabers per Ballparks request. We will have to put on a show without weapons this time.

7. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    XL for me please.:D

8. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    XL here as well :p

9. claycmu

claycmu Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    I am 50/50, depends on if I am able to touch up vader and if my inlaws are still here visiting. I will be able to do the DVD opening though.

10. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    If you want to come anyway tomorrow and help out I will have a Make A Wish T-shirt ready for you!

Talk to you later,
    Donavon

11. claycmu

claycmu Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2006
    I will bust butt to finish up my DV, but we really need to be there at 3? The game doesn't start till 7. Add C. Royer. There is another game at 3 as was told

12. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Lunch is at 3pm ish... If you can try to get there as close to 3pm as you can. We will be having a meeting after lunch.

Later,
    Donavon

13. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    A big thank you goes out to Donavon and Brent for organizing this event.=D= It was so much fun and for a good cause.

14. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    All of you guys were just plain GREAT!!!!!

Can you believe that for the entire game we had people just waiting to get photos with us? With all your help, we made this one AWESOME event!!!!!! We ended up raising over $1000 for the Make A Wish Foundation!!!

Thank You All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donavon

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    GREAT job organizing this Donavon. and nice jobs by all, especially Blasty, Brent (who had to remove his bucket to reassure a little boy), mom Karen, etc There was such a positive vibe all day...so many kids wanted to talk about the story - they know their prequels really really well.. I love that. One little guy, who just learned that A New Hope would be playing after the game said he was going to talk his entire family into staying....He had never seen it! I "briefed" him and told him he really should experience the entire storyline of the saga. He was shocked at what happens to Obi Wan.

A ton of people were asking me about the Make A Wish Foundation and how this fit in with Star Wars...and became teary eyed.

here's one response from someone who emailed me at work:
    Linda - Thank you very much. The kids had a great time! Mary got one of the troopers to sign her hat after we walked around the field after the fireworks. Great group of people there!

Very sad about the little girl. Nobody should have to go through something like that. Especially kids.

16. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    What a wonderful event! Every time we go to an event in Grand Rapids, we have so much fun. Thanks to our event organizers who were able to make the event go so smoothly. There were a few bumps, but that is to be expected when you have an event of this magnitude.

Special thanks to our non-costumed support: this is not a glamorous job, but it is needed, especially at an event this big. All of you who volunteered to wear a Make-A-Wish shirt and take photos, help Donavon with the photo/printing area, or just make sure our costumers were taken care of were very much appreciated! Having two families who benefited from Make-A-Wish there was also a nice touch.

Next time will be even better!

17. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    My bucket is off to everyone that helped make this such a successful event! Between 501st, RL, GR FanForce, costumer's families, and the non-costume volunteers, you all did a blasty great job! =D= I loved seeing everyone wearing the KJ [face_love] stickers. Thanks Rome!

Besides everyone previously mentioned, I'd like to thank the two Make-A-Wish families that helped sell the bracelets and work the photo line. =D= It was an honor to meet and work with them.

I guess we made all the Grand Rapids tv stations. Way to go Phil for throwing a strike as Vader! Plans are already in the works for next year....

Blasty fantasic job Brent and Donavon!!!

And a special thanks to Brent and his family for opening their home for a place for us to crash! Would you notice if Plo Koon was missing? [face_mischief]

18. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Any pictures? We were talking about coming to help, and just couldn't make it.

19. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    These are from the 501st midwest public page.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mysteryfactor/album?.dir=/86d5re2&.src=ph&.tok=ph1W6YFBHpknZnjF
    Photo booth pictures

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/john_blizzard/album?.dir=/c2eere2

20. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I sooooo wish I could have been there! looked like alot of fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.