main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars at Universal Citywalk on Tuesday June 22nd!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    A friend sent this link to me:
    Summer <A TITLE="Click for more information about movies" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||movies|AA1VDw">Movies</A> at Citywalk

They are showing Star Wars at Universal Citywalk on Tuesday night June 8th. I don't know the time, and it says it's free (if you call paying $8 for parking free). But this is something we can do.. those who want to go can just show up early, we'll get some dinner at Citywalk and stay and watch the movie.

Edit: Changed date. Event has been moved back to June 22nd due to the Lakers making the NBA Finals.

EDIT: Locked per CR request - MJF

2. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    dude, that is soooooooooo awesome...i'm am so there!!!
    Anytime you get to see SW on a "big screen" is fun....
    hope there arent those goofy idiots who go around making noise and messing it up for others....

Or those who sit there and quote the whole movie...oh wait, that's what I DO 8-} [face_blush].
    JR if you find out more, post please!

3. luwho

luwho Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2003
    I'll go! What time?

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Solo, I think we are those goofy idiots.
    Sounds cool, I am in.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    This is so cool! Too bad it's on a work night. I think I can go though...

Here's an idea: everyone park near my apartment (a couple of blocks away) and we carpool up to Citywalk -- we can save parking $$ that way!

JediBith

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    They show these movies on the big screen OUTSIDE the theaters. I'll plan to get there really early and save blanket space -- anyone want to join me?

So - you'll need a blanket/something to sit/lie on, a beach chair, etcetera.

7. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Valeda -
    what time are you planning on going?
    If i can, i'll try to get off early from work and head on over there ASAP. around, 6ish at the latest....
    OF COURSE if this showing doesn't interfere with the NBA finals. wouldn't want to miss the lakers going for their 4th title in 5 years.... :D..

If not, i'll be there with blanket, chairs ready..

8. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Helen, Thanks for offering!! I think we'll all take you up on that.. you'll probably be holding space for all of us ;)! We'll treat you to the fast food of your choice for your efforts. I could get there by 5:30 at the earliest..unless I take off from work earlier.

SoloJedi, if there's a game, it'll only be the 2nd game of the series.. not enough to get sthuper-excited about. They usually show the games on the same outdoor screen.. so perhaps there's not a game that day.. who knows.

This sounds like it'll be fun! I can eat a Rubio's Lobster Burrito, a Tommy's hamburger, A Dodger Dog (if it's still there.. I haven't been to Citywalk in a while), and have a heart attack while watching Star Wars with the LAFF. It would be a good death.

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm thinking... 2 PM? That should be early enough, I should think. You know me... I'm into that line thing LOL.

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    question: She we bring beach chairs, or fold up chairs?
    Or, are there chairs to sit on.

Darth-Bubba need not sit on concrete for 2 hours after working a ten hour day. I have some extra if needed. Also, lots of blankets.

Darn it, I was hoping in the theatre.

Liz, Carpooling sounds great. Or, we could meet at the trolley parking lot (sorry, Metro) and drive up together.

We will finalize this on May 30th when we meet in person.

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I wish I could but it's a school night and I'll turn into a pumpkin if I'm out too late. Have fun!

12. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    2 o'clock? Dont you think that's a bit EARLY?!?!?!
    Being that it's tuesday, i don't think there'll be that m any people in CW at that time anyway....maybe 4ish might be better, but it's your time Valeda....

And yes, we will treat you to food being as you are sacrificing your time and blankets! :D

JR, yeah they still have the dodger dogs there.

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Some of us from the SDSWS are driving up. Do you think you guys can save us some blanket space? It is a long drive up there and we won't be able to get up there early.

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Judging by the video (at the bottom of the page of the link in my first post), a lot of people go to these things.. there are even people in *costume* (!).

15. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    just saw the video for thew "raiders" show from last year...WOW! that looked so cool....
    Those people dressed up looked cool too.... Man that JW score is awesome!!! i love that song, theme song from raiders..... :D

I guess this would be a good time for Nala to come in one of her famous costumes!
    We should be there early and "rope" off a section...
    As we get closer to the day, i'll let you know what i can do to help out...if anything

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    This sounds super-cool. (As opposed to Superfly).
    Should we bring our lightsabers?

17. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I want to go, but I can't for I will be in Texas that week. :(

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Solo, as long as I've got a bottle of water and a book, it's cool :). I'll save seat space for as many people as they'll let me.

19. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Here's an idea: everyone park near my apartment (a couple of blocks away) and we carpool up to Citywalk -- we can save parking $$ that way!

Can we see your spiders?

20. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    wow, we went 18 posts before someone changed topic...and it wasn't even haskett 8-} ;).

Maybe i can take the day off or get off early and join Valeda. again, will let you know as we get closer to day!

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    JiltedToo wrote: Can we see your spiders?

Yes, but Spider-viewing must remain optional...too many faint-of-heart friends.

JB

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'll go! Star Wars is Good.

23. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, if Sara is going, then im there!

24. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

I waaaannaaa gooo!!!!

25. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Speaking of City Walk and Star Wars; Whats with airline food?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.