main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Star Wars: Battle Royale post no.2 -

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by A_man_called_Hero, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_man_called_Hero

A_man_called_Hero Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey everyone!

To everyone who replied to my first post, thankyou for your interest. I apologise for not replying but I've been very busy of late.but I will be writing to all of you shortly =)

For the uninitated, Star Wars: Battle Royale is a fan film that I'm currently planning. My fan film is a hybrid of "Star Wars" and the Japanese cult movie "Battle Royale" directed by Kinji Fukasaku.
    (To explain BR in a nutshell, it's about a high school class that get put onto an island and forced into a three day deathmatch)

The following is a synopsis that I've written.

Star Wars: Battle Royale
    It is a dark time for the republic. As the newly coronated EMPEROR PALPATINE rises to power, any opposition to his new regime is being swiftly crushed.

To make absolute its control of the galaxy,
    The EMPIRE initiates the BATTLE ROYALE program, which sees young Jedi forced to kill each other off not only as part of the great purge, but to find candidates for the EMPEROR's personal dark Jedi.

DARTH VADER, dark lord of the Sith, has
    personally taken control of one such
    BATTLE ROYALE. And he has his own plans
    for one of the participants.....

SW: BR begins with an Imperial shuttle is flying towards a distant planet, inside is Darth Vader.
    A transmission comes from the planet informing Darth Vader that the arrangments for Battle Royale are in place and that they're awaiting his arrival.
    On the planet, a group of young padawans awake from a drug-induced sleep, to find that they have been captured to participate in Battle Royale.

Darth Vader, with his second in command General Aurelius are co-ordinating the game. Flanked by stormtroopers, Darth Vader explains the object of Battle Royale and introduces two "Guest participants", A mysterious dark jedi and a disgraced Imperial guardsman called Dax Shokawa
    to the group.
    Darth Vader also points out that each padawan has been fitted with a collar that monitors their location. It can also explode if they attempt to escape.
    The group initially refuses to believe the situation they're in and act in defiance. Darth Vader casually force chokes one padawan to death to enforce their obedience.

The rules of Battle Royale are simple:

? It lasts three days

? Each player starts out with food, water and a "weapon"

? If more than one player is alive after three days, everyone dies

? There is no escape

As the roll call begins, one by one each padawan takes a backpack and stumbles away towards death or murder. Some reaffirm their friendships, others gesture in solidarity against the Empire, while one refuses a backpack adamant not to participate. As the central character, Siann takes her backpack, She takes one last look at her peers, sensing that the dark side is going to tear them apart.
    As the walks through the zone, Siann barely has time to look at her equipment before a
    padawan attacks her with a Gaffi stick.
    In the struggle that follows, Siann inadvertently kills the boy. Confused and angry, Siann vows to survive, and to outwit the Empire's sick experiment by finding a way to escape with her friends.

As the game progresses, terror and panic challenges the padawan's fragile trust in each other.
    Some embrace the dark side, blindly striking down anyone who crosses their path. Others form alliances, hoping for a peaceful solution with multiple survivors or setting out to create an escape. Against this tapestry of violence, hope and fear, Siann forms an unlikely alliance with Dax Shokawa.
    Despite the game's brutality, the adolescent jedi struggle to deal with crushes, petty grudges, their dreams and their feelings toward the Jedi code.
    But as the game approaches its shocking final stages, even this semblance of normality disintegrates.

I'd like to hear everyone's thought about my synopsis and if you're interested in being involved, please write to me at A_man_called_HeroHua@Hotmail.com or reply to this post

2. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    One thread is enough.

GOD....please lock this thread.

3. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I was just planning on deleting it - he spammed it across multiple forums again. [face_plain]

If you want it closed, though, I'll do that.

Btw...if you could TELL me about this stuff, I'd appreciate it - I don't check everything, you know. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.