Star Wars Author coming to ConCarolinas

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, NC' started by motf-jan, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello all,
    Star Wars Author Greg Keyes will be coming to ConCarolinas in Charlotte, June 3-5 at the Marriott Executive Park. Still a little time left for Pre-registration and we do have it through mail and Paypal.

Other Star Wars related guests include the 501st Stormtroopers, Starwarsfanworks.com,-ROTO, Nathan Butler, author of one of the latest Star Wars Tales comics, The Great Luke Ski(The Wierd Al of Sci-Fi), We'll be showing several Star Wars Fan Films, and there is Star Wars gaming. Check out the website for more details: http://secfi.org/concarolinas

We'll have other events such as a Costume fair, Writer's workshop, Scifi Swap meet, Stormtrooper Minuteman Contests, Auction, Costume Contest--with prizes, Kid's Pirate Scavenger Hunt, Video Room, Consuite, Dealer's room, etc.

Thanks,
    Janet
  2. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget the 20 Dollar Film festival, fun, moderate debauchery, pirates, SW characters, Kligons, Scapers.....

lets just narrow it down and say its gonna be a kick ass good time. I know I'm there.
  3. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    We've kept Paypal registration open through this weekend to the large demand of people wanting the discount. Also, the hotel has extended the hotel block time limit to May 26th.

We've got new events being added all the time:
    Star Wars Fan Films-
    Sins of the Jedi
    Revelations
    Saving Star Wars will all be shown.

Also remember $1 from every membership goes to Katie.

I just got in a large amount of Brand new ROS 18 month Calenders that were donated for our auction. Most likely, we'll put a cheap price on them and the first people to grab them will get them. I also have a fair amount of EPI special video collectionl Throw the video away and keep the special film frame and Art of Star Wars book. I paid $30 for mine, but due to a special donation from Toys R Us Charleston, you'll be able to get it at the auction for a whole lot less! I'm also bringing vintage items from my personal collection to help out as well.

And it looks like David Weber will attend this year. It'll be one of the first times he and John Ringo have been at a con in awhile.

And we may be adding one other celebrity guests whose most work has been on the Trek, Alien Nation on B5 shows.

Janet
  4. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, you guys keep outdoing yourselves.
  5. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    We've added Alien Actor Bill Blair and Jason from the Friday the 13th movies to our line up. Also, the fan film Saving Star Wars will be screened.

I've also gotton a donation of a bunch of ROS 18th month calenders. Very cool. They don't start till July so just in time. Ultarama has donated an action figure display system for auction as well. I have two of these and they are very, very, nice.

More stuff coming in everyday. Got a new Medieval group called Adrian Empire coming by and doing some panels.

It's going to be a fun time for all!

Janet
  6. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Saving Star Wars looks to be a great flick. It has David Prowse and George Stuckey. We interviewed Stuckey at C3 and he's a cool cat. I'm looking forward to the con more and more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.