main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Star Wars: Battle Royale, SW fan film looking for extras and to hire props =)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWBR_Director, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWBR_Director

SWBR_Director Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm currently co-directing my debut film called "Star Wars: Battle Royale" which is an experimental fanfilm combining Star Wars and the Japanese cult film Battle Royale.
    I'm funding this fanfilm personally (And it's not as expensive as I thought it would be!) and we'll be holding our international launch at Supanova 2007 in Sydney, Australia.

The premise of SWBR plays on the idea that what if during the attack on the Jedi temple in ROTS that the padwans and younglings weren't killed but captured to participate in the "Battle Royale" program devised by Emperor Palpatine to find candidates for the Emperors hands.

The rules for BR are as follows:

- the program lasts for 24 hours
    - Each participant has a collar around their neck that will detonate if someone attempts to escape.
    - during the course of the program, collars will activate at random. The person wearing an activated collar has a brief time period to register a kill. If they do, the collar turns off. If they don't. the collar detonates.
    - Each participant receives a random weapon. Some may be lucky to get a lightsaber, most won't be
    - At the end of the 24 hour period, if there's more than one participant alive, all the collars will be detonated and no one will survive BR.

What I'm looking for is the following:
    - 20 random weapons (suggestions welcome)
    - 6 Stormtroopers, 3 Imperial officers, 1 Darth Vader
    - Around 14 Jedi
    - Jedi costumes

The dates for filming SWBR will take place in June over 3 weekends. The dates are as follows:

Weekend 1: June 16-17th
    Weekend 2: June 23-4th
    Weekend 3: June 30th-July 1st

Jedi, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers and Imperial Officers will be needed for the June 16-17 shoot as we'll be filming the opening scene of SWBR which is the biggest scene in the film.
    We'll only be needing the Imperials just for weekend 1. Jedi will be needed for weekends 2 & 3
    Mick also advised me that there are stormtroopers who want to double as Jedi. This is ok as we'll use clever editing to show you both as a Jedi AND stormtrooper

Anyone volunteering as a Jedi will need to make themselves available for at least 2 of those weekends. I'll be providing catering and snacks so you won't be going hungry and I'll be reimbursing people who can carpool.

Please let me know by May 30th as to what character you want to play and what props and/or/ costumes you can provide.

and further enquiries can be forwarded to: Extremecomedian@yahoo.com ro 0432-485-316

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I haven't used my Jedi costume for about five years now. I'm mildly interested...

I'm too lazy to email, but if you come back and check in on this thread, can you tell us where this is being shot?

3. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    random weapons:

sling shot

slinky

potato gun

guitar

wooden spoon

"death" metal thingy that is sharp and yargh - don't bother commenting on this one, i am extremely tired

paintball guns

water balloons

fly spray

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    All you need is:

Paperclip

Rubberband

Pocket Knife

and you'll be all set for a MacGyver revival.

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    BFG. Enough said.

But seriously, sounds like a fun little concept there. Unfortunately my Jedi costume isn't in Sydney, so I can't help there. However, I guess I can throw my hat in the ring for any other assistance required (here it comes) ... have you got a script? :p

6. SWBR_Director

Apr 26, 2005
    Here's an update of our rehearsal and shooting times. Once your involvement has been registered, I'll sned you the script by email.

Sat 9th June, 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Costumes Required: All Sydney-based JEDI characters
    Location: Harbord, home of DOP (director of photography), address TBA
    Notes:
    - General information day, script rehearsal and planning.

Sat 16 June, 9:00am - 5:00pm (or later if required)
    Costumes Required: EVERYONE!!! Including JEDI, VADER, TKs, OFFICERS
    Notes:
    - Primary day of filming
    - Filming will start at 10am, attend and get ready from 9am
    - Coffee, biscuits, lunch and drinks provided (no need to bring lunch)
    - There is parking on site, plus street parking
    - For those catching public transport there will be a large group meeting at Central Station between 8.00-8.15am outside the newsagency at the main entrance. This group will all walk together to the community centre.
    - Jedi costumes can be black, but there are to be no costumes that are ALL black. If you have a black or dark Jedi costume please try and mix some lighter colours with your outfit.

Sun 17 June, 8:00am onwards (early finish to accommodate Ben's flight)
    Costumes Required: Ben and Rena only
    Notes:
    - Transport will be arranged for Ben and Rena and they will be picked up and taken to the site for filming with the other primary (non-Novus) actors

Sat 23 June and Sun 24 June
    Costumes Required: Nil extras or Novus costumes required.
    Notes:
    - Henry and the production members have allowed for Novus Ordo to attend the Kidsflix event and made arrangements for no filming to be required from us on this weekend.

Sat 30 June and Sun 1 July
    Costumes Required: Sydney Jedi to be on standby, depending on whether previous two weeks of filming is complete.
    Notes:
    - If possible, Sydney-based Jedi to be on standby during this time to allow for any possible filming that may be required.

Ok now Henry requires a confirmation by the end of this week as to who is still available.

Please post your name, costume and availability below again (even if you have posted before) just to confirm that you are still interested and in a position to attend. If you do not post your name below I will assume you no longer wish to take part.

7. SWBR_Director

Apr 26, 2005
    Just a post to let you all know that a draft of the SWBR script is available for review to those wanting to be involved in the fanfilm =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.