main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star wars battlefront 2 vs. Republic commando

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord_of_pies, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    1-Shadows of the Empire
    2-Battlefront II
    3-Dark Forces
    4-Battlefront
    5-Lego Star Wars

Those are my top 5.

2. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    On the subject of top 5 Star Wars games here is my list:

1 -- KOTOR
    2 -- Shadows of the Empire
    3 -- KOTOR 2
    4 -- Battlefront 2
    5 -- Republic Commando

Now to get back on subject
    Thats right, Battlefront 2 is listed higher than Republic Commando. So what does that tell you? Quite whining about how I say aspects of RC are better than BF2. I love BF2 more than I do RC, but there are many things in RC that are better than Battlefront 2. Things such as story, AI/Difficulty, and music.

In terms of overall Star Wars experience however, I believe Battlefront 2 is better in that department.

3. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Republic Commando...Totally better than Battlefront2...Battlefront2 sucks tbh...Just dont like it...Handles too bulky...

4. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Exactly, it all boils down to opinion & needs as gamers. I play SW games with my son & Fiance's son - they're both pushing 7 now. Whereas I love the KOTOR games, they can't sit through watching me walk arond Taris for hours.
    So that's where games like Battlefront I & II and Lego Star Wars comes in.
    It's all what fits individual needs when you break it down.

5. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    I see what you're saying, but does that mean that just because you're kid(s) likes to watch you play BF2 more than KOTOR. Does that mean that BF2 is a better game?

Like I said before, think outside of the box and not so biased/tunnel vision. I HATE FPS games. The only ones I enjoy are Halo, Halo 2, and GoldenEye and I also enjoyed RC but not as much as Halo games or GoldenEye. However I hold Republic Commando as one of the better Star Wars games to come out in the past 5 or 6 years.

The reason why I say that is because I see a lot of "I'm not into RPGs, I like 3rd Person action shooters more." But that doesn't mean that all 3rd Person action shooters are better than all RPGs. You may enjoy them more or your kid(s) may enjoy watching you play them more. But that doesn't generally mean they're better.

I like Final Fantasy 8 more than Final Fantasy 7 but I'm still unbiased enough to say that FF7 is still a better game than 8. I enjoyed playing FF8 more and got more satisfication out of it than FF7. However FF7 did have a better story and was better put together with less bugs and whatnot. Overall FF7 is better than FF8, but I enjoy FF8 better.

I enjoy playing with the Carolina Panthers in Madden 06, however the Panthers aren't the best team in Madden 06, ratings wise its the Eagles and the Patriots.

So thats what this thread is about. Not which game you enjoyed more or which games your kids love to play or watch you play. But which game is better.

And to say it, I enjoy playing Republic Commando more, I got initial chills while playing it, going through the levels and interacting with my squad, and being over-whelmed with the great music. However BF2 in my mind is just slightly better than RC.

The thing is though we are naturally biased. We are automatically going to pick the game we like more as the better game. Yeah...you like it more, but that doesn't mean its a better game.

I mean if a guy said that he enjoys playing BF1 and gets more satisfication out of it than BF2. He just didn't like the direction that was taken with BF2 and prefers the orignal. Does that mean that BF1 is a better game? He enjoyed it more, but generally BF2 is better than BF1.

6. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    No, no - they don't watch, they play BFI & II, Lego Star Wars, JO, JA. My kids are damn good at games too and I really enjoy the extra bonding time with them.
    There's a place for all of these games, that's all I'm saying.

7. Lord_of_pies

Lord_of_pies Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    I know who likes kotor it's some old cheesy make of fable

8. Lord_of_pies

Lord_of_pies Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    Thats in your oppinion Lord fraco thats only your

9. DroidGeneral

Jun 22, 2005
    you seem to have a problem with grammar and finnishing your sentences.

That's your opinion Lord Draco.

See how easy that was?

10. KILLER-CLONE

KILLER-CLONE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Let's just clear this up:
    Firstly KOTOR is NOT the best SW game ever. Far from it. I played it thru but from the first few hours in I was already keen to get it over with. Too slow, not enough variety.

BF1 is way ahead of KOTOR. BF2 is ahead of BF1 but there's enough things unique to BF1 that'll see me going back to it.

Haven't played Rep Commando but will be sure to give it a bash.

And for the record Halo1&2 thrash KOTOR.

Bring on BF3 for the Xbox360.

11. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    it's a shame you feel that way killer we all have personal opinions they say that grand thef auto is the best game ever i don't think it is.

12. KILLER-CLONE

Sep 28, 2005
    GTA is a damn fine game. But far from the best. Again it all comes down to taste and what you personally wanna get out of a game. For me, I like to be able to flick on the Xbox or PS2 and be into the action within a minute. So First Person shooters like Halo & Doom3 and Third Person shooters like BF and GTA rock my world. I just don't have the patience for stop/start games like KOTOR. Having said that, Baulders Gate on the PS2 kicked arse.

I gotta get into Rep Commando. Might hire it this weekend.

13. MasterJedi-OliverR

MasterJedi-OliverR Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2004
    I know this will generate much debate..
    -Obi Wan, Clone Wars 2

WOW, I got into a conversation today with a friend of mine whos buying an x-box at this moment...
    RC and BF2 ARE DIFFRENT GAMES!!!!!!
    HOW MANY times do people have to explain that here!!!

and no. Its not some "lame" excuse.

Lets look at the facts:
    Bf2-
    Mass multiplayer game, where theres dozens of people on the field, huge firefights, and explosions everywhere. I agree, the BoC really is'nt the BoC, but it still has the ship(s) and the music and is alright...although, they could make a game where they could some how fit that many ships- but thats wayyy to much to ask for...mabe we should wait for the x-box 360/ Ps3
    RC-
    A single player game, with you COMMANDING (directly!) a team of highly trained soldiers trained to eliminate and to basicly do what our special forces do today, work behind the scenes of a battle, not in it, acklthough RC does have its moments...

So I guess you can put the games together...think of both of them together...one fighting the big battle above ground, and the other game as a behind the scenes helping the ground guys game...
    intresting topic.

BTW:
    EDIT

MY LIST:

KOTOR
    BF 2
    TPM (i know this will genorate much debate-lol)
    BF
    JSF
    SF
    LEGO SW
    KOTOR 2
    OBI-WAN
    I got way more-but thats it

14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I have both Republic Commando and BATTLEFRONT 2, BF2 I've played non-stop for days and it still hasn't got boring.

I played Rep Commando for about 3 hours and haven't played it since.

Nuff said - BATTLEFRONT 2 kicks arse all over Rep Commando

15. Blood-Rifle

Blood-Rifle Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    :confused: ... not sure...:confused: well, even if it's Rep Commado, who care's! BF2 all the way!:D

16. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I think you should take your own advice and be a little less biased. How can you possibly say that one game is better than another? By who's standard are you going by? And even if you pick a standard that is supposedly more popular than another, who's to say that it's right? Millions of Germans felt that Hitler was the best leader for their country. Were they right? ;)

You see, this is why I don't give a care about movie or game critics. I will play the game/watch the movie and decide for myself if the game/movie is good or not. It's all a matter of opinion and no one can dictate which game/movie is better than another. If they think that they can, all they are doing is trying to force their opinion onto other people. Such attitudes are ludicrous, IMO. If you don't think that BF2 is better than RC or vice versa, that's totally fine and you are entitled to your opinion but don't try to tell anyone else that their opinion is wrong. The concept of "the best" is totally a matter of opinion. That's all I'm saying.

17. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Then explain why KOTOR is #3 on the Xbox list on Gamerankings.com with an average score of like 94.2%

Then explain why KOTOR won like 130+ Awards with 30 of those being Game of the Year Awards.

Then explain why when I asked people here which would they rather have, KOTOR 3 or BF3. Explain why 30+ people said KOTOR and only about 5 said BF3?

Then explain why when someone here asked us what was our favorite Star Wars game. Explain why KOTOR 3 was picked more than any other game....by a large margin.

18. DroidGeneral

Jun 22, 2005

Thats what a bunch of gaming critics think. Didnt you say so yourself that its what the individual thinks that counts? Remember when I posted the reviews of BF2 to give everyone a general idea and you said "I don't care about what they think. It's what matters to the individual gamer."

19. RC-0505

RC-0505 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2005
    ...i kinda like RC a little better

20. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    k

That is pretty obvious by the avatar you sport and sig you sport. ;)

Speaking of your sig, you speak of RC2. Honestly I don't thing we'll see a Republic Commando 2 or a Imperial Commando game. Thats just me though and I think its sad. A Imperial Commando game set between EP3 and EP4 would be a great game. Maybe it could feature a special group of Storm Troopers who goes off and fight off the Rebel Resistance.

Then again, I could be wrong and Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando could be in the works as we speak.

21. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004

I don't know, it kind of seems inapprorpiate to have an Imperial Commando game. At least with Republic Commando, you're playing the good guys. But it would be different if they were actually doing evil things. And then joking about it as they do it...

22. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I've said before and I'll say it again - the nerds who vote for awards and such are one statistic.

The important one is the sales and we all know which game got more people to fork out hard earnt cash don't we....

BATTLEFRONT 2!

:)

23. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Don't you know nothing kotor came first.

24. KILLER-CLONE

Sep 28, 2005
    no.

25. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    no.
    [/quote]

Because you can't.

And LANDO-ROCKS, what is it with you and sales being the #1 factor in judging the games quality? Like Plo-Koom stated in another thread, if you want to go by sells then I guess you believe Titanic is the best movie ever made. I guess you also suppose that if BF2 fails to sell as much as BF1, I guess you believe that BF1 is a better game than BF2. And we all know that BF2 is so many steps ahead of BF1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.