Beyond Star Wars: Balance of Power (AU, Action, Drama, Romance, OC's and CC's)--9/27/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mrjop2, Nov 5, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Wow, now the other side - the Jedi officially know something's up - now it only leaves sleuthing through the clues and hearing Jada's side of things once she recovers enough [face_thinking]
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    WEDGE!!! :D

I hope Gidion answers all questions.
  3. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep! Now, it's time to start bringing in some of the canon characters. Just keep in mind, just because I've picked up on some of the characters from the novels, doesn't mean that I keep in line with them. Truthfully, I pretty much ignore the events of all the novels except for the Thrawn trilogy. After that series, I pretty much turn this into an alternate universe. (Actually, I ignore some things in the Thrawn trilogy, but only the stuff that does not align to the six movies. Just like Timothy Zahn says in Dark Force Riding that Darth Vader lost his other human hand after the defeat of the First Death Star, which clearly contradicts Revenge of the Sith, where he loses all his remaining human limbs during his fight with Obi-Wan. What can you say, The Heir to the Empire trilogy was written before the prequel trilogy was a twinkle in George Lucas's eyes.)
  4. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    These boards are going to move within the next few weeks, and will be done between 1 to 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get another chapter up before that happens, but I will continue to write during the down time, and will post what I have done during the down time when the boards return.

Chapter 9

Jada awoke in a nice, warm cot. She had no idea how long she?d been out, but she felt better than she had in a long while. She had been pushing herself to her limits for longer than she should have. Her master warned her several times about overexerting herself. She couldn?t help it; it was a trait she inherited from her mother.

Looking at her arm, she saw a large scar stretching the length of her entire upper arm. The trips to the bacta tank and her Jedi healing trance had done wonders, though the scar was less than desirable. She turned her attention on her ankle and rolled it around. Her leg was slightly stiff, and the pain in her ankle was minimal. Though she was sure the medical droid would object, it was enough?for her liking?to get herself up and ready to leave for Coruscant. The longer they stayed here, the sooner the threat, that had been following them, would find its way here?wherever here was.

The door to the medical center opened, and Senator Wedge Antilles entered the room. "You?re awake! Well rested, I assume?"

"I feel like I?ve just awakened from a two-sleep-cycle hibernation ,? Jacina smiled.

"Try eight.? Wedge replied. ?You were in bad shape!"

"That long! Where is Gideon Mars, we must return to Coruscant immediately!" Jada said, sitting-up straight.

"You need to rest. You?re still not fully healed. The medbot told me that another day or two and you will be ready to be released."

Jada shook her head, Wedge had no idea what was happening; as it was, they?ve been strangely fortunate that no move had been made against them in those days she?s been out. ?You don?t understand, we?re being chased by the Galactic Alliance. They?ve been unusually aggressive in pursuing me.?

?The Empire?I hate them with every bone in my body,? Wedge muttered. The time he spent as an X-wing pilot really instilled a dislike of the Empire in him. He just wasn?t able to shake it after the peace treaty was signed. To that day, Wedge still did not put it past the Empire to sign the treaty to lull the New Republic into a false sense of peace. This attack on Jada only fueled his distrust of the Empire?or the Galactic Alliance?whatever they called themselves these days. ?However, even they wouldn?t be so foolish to launch an attack on Corellia; we?re way too fortified for them to even consider it. At the very least, I urge you to remain over night, and join me and Senator Lo Monar for supper.?

Jada knew that staying on Corellia was a very bad idea; they?ve been there too long as it was. She could read it in Wedges face, that he was willing to do whatever it takes to get her to stay one more day. This was an unspoken ultimatum?a blackmail, if you will. Of course, she could ignore the warning and leave anyway, and Wedge would not force the issue, but she respected him too much to defy him like that. ?Very well, we?ll stay.?

?Good,? Wedge smiled with a nod. He started to make his way towards the door and then came to a stop when a thought suddenly reemerged. ?Oh, I forgot. I have your friend Gideon incarcerated. I had no idea if he was under arrest of the Jedi Order or not. I hope I didn?t do wrong by you?or him.?

Jada laughed at the thought of how angry Gideon had to be spending a week in the prison barge. It was the first good laugh she had in a long while. ?You did okay, but I think we can let him out now. I?m sure he?ll be a good boy now that I?m awake.?

?I thought as much,? Wedge replied. ?Oh, and one last thing. Master Skywalker asked me to tell you to contact him as soon as you are up to it. It sounded urgent.?

?Thanks, Wedge?for everything.?

Still a little stiff, it took Jada a little extra time to get dressed. She agreed to stay and take it easy for one more day, but th
  5. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Nice to see Wedge and Luke and their strategizing =D=

Politicians are in a category all by themselves it seems :p o_O

6. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Sith Will be Sith! [face_mischief]
  7. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, politicians are in their own world, even in a galaxy far far away!

Sith will be Sith, but these two sith have no idea what they're in the middle of.

8. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 10

Jada and Senator Antilles were en route to Gideon?s quarters, where he was under house arrest. She could feel agitation emanating from him; his rage was going to explode the moment they stepped into the room. She promised herself that she was not going to wound his pride further by laughing at the irony of the situation.

?I must admit I?m not looking forward to this,? Wedge said walking next to Jada down the giant corridor which was bustling with hundreds of Corellians mixed with a few off-world aliens. As they walked among the people, they captured the eyes of a few onlookers. Whether they were looking at Wedge?a well-known senator in the New Republic?or her?an all powerful Jedi Knight, she could not tell. It was hard for her to go anywhere without being pointed out as a Jedi Knight; of course, wearing a Jedi tunic was the worse way to look inconspicuous. ?Han was usually a very mellow kinda guy, but I?ve heard rumors of the legendary Corellian-smuggler wrath of his.?

Jada smiled as they veered right unto a private corridor. ?Don?t worry; you have a big-strong Jedi by your side to protect you.?

?Very funny,? Wedge grunted. ?I swear, you have your mother?s wit, and if it wasn?t for your black hair, you would be a spitting image of her.?

After a long walk through the private corridor, they finally reached the door to Gidon?s quarters. Two Corellian guards stood at attention in their white military uniforms. ?I think it?s time that our guest is released from custody, now. Thank you, gentlemen.?

?As you wish, Senator.? The two security guards left their post and headed down the private corridor in the direction they had just come.

?Well, let?s get this over with,? Wedge said, loth to push the door that would open the door. He pressed his thumb onto the thumb pad and the door slid upward.

Gideon was standing in the middle of his quarters, which look more like a miniature luxury suite than small, confined, personal quarters. Apparently, Wedge went out of the way to appease the smuggler in case he had come to the wrong conclusion about him. Jada could tell that he had done a lot of pacing around in this room, and was perhaps in the middle of doing so again before their visit.

?Well, look who?s finally decide to grace me with their presence,? He said sardonically towards the senator before looking towards Jada. ?You?re looking good as new.?

?I?m doing much better, thank you.?

?Good, cause I should send the both of you to the medical ward for this! You?ve had me locked away for nearly two weeks; after all I?ve done for you two. You can?t put someone of my personality and caliber in a cage, okay? I may be a scoundrel, but I?m a very?delicate?scoundrel!?

Jada crossed her arms in front on her and frowned. ?Are you done with your wallowing, yet, or can we go get something to eat??

Gideon?s right eyebrow arched up. ?Are we talking about more of the second-rate, prison-like rations that I?ve been eating the past two weeks??

?No,? Wedge assured him. ?You two will join me and Senator Lo Monar for a very nice, hardy feast.?

?Then, by all means, what are we waiting for? Lead the way!?

Jada smirked, trying to suppress a full blown laugh. She knew that all this hostility he was displaying was nothing but show. It was a typical swindle; he was trying to play on their emotions, trying to make her feel guilty for letting him be caged up. He was about to butter her up for something. ?You need to freshen up or anything before we go??

He looked as if she had insulted his looks. ?I?m more than ready. Let?s go get some of that food!? He stepped out of his quarters and started walking towards the main corridor.

?Whatever you say,? Jada mumbled as she and Wedge joined him on the way towards the banquet hall.

Gideon did not go very far before he started to slow down to allow Jada and Wedge to catch up. He had no idea where he was going, but he was not going to allow himself to look foolish. He was going to try to spark a conversation to try to save face. Jada could see through his façade, and she was g
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Wow, so Gideon really didn't have a lot to add to the solving of the mystery but the siths have just revealed themselves - so the action is really going to start popping [face_thinking]

And now that Gideon is free to go, ;) I wonder if he'll choose not to? :D

10. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    The mystery remains... [face_thinking]

Cursed Sith!
  11. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, those Sith are pain in the rears, aren't they?
  12. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 11

Jada used the Force to push the dark lord back to put some space between them. Finally with the opportunity to do so, she ripped out her lightsaber. The violet-white blade roared to life, inviting her adversary to try attacking her again. Last time, she was unarmed and unready for his attack; that was no longer the case.

Jada ventured to glance to her right and noticed the dead body of Senator Lo Monar, with his head having rolled underneath the banquet table. The poor Aqualish only had time to leap from his seat before his beheading. Whoever this assassin from Dathomir was, he had been waiting for them. It could not be a coincidence that they confronted two Bull Rancors on Ando, and the appearance of this dark lord, here on Corellia; both were from the same system. This was the same adversary that had chased them from Tatooine, and now had followed them here.

Her first thought was to assume that they wanted Gideon dead to avoid testifying to the senate, but the problem was that he didn?t know anything of great value. Did this new menace still believed that he could be a threat to them? Perhaps he wasn?t the target at all; perhaps... she was.

Trying to figure the motive, right now, needed to be the least of her concerns. If she was right, she was looking at duel with a Sith lord; she had never fought with a Sith before. It?s been decades since they had been seen last. Most of her fights have been against other formable advisories that had taken their place since the Sith?s disappearance, namely the rouge Mandalorian group: The Jedi Hunters. The Jedi had been at war with with them for nearly ten standard-cycles. It?s been only a two or three cycles since the Jedi had finally prevailed against them, forcing them to back down and go into hiding.

The war actually started when they kidnapped her as she was still a young teenage girl. That battle, for her rescue, was how her mother died. She gave up her life to save Jada?s; it was the worst day in her life. It took her months to overcome the guilt and find her way back into the light. She had come dangerously close to turning to the dark side of the Force, but thanks to the guidance of her mentor, she came back to become a much stronger Jedi Knight. Unfortunately, she was not the only who had to walk down this journey during this time; her mother wasn?t the only death in the family at the start of this war. The family experience two deaths at the hands of the Jedi Hunters on that day.

She returned her glance forward, and looked around the dark lord towards Wedge and Gideon, where there were lost at what to do. Their way out of the banquet was too close to striking distance of the assassin. Wedge was composed well enough to know that they wanted to attract as little attention to themselves as possible, otherwise the ?Sith? might try to use them as leverage. She admired that he still had the courage not to be deathly fearful of him. He was still a young warrior at heart. Perhaps deep down inside, he had faith in her abilities. At that point, she wished she was as comfortable with them as he was.

With her eyes, she communicated with him her intentions. She was going try to bring this fight to the other side of the large banquet hall, and give them a chance to leave. If she could keep this dark lord attention solely on her, then they might have a chance to leave, unless his ultimate goal was Gideon and not her. If that was the case, she was going to have a major handicap in this duel. Having never faced a Sith before, she could not attest to how honorably they fought. For the most part, the Jedi Hunters were honorable until they were backed into a corner. They had only cared about purging the universe of the Jedi; everyone else was innocent in their eyes. Somehow, though, she suspected that would not be the case here, now.

The Sith charged at her with both of his lightsabers raised over his head. She angled herself, so not to be pushed back into the wall again, as she brought her blade horizontally over her head to block His attack. As he cont
  13. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Great action sequence! =D=
  14. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Gripping edge of seatness & wonderfully detailed action sequence! =D= =D=

You describe Jada's remarkable skills superbly.

:D

15. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you. Light Saber duels are fun to right when you choreograph it correctly. The next chapter will be coming very quickly! It's already half way done. Right now, this story is just rolling in my mind.
  16. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 12

Gideon got another painful shock trying to hotwire the door. It was yet another failed attempt to earn their freedom, but before he had the chance to try again, the duel was over. The moment the life force departed from the Sith, the door slid open on its own. It took every ounce of restraint to keep his composure.

Nursing his raw fingers, Jada turned off her weapon as she walked past the body of the Sith and around the table towards them. The senator wore a warm smile on his face. ?I had no doubt of the outcome; you?re just like your father.?

Jada smiled grateful before turning her attention towards him. He stopped nursing his hands, hoping to hide his embarrassment. ?Well, remind me not to get on your bad side.?

Whether he was successful in hiding his slightly singed finger tips or not, he could not tell. Something more pressing was on her mind, something that distracted her from replying to his sarcastic remarks. ?I think it?s safe to say that he was here to kill both of us. I know I said that you?re free to go, but you have no ship, and a very powerful advisory out to kill you. Until we get some answers, I?m placing you in the protective custody of the Jedi Order.?

And just like that... his short lived freedom had come to an abrupt end. He knew that she was right; without his own ship to pilot, he was an easy kill for whoever this foe was. That didn?t mean he had to like it any. ?Great!? Being stuck with one Jedi, as beautiful as she may be, was bad enough; going to Coruscant to be surrounded by them was an absolute nightmare. He had tried all his live to avoid the Republic capital and the Jedi. If they found out about his secret, his life would be as good as over.

?We have to leave for Coruscant right now. I will have to forgo another day of rest.?

?Under the current circumstances, I?m in full agreement.? The Senator was noticeably disturbed by this attack, and being a Corellian himself, Gideon knew exactly why. This planet was known for its virtually impenetrable security. Since the fall of the Empire, Corellia had never had such a breach of security as what had happened here this day. If word got around the galaxy about what had happened here, there would be a panic sweeping across all systems that has not been seen since the days of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Of course, Corellian pride, in of itself, was not going to allow this to become widely known. The constituents of this planet was going to pressure the Senator not to make mention of this to the Senate. The Jedi Council was going to learn of this; there was no stopping that. He found it unlikely that the news of today?s events would not go beyond the Jedi Order.

Jada winced, as if she felt something very uncomfortable. Gideon guessed that she was sensing more trouble on the horizon. His guess proved to be correct. ?We have to go now! Corellia is under attack?

Sithious had informed him that Darth Kahn had been slain, and then slipped into some kind of meditating trance. Kartel found himself having to make a judgment call all on his own. The truth was he still did not understand his master?s plan. Everything they?ve been doing seemed to be counterproductive to their ultimate goal. Yet, his master was fully confident that war was now inevitable. He made him feel like an imbecile for not understanding his plans, but Kartel was convinced that there was a piece to the puzzle that he was not being told.

Without any further orders from his young, dark master, he was left with the decision has to how to respond to Darth Kahn?s attack. The last thing he understood of the plan was that they wanted to make the Jedi think that the smuggler, Gideon Mars, was the key to stopping the civil war. Just that was cause of much of his confusion. It would take the New Republic no time at all to learn the truth, if they had not learned it already. His gut told him that they already knew, so why continue with this charade and continue exposing themselves? What made Sithious so certain that even if the Jedi learned the truth, that the Senate w
  17. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Excellent gripping action with the squadrons and ISDs =D= and the 3 that showed up as a rescue/reprieve [face_thinking]

Nicely intermingled with sithly ominousness ;) :p

18. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    That was fun!

And here comes the bounty hunter. [face_worried]
  19. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you, and yes, it's time for the Jedi Hunters to rear their ugly heads into the conflict.
  20. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 13

"I don?t like this one bit!" Wedge scowled, prancing around in front of the ramp; waiting for the ship to dock and the ramp to lower. His prejudice towards the ?Empire? was at full swing. When he heard what Jada had done, he nearly went ballistic. At first, he was convinced this was all a set up by the Freedom Alliance to capture them. Even her assurance about the feeling of the Force on board the Constantine did not alleviate his distrust.

"Under the circumstances we were facing, it was the only choice we had,? Jada replied. If he wasn?t going to buy into her Jedi instincts, then he was going to have to accept the logical wisdom behind this move. It would have been six Star Destroyers against them and two squadrons of Corellian fighters. If this was a trap, then it would be much easier to escape than take on those odds.

"I still don?t like it. You can?t trust the Empire! They?re worst than smugglers?no offence,? he apologized promptly after he realized that Gideon was standing next to him. From the look on his face, he definitely took note of the comment. With a small nod, Jada knew that that comment was forgiven but not forgotten.

"If we were in any immediate danger, I would sense it.? She tried the Jedi reasoning one last time, and there was one last card she could play: the guilt trip. ?You?ve trusted Master Skywalker for many years; trust me now."

?This is gonna be interesting,? Gideon muttered to himself.

The ship shook gently as they heard the hatch of the star destroyer close. They were now safely docked on-board the Constantine. "I?ll go first, if it?d make you feel better?" she offered. It was a rhetorical suggestion; she was going down that ramp first despite his answer.

"Please, be my guess; you?re the one with the lightsaber."

Looking over at Captain Vargon, she already knew that trying to ease his doubts would be impossible. He and the crew refused to leave the ship, mostly because they wanted to be ready to make a quick getaway if everything went south. He had vehemently objected to the Corellian senator leaving the ship in these circumstances, but she was barely able to persuade him that Wedge would be under her protection.

She gave him a gentle nod, signally him to press the red button, and lower the ramp. With a final sigh of objection, he did as instructed. As the ramp lowered, Jada noticed that most of the hanger was empty. Perhaps they did not want to overwhelm them with a formal greeting. They probably knew how Corellia felt about the Freedom Alliance and were going out of their way to put their unease to rest. She felt no hostile intentions from anywhere in the ship.

Gideon and Wedge followed her down the ramp. As they reached the bottom, the door leading out of the hanger slide upward. Entering the hanger bay was Admiral Barkley in his white military uniform, but he was not alone. Two other men were with him, and the moment she saw them, everything she had felt made sense. She was overwhelmingly cheerful to see their faces once again after this strenuous mission. "Jacen! Anakin!"

"Welcome on-board the Constantine!" Jacen smiled. He and his brother stepped out from behind the admiral to greet her.

Letting her nerves relax for the first time in weeks, she ran to greet both of them with a friendly embrace. It had been a long time since she?d seen them last. Jacen still had his smooth, oily-black hair that came down to his shoulders. He had a single streak of graying hair that made him all the more distinguishing. He had no facial hair to speak off; he found having facial hair rather irritating, and distracting. Other than his hair, he was almost the splitting image of his father. He had also acquired his wild streak. He had been offered to be made a member of the Jedi Council, but refused because he enjoyed being on his own and be whisked away into another adventure. Being tied down onto Coruscant was something he could not see himself doing for quite some time.

Anakin was slightly taller than his older brother, but with hair that matched the color of his fat
  21. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Great to see Anakin and Jacen, but I can't help but be sad about Tahiri and intrigued about her look-alike. [face_thinking]

22. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Great new details and fun to see Anakin :cool: And Ti. I like! her! Her Jedi-esque skills, and her bubbly personality.

Sad about Tahiri - but I'm glad she was with Anakin at least for some bit of a while [face_thinking]

23. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    This trilogy that I started was actually written about 10 to 12 years ago, before the NJO, before Tahiri was even around. This is actually a third rewrite to add stuff that the prequals added into mix. I think made mention that I ignore most of the novels except for Timothy Zahn's trilogy (whenever they did not controdict the movies), and a little of Kevin J. Anderson's trilogy. The one thing I did like about the NJO was Tahiri, but with this trilogy already written. I decided to at least acknoledge her existance in this fashion. It was the only way to do it and keep the trilogy intact.
  24. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 14

Walking down the ramp, Jedi Master Kyp Durron, even at his advanced age, still had the appearance of a rebel. His face hid his age fairly well; he always attributed it to his reckless behavior. His white hair streamed from his scalp to his shoulders. Anakin was certain that his brother, Jacen, emulated the Jedi Master way too much for his liking. Even as experience as he was, Jacen had adopted some of Master Duron’s unruly tendencies. He supposed he could not blame his brother too much; he’d been told that he annoyingly emulated Uncle Skywalker. Perhaps many of his generation of Jedi’s emulated their Masters or a Jedi Master that they had great respect for.

Anakin was joined by the rest of the Jedi onboard the Constantine, Gideon, and Senator Antilles. He was not surprised when Jacen was the one stepping forward first to greet the Jedi Master. “Greetings, Master Durron.”

“Greetings, young Jedi,” He smirked.

Anakin frowned at the label that the Jedi Master had addressed them as .Technically, Jada was the only Jedi Knight on board. He and his brother, may be younger than Master Durron, they were still well beyond knighthood. They both already had a padawan learner grow into a full-fledged Jedi Knight who both had their own apprentices. The label ‘young’ was borderline derogative, and was a slap in the face of all of their accomplishments. However, Jacen didn’t seem to take the greeting in the same way. In his eyes, the ‘great’ Jedi Master Kyp Durron could do no wrong.

The Jedi Master turned to address the Senator. “Greetings, Senator. I take it that everyone is ready to depart?”

“My crew and I are more than ready,” Wedge responded quickly. He could not wait to get off this ship, for fear of what being seen on an Imperial Star Destroy, would do to his image. Despite the more-than-gracious hospitality that’s been shown to them, the former Rouge Leader just could not overcome his distrust of the Freedom Alliance.

“Excellent,” He replied. His gaze was pulled towards Gideon. There was no hiding the smuggler in a room full of Jedi; he stuck out like a sore thumb. “So you must be the smuggler that I’ve come to escort back to Coruscant.”

“Listen, I don’t need protection; I don’t care who’s out there trying to get me. I rather help find this guy than hide like a coward.”

Jada stepped in and answered before Master Durron could. She could already see that these two men would not get along very well, but a part of her was kind of amused with the idea that Gideon would soon be given the same attitude as he’s been given her. With any luck, she would never again across this hardcore scoundrel. “The enemy we’re up against, you’re not equipped to take on. You thought that Sith apprentice was nasty, wait until we cross the master. You need the protection of the Jedi, and I’ve been assigned to a different mission. Master Kyp Durron is now assigned to you.”

“Don’t remind me,” Kyp scowled towards Jada. “You young Jedi get to run off to Dathomir while I’m stuck babysitting this guy. I’m quite envious of you three.”

Gideon wanted to hurt the Jedi Master; Anakin could see it in the way he narrowed his eyes. Before anyone had a chance to respond, Artoo riddled off a few anxious moans and whistles. Jada was quickly there to comfort the anxious droid. “Yes, Artoo, you’re coming too. I wouldn’t think of leaving you behind again.”

“Anyway, as you can see, I brought you young Jedi this fine shuttle to take you to Dathomir. It’s been outfitted with the latest mini-deflector-shield generator available. It should protect you well enough for your needs. I’ll be returning to Coruscunt with the smuggler and the senator in the senator’s ship.”

The shuttle that Master Durron brought was a new class of ships known for its advanced maneuverable capabilities, and its speed. The shuttle was shaped like the head of a Vulture, hence its nickname: Vulture Run. There was a thin window strip, as the ships ‘eyes’, which gave the pilots a wide perspective of their surroundings. It was a very small ship, with only the bare necessities; it was not meant for long treks around the galaxy. It was perfect for what they needed.

The Royal Yacht was well on its way to Coruscant. With them on their way, the Constantine and her two sister ships pressed on towards Dathomir. After a long journey, they were getting near the system. Not daring to capture any unwanted attention, the three Star Destroyers found a large moon to hide behind. From there, the three Jedi would take the Vulture Run the rest of the way to the dark planet.

Jada felt relieved to have Gideon out of her hair for once. She was able to relax, let her mental guard down, and enjoy not having to put up with his relentless bantering. She could enjoy a time of meditation and not have to worry about him barging into her quarters and interrupting her. Even now, as she, the Solo brothers, and Artoo were on their way to the shuttle, she was enjoying the calm, soothing atmosphere that came with being around fellow Jedi. She did not have to worry about him trying to dominate the conversation, or pop-up where she least expected.

Their small group walked up the ramp at the stern of the ship. Anakin stayed behind to raise it up and seal the hatch as the other two walked to the door at the opposite end of the passenger cabin. The door slid open as if it was activated by motion. If that was the case or not, there was no telling, because standing inside the cockpit cabin was the last person any of them expected to see. “It’s about time we get things going! I take it that we’re ready to head out?”

It took every ounce of inner-strength not to lose her temper. “Gideon! What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be on your way to Coruscant!”

“And do what; twiddle my thumbs?” he shrugged. “Besides, you three need a decent pilot to get you to Dathomir, and I’m your guy.”

The three Jedi looked at each other dumbfoundingly. Their minds were still reeling over how he could be standing in front of them. “All three of us are probably better pilots than you, when you take to account our ability to use the Force.”

“Now, hey, there’s no need to get personal here,” He said solemnly. Jada could not tell if he was playing around or not; for a no-Force user, he hid his emotions very well. “I’ll pilot us down, and you three can prepare yourselves for whatever you need to prepare for. Now that we’ve got that settled, let’s depart, shall we?”

Anakin smirked. He could not help but be reminded of his father; Gideon Mars acted very similar to him in many aspects. That’s what it was to be a Corellian smuggler. Jacen, on the other hand, was not thrilled with the idea in the least. “Master Durron has to be fuming by now,” he mumbled in surrender.

Realizing that she was outnumbered, she had no choice but to surrender as well. Whether she liked it or not, he had to come with them; she was not willing to put Admiral Barkley in danger if a sneak attack occurred in an attempt to kill him. He needed Jedi protection, and unfortunately, she was going to have to continue serving as his body guard. With a sigh of disgust, she joined him in the cockpit while Anakin and Jaces remained in the passenger cabin.

Darth Krull and Darth Bison entered Sithious’ chamber. They had not been summoned, and that was dangerous to their well-being. They heard of their masters orders to allow the Jedi and the smuggler to escape, and they knew that their time had now come. They were convinced that he was a weak master, having failed, yet again. If he had sent them, from the beginning, the lady Jedi would have been dead by now.

They stood before their master, refusing to kneel before him. There was no trying to fool the Sith Master into a false sense of loyalty; there was no doubt that he already knew why they had come before him. Sithious turned his chair to face his two apprentices. "Why am I being confronted by my two apprentices without being summoned?”

"We want the lady Jedi! Send us to kill her!" Darth Bison replied. It was an ultimatum they knew would go unanswered. They might as well tell him why he was about to die.

"And why should I explain my actions to you, my dimwitted apprentices?”

"You’ve failed us! Three times youve allowed her to escape." Darth Krull Sneered. "Your actions are getting in the way of the Sith rising to power. You are weak and incompetent. You must be replaced!"

The Dark lord’s eyes pierced their souls, as if he was reading their abilities. "You two are not ready, therefore, I will not oblige. If you continue on this course, my foolish friends, you will die.” He emerged from his chair in defiance. There was no fear in his eyes, only unbridled confidence; it was enough to unnerve even the two apprentices. Surely he had to realize that he was outnumbered?

Kartel was not Force-sensitive, but even he could sense the suffocating thickness of the tension that was in that room. Feeling out of place and in grave danger, he turned to exit out of the chambers. He was more than willing to leave those two fools to their own demise; he wanted no part of what was to happen. “No, stay!” Sithious’s voice halted his attempt. He knew that he was going to be forced to watch this.

The dark lord’s eyes never departed from his two apprentices as he walked down the three steps and towards them. “If you seek to take my place then you must strike me down."

"Then thats, exactly, what we’ll do." The two of them pulled out their lightsabers and ignited their red blades.

They raised their weapons in position to strike, yet the master showed no signs of resistance; he was making himself an open and easy target. He closed his eyes for a brief second before they shot back open. His human eyes were replaced by eyes that filled both apprentices with fear. His eyes were completely blood-red in color. His yellow moon-slit pupils looked back and forth between the two of them. Those were eyes not belonging to any normal Sith lord, but to some kind of demon.

His body began to cringe, almost as if his body was building up for an explosion. Faint, green streaks of electricity started to encase his entire body. The intensityincreased rapidly. It was as if his body could no longer contain the Force that was starting to seep through his skin.

When the build-up had reached its peak, the Force exploded like a solar storm. His horrific scream filled the air as he heaved his chest out and spread out his arms, as if he was giving up his spirit. Green bolts of electricity spewed out of his mouth like lava from a volcano.It spread out to form a dome around him.

The two apprentices and Kartel found themselves fighting against a wind from unknown source. All three were terrified; never in their lives had they seen such a display of power. Only now, were they realizing, that their master had not been exaggerating his powers. On the contrary, he was more powerful than he let on.

As Sithious screamed, a green mist exited out of his body from the mouth and nostrils. The mist did not evaporate, instead it gathered over him until it was all out. His lifeless body collapsed to the ground with a sickening thud. The lightning was now emanating from the mist and not the deceased body. Part of that mist began to take form of a skull, laughing at the apprentices’ expense. The god-like echo behind the laugh was dark and menacing.

Kartel was paralyzed from fear when he noticed the dark eye sockets were looking at him. He may not be a Sith like his master, Darth Krull, or Darth Bison; but even he knew, this was beyond any of them them. This was an ancient evil beyond the Sith and the Jedi.

Two streaks of electricity branched out from the mist and grabbed Kartel. “No, wait!” He pleaded as he was being pulled towards it. Everything Kartel did to try to escape its grasp, proved to be futile.

Pain rippled through his entire body as the electricity, that held him, burned the flesh on his body. The mist descended upon him, surrounding his head. It forced its way into his body through the mouth and nostrils. He gagged, as he felt his life being choked out of him.

His life faded out of existence. Opening his eyes, the same demonic eyes were once again staring down the two disturbed Sith apprentices. The electricity faded, as the transference was completed.

“Only now, when its too late, do you realize who I really am.”

The apprentices were both clearly unnerved by what they had just witnessed, but they were not going to admit defeat just yet. “Impressive, Master Sithious, but if I’m not mistaken, you just transferred yourself into a body incapable of accessing the powers of the Force.”

Sithious, now dwelling in Kartel’s body, looked at them almost out of pity. “Your limited minds blind you to the truth. I am not only immortal, but I have the power to manipulate midi-chlorians at will. Therefore, no matter who I posses, Jedi or not, my powers remain!”

With his fleshly hand, he threw two balls of green electricity at both apprentices, who stumbled backwards in flesh-burning agony. They both managed to stay on their feet and hold on to their weapons, but they knew that the attack was only for demonstration purposes.

“Now do you see who I am? I’ve been in this galaxy for millenniums! There’s been times that I’ve taken on physical forms like this, but it was I who whispered into the ears of all great Sith Lords of the past from the Emperor, himself, to Darth Bane and earlier. I am the one who twisted the midi-chlorians of a wretched slave girl on Tatooine and planted in her womb my greatest invention: Darth Vader. Everything that has happened in this galaxy in the past several millenniums happened at my design. I’m not a servant of the dark side of the force... I AM the dark side!”

Sithious grinned as he continued his speech. He was not necessarily stalling for time as it was trying to decide the best method of disposing of them. “This Jedi, Skywalker, has proven to be bigger of a nuisance than I had anticipated. I’ve come to rid the galaxy of him, and wipe out the Jedi by my own hand. I will not allow you two to jeopardize that because of your self-deluded egos.”

The two apprentices had nothing to lose. They knew the longer they waited to move, the least likely they were going to win. They charged at him with their blades raised over their shoulders. Sithious twisted his human wrist and their lightsabers deactivated. Before they knew it, their weapons disintegrated back into a handful of parts. Now, they were Sith Lords without any weapons.

Sithious pointed his fleshly palm at Darth Krull and a massive wave of fire swooshed over the unexpected apprentice, engulfing his entire body. Screaming in sheer agony, all attempts to put out the flames failed. The heat was so intense, Darth Bison had to step away from his partner in crime. Falling to his knees, no relief came as the fire ate him alive. Being a Gen'Dai, it was nearly impossible to kill him; his species could regenerate even if their head had been cut off. Unfortunately for him, there was going to be no regeneration for him this time. The flames were so intense that his body was being completely incinerated. His flesh could not recover from this kind of damage. In not time, his corpse fell to the ground as the fire continued to eat away at the remains.

Desperate to escape with his life, Darth Bison tried to use the Force to throw his former master across the room, but it was as if the Force had abandoned him. He was completely cut off from the Force. It swiftly dawned on him that Sithious was responsible for severing his access in the Force. When his body began to convulse, he realized he was doing more than just cutting of his Sith abilities; he was fooling around with his body at a cellular level.

His mouth instantly became dry, and his skin became desiccated and cracked. All the moisture in his body was evaporating in a rush. His strength was leaving him just as quickly as dehydration settled in. His muscles shrunk. And his hair turned white. He looked liked an old man, as he his bones became brittle and his body looked like nothing more than a skeleton wrapped in a thin layer of flesh. Darth Bison could no longer carry what little body weight he still had and he fell to the groan, moaning. Upon his defeat, death came quickly to him. Right there on the floor, the apprentice’s body shriveled up until there was nothing left but a fragile skeletal frame.
  25. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay, we're back! [face_dancing]

I’m not a servant of the dark side of the force... I AM the dark side!

Delusions of grandeur?

Great chapter, MrJop!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade