main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Auction for Charity - Christmas Ornaments and Vintage Hoth Playset and Figures

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Tragic Jedi, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tragic Jedi

Tragic Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2013
    Hey Everyone,

At one point in my life, I had a huge Star Wars collection...toys, playsets, t-shirts, bobble heads, you name it.
    A few years ago, I came to the realization that the only thing in life that really matters is the people you have in it, not all the "stuff" you have. This came as a result of being a brain cancer survivor, and a friend giving me many of his "things" when he moved away - his old MacBook, iPhone, and snowboard to name a few.
    I put most of my collection on auction to help get my own non-profit, Skating for Hope, off the ground (see www.skatingforhope.org). It's a 24-hour skate-a-thon that benefits the American Cancer Society.
    The last of my collection is my Star Wars Christmas Tree (full of those Hallmark Keepsake ornaments) complete with a Hoth scene underneath it (this includes the vintage Hoth playset, Wampa, Luke hanging upside down from the tree, etc).
    I've put the last of my huge collection up for auction with all the money to be split between One Fund Boston (that benefits the Marathon bombing victims) and Skating for Hope.
    Here's the link to the auction, which started on Star Wars Day...ends this Saturday, May 11!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Christmas-Tree-and-Vintage-Hoth-to-Benefit-One-Fund-Boston-and-SFH-/251270892603?
    Please let me know if you have any questions, and May the Force be with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.