main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars at the Hangar 2015 @ Wings over the Rockies (5/3)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Apr 25, 2015.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    As discussed at today's meeting, this year's event is quickly approaching. The info page can be found here: http://wingsmuseum.org/event-calendar/star-wars-hangar/
    This page still shows last year's info (Kevin Graham will NOT be appearing), but the real highlight should be the debut of Anakin's Pod Racer from TPM.

Here is the all important sign-up sheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...BfQ2oEubHWf_tv9M/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1#gid=0

I know a lot of hands went up for those planing on attending/volunteering. Again, 2 hours of volunteering gains you free admission, while 4 hours gets you free lunch as well. Thanks so much to everyone willing to give their time for this event, see you on Sunday!

Contact person for event is Zoo http://boards.theforce.net/members/ptrsonszoo.450250/

AuttyBot likes this.
  2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So not sure what happened to the information that was provided to all the groups but here is what was posted on the Cerar Clan's boards.
    Saturday, May 2nd 9am-1pm - Drop off of stuffs to save time in the Sally Port (loading bay around back). And if necessary, we can make arrangements for a Friday drop-off, too. Everything will be locked up.
    Sunday May 3rd, 7am-9am - Setup all the things! Tables/chairs will already be setup. ALL VOLUNTEERS ENTER THROUGH THE SALLY PORT (parking around back).
    Sunday May 3rd, 9am-3pm - The Main Event
    Sunday May 3rd, 3pm-5pm - Clean-up (Mini's tournament still going)
    Sunday May 3rd, 5pm-6pm - ZOO kicks everyone out of the hangar.
    Sunday May 3rd, 6pm - Time to hit the Beer Garden!

One 2-Hour shift gets you admission to the museum for the event. Two or more shifts gets you free lunch from the museum.

My next question is why is the time slots for the GSA all blacked out? Who is running this? I think we should be training some people on it to help out at DCC. I know I need some practice.
    So if everyone can take into account set up and take down I would appreciate it.

Who is bringing the banners?

Jeff and I put in hours but maybe not for the full 4 hours but we will be there from set up to take down so please add our names to the grub list.

Thanks

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thanks for posting the additional info Kim, that is very helpful.

I've got banners for the RMFF table, will have to check if I have any of the free standing ones.

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Do you know what's going on with the green screen?

5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Will hyperdyne and crew be holding the Jedi Academy again? I didn't see it listed and it was quite the success last time.

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    They are saving that for DCC and Hauntings. Hyperdyne will be there with his laser this time (maybe the car, too).

Green Screen - There is one slot for the Computer Operator, and 3 slots for the line management & posing. PLEASE take the time to learn this system because we need LOTS more operators than 4 by DCC. Sign up for lines, and switch off with the computer operator to get hands on experience for a few minutes. There's a video on YouTube and a cheat sheet will be with the computer, too. We raised over $2K for Make-A-Wish at DCC last year, but only because someone was manning it the whole time, and that was three people (the fourth was working for the con, and will be again).

Thanks, Kim, for posting the information that I sent to all the group leaders last week.

nnaydolem likes this.
  7. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I signed up for some time. I am still learning the ropes so I am going to try to be there all day or by 11 if I can make it work to help where needed. If there is a need to bring items Friday, I might be available if there is a need for that as well, but I am not sure yet.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Thanks for posting info, Kim.

Depending on how I'm doing Sunday, I will come for at least two hours of floating and then teardown, or I'll stay home out of the way, so I'm not signing up for slots. I don't want to leave anyone hanging.

9. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm kinda in the same boat as Anita. I did well last weekend and made the drive down for the meeting, so hoping to fill any of the shifts based on when/if I can get there. I won't be in the headcount for food and can't likely be there early enough for set-up.

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ^^i WANT to be there...same, golly we are a sad lot. :(

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    My health is just poodoo.

12. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be bringing the Jabba Toss.

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I will be using the Sign-Up sheet as my list for leaving at the front door. I have had a few people talk to me privately to make other arrangements, but if you aren't signed up for a shift, you will not be eligible for admission to the event, and it's $20 for non-members. And for all those people not wanting to sign up for Sabers...they are already made, you just have to hand them out to the 12 & unders, and mark their wristband with an "S."

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    We need help on the GSA, same for DCC, this is fun and easy to do and for DCC raises money for MAW so it's important too.
    If you're outgoing and like to talk to people, line control is for you. If you are creative and see things as artistic posing people in the picture is up you ally. If you're neither of those things and like to press buttons, taking the photo is just the right task for you.

It takes 3 people to move the line and get people in and out, so please think about taking a time slot to see what you think about this neat feature we offer the guests.

AuttyBot likes this.
  15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    There's no place to be a floater, which I understand wanting to get the other slots filled first, but I can't commit to that.

Will PM or text you.

16. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Help me help you. I am trying to learn since I am new. This coming weekend is the first event I am able to help with. Also, my husband is on call so I may have to play two roles of bringing my children and have my teenager look after my daughter when it is my time to help with the table or anywhere I can be of assistance. Their admission will of course be paid for. Am I allowed to have them with/near me at all while I help? If I felt they would interfere in any way I would not even consider having them with me. My big pull with the group was that it is family friendly. I just want to make sure I understand what that means exactly. The last thing I want to do is show up with them in tow and realize that I have in some way burdened the group. In all honesty, they may even want to help in some manner. Last, since this is a first for me. I am not sure how and where to sign up. I can sit at a table, but if there is a need to learn something, I am open to learning. If someone wants to chat via phone that would be cool too. Thanks!

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I usually have a niece or nephew, or several, helping out at the event. Sammie has been helping for 3 years and she's only 13. The kids make great dart shaggers for Blast-A-Trooper (picking up the darts from the floor after being shot at the troopers), and handing out Sabers is another great place for them to help. It's not so easy for the little guys, because it is barely contained chaos, and they just want to join in, not sit near you while you work. But the bigger kids (I'd say 8 and up) can totally pitch in and have a good time. Obey Wann can attest to this, as his kids have also been helping at events for quite a while. If they are there to help, they get the same privileges as the other volunteers (free admission for 2 hours, free lunch for 4 or more).

DieWompRatDie and AuttyBot like this.
  18. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you! PtrsonsZOO This helps. I went over the details with my son and he said he would be happy to help not only me, but is also open to handing out Sabers or simple tasks that you mentioned. Should I put him on the list?

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Go For It! It's events like this that can really spur a child into the world of volunteering and community service. I get so much joy when the kids ask me, "What's coming up and can I go this time?"

20. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    As usual I don't make meetings, but I do make events ;)

SITH__CHICK and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I hope you do make it! Did you see DCC sign up sheet and discount tickets are going on right now?

22. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Geoffrey (I don't even remember his board name, forgive me) and I signed up for 1-3 shifts. We plan to swap back and forth to cover both the saber table and podracer line, because I'll have x amount of energy for picking up sabers and y amount of energy for walking and talking the podracer line. :) teamwork. QueenHighMistress, if you feel good in this time slot-ish, you can float with us and that's be a win-win in case I need a lie-down-on-the-hanger-floor break! Haha

Note to Organizers:
    We will not be in costume. Have too much going on, and I am low on energy this weekend. However, we will arrive there sometime between 12 and 1 and stay the rest of the day through takedown.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    My hope is to be there about the same time; I've made arrangements with Zoo, and if I can't be there she'll get a text. I will most likely not be in costume, either. My energy is low and muscle fatigue has been extra special the past couple weeks.

24. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Should this information be helpful to anyone before tomorrow; I am planning on arriving as early as possible. I signed up my son and I, but I am happy to float as well. I am going to take my daughter around for a short bit, but I am planning to be there to work thereafter and help tear down.

See you soon!

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks AuttyBot! There will be lots to do.

Speaking of which... Where are all the RMFF volunteers at? Very few names on the schedule, and if you're not on the schedule, or have made other arrangements, you don't get in the door without paying.