main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I assumed that levels beyond 50 would mean new unlocks.

Maybe it's an incorrect assumption. Or maybe not.

2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think it's time for me to take a break from Battlefront. It's not you it's me. There's someone else....her name is Disney Infinity 3.0 TFA. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!

In all seriousness I love battlefront so much and will probably still be playing tonight but I am excited to play the TFA campaign of DI3.0. I got the Starter Pack and Kylo figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Seeing The Force Awakes hypes me up to play on Jakku again...

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Night of Battlefront started out rough but ended with me getting enough points to buy my scout trooper skin. I'll probably be sticking to Duros/Scout Trooper until they add some new skins in future updates.

5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    vw_jedi likes this.
  6. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I am on Xbox one and have never had server issues or less than near full games. I thought it was just pc that was having trouble?

Anyways I'm rank 41. Hope to get on for a bit tonight and catch the end of 2x points.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Same, but I'm on PS4, the largest community. But still, never have I not gotten into a game, and every time I do it's mostly full.

I do think matchmaking is a little bugged, though. As sometimes it'll say "finding 20% full servers", yet I get thrown in a full game.

8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    After a few weeks off, I decided to give the game another go and see how it has progressed. It's at the point now where most players who fly around in air vehicles in Walker Assault are too good at it now, which resulted in me dying 15 times with three minutes because they kept killing me at my spawn area. Once I thought I finally had gotten out of the spawn kill zone, I was shot in the back by a sniper who is sitting behing our spawn on the download blockade runner. I quit the game and decided to join a capture game, but everyone was running around with DL-44, so I whenever I turned a corner I get killed in two shots by an enemy player. I quite the game and decided to try some Fighter Squadron, but got put on the Imperials. Once we lost 200 to 47 in the one minute of the game I played, I just shut the game off and uninstalled it.

So this is what Battlefront has come to? This is just lazy game design at it's finest and it has resulted in nothing more than a poor, cash grab that survives purely on nostalgia. I'm done. Star Wars is better than this and I do not feel any game deserves to have a pass just because it's Star Wars. I'm done.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. Anakin_Prime

Feb 27, 2005
    Get into HvV mode. The balance is pretty good, and a lot of fun. Especially when the other modes start getting frustrating. Which they do! I used to only play supremacy, now mainly HvV.

10. Tipoca

Tipoca Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2014
    I am extremely impatient for a Kylo Ren DLC. I'll buy it as soon a its out.

11. Nyro87

Nyro87 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2015

Use the auto pistol(forgot its name) with explosive shot. It destroys Dl-44 users .

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

When the option is available, I always try to spawn by a "partner". Usually gets you right into the action, and you're probably out of harm's way....probably.

13. Anakin_Prime

Feb 27, 2005
    Get ready to be disappointed. Just saw EA confirmed NO TFA content in this game. Or prequel content either...

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Figured there wouldn't be. The way I see it is Battlefront 2 will be prequels in 2017, then in 2019, after Episode 9 is released,mBattlefront 3 will be sequel content. That's how I'd do it anyway.

And what the hell, the hacker group Lizard Squad DoS'd the EA servers and now no one can play Battlefront... And now they're targeting the PSN and XBox servers like last year. Some people really need to get a life.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

If there's any consolation on the hack attack possibilities, maybe Sony and/or Microsoft will offer free games to compensate for the issues like they did a few years ago.

16. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    So a bit of background on myself. I was a pretty active gamer in the early 2000s. I was a big fan, and pretty good, at CS 1.5 and 1.6. Then life happened as it tends to do and I got married and started having kids so I did not have that much time for games. Fast forward and the only gaming I did in between has been some Wii and WiiU with the kids. My kids have moved on to various PC games and xbox 360. Well for Hanukkah this year my boys at first wanted a xbox one but then started leaning toward the PS4. My wife thought why not just go with the one because she figured it would be an easy transition coming from the 360. Well the kids pushed for the PS4 more and I knew that FF7 was being remade for it and there was no way I was going to miss out on my favorite game of all time. So I "caved in" and told my wife lets just get the PS4. The bonus was I really wanted to play Battlefront. So I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and I can say it is so different playing this game compared to CS on the PC. Controlling your movement with the mouse doesn't even compare to using a joystick. I cannot master this thing to save my life. I have got better but man I think joining into this game late has really put me behind the 8 ball. I still enjoy it but it maybe because I haven't played any type of FPS in the last 10 years so I don't know any better? There are certain parts of the game I can't stand which look to be a common problem based on this thread so I'm in good company I guess.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I don't understand your post. First off, what is the game "CS" you're referring to? Second, if I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that it's more difficult to control your movement with a joystick than with a mouse? I think for every 500 people you ask that same question (which is easier to use for controlling movement in a game), you might get 5 people picking the mouse.

18. Boski

May 19, 2005

Counter-Strike. Perhaps you were to young during those days? And yes I think a keyboard + mouse is far superior for control than a controller for a FPS.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm 38 years old, and on top of that, FFVII my favorite game of all time too. Outside of the original Battlefront games (and to a lesser degree, Medal of Honor for the Playstation), war games never really interested me. And Battlefront was never meant to be strictly a FPS. That's why they give you an option to switch between 3rd and 1st. If you watch streaming videos, most people play the game in 3rd person mode.

20. Boski

May 19, 2005

Yea I'm playing in 3rd person as well. I think its just been such a big shock to me not having evolved as the games did and playing with a controller. Again still having lots of fun its just coming up on the learning curve has been a pain.

Can't wait for FFVII. I'm not sure how the episodic thing is going to work out. Again its strange for me thinking I'll have a game and then have to wait for other chapters to come out afterwards. Its like I've been trapped in a sleep and just awakened. My kids are like thats a DLC.......back in the day when you bought the game you owned the entire game.

21. AdamDemamp

AdamDemamp Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2015

I hate to be THAT guy, but what did you expect man? It's an online fps that losers dedicate their lives to, and high school kids play until 8am with their friends. It was bound to happen that the same obnoxious crowd that infuriated CoD with the quickscoping would be looking to do the same with Battlefront. The obnoxious thing I've been seeing is people perching up on a vantage point as Boba Fett. Anyway it's still not all that bad for an FPS, you just have to have a strategy to your gameplay- read personal shield/ion missile for those airborne losers.

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

NO TFA CONTENT, ORIGINAL TRILOGY ONLY

THE HITS KEEP ON COMING

23. Sunrider7

Sunrider7 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    Is this game really worth playing and fun? I was a huge fan of BF2, although i never played its multiplayer. I hate the whole deal with EA and its paid DLC, but i can be an hypocrat if it is Star Wars what we are talking about.

24. Nyro87

Nyro87 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2015

Was Jakku in the original trilogy?

25. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    As a huge Star Wars fan and gamer, I say just rent this game. It is in no way worth a purchase in it's current state.

Nope, but seeing as it's almost exactly like Tatooine of course DICE wouldn't have to actually try to add in a new planetary map. But it's been confirmed on both the EA Star Wars Facebook and Twitter pages now that there will be no prequel or sequel content coming to the current game (meaning heroes/villains, weapons, and skins). What a disappointing game.