main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Anyone else think we should've had Bossk as a villain for Bespin?

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    That would be my bet, for the Death Star DLC it would be Old Ben and Bossk.

At a push maybe Tarkin?

Remind me the other set hasn't been announced right?..

They could do a Rogue One set

ROGUE ONE RUMOUR
    and have a Bounty Hunter in that, if certain rumours are to be believed.

They could do a Rebels DLC but it maybe too big. I was thinking:
    Heroes: Kanan, Ahsoka, Sabine, Hera
    Villains: Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Fifth Brother, Maul

Maps: Lothal Capital City, Lothal Jedi Temple, Malachor, Imperial Star Destroyer, Lothal farm/ grasslands, Imperial Base.

Ships: The Ghost, The Phantom, Tie Advanced MK 1, Lothal Tie/Early Tie, tonnes of Speeder bikes, AT-DP, Rebels AT AT.

Heck it could be a game on it's own.

SensationalSean likes this.
  3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Glorious though this sounds, Rogue One DLC is more likely. I'd buy a full Rebels expansion in any case!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Usually when I think of Dengar, the only thing that comes to mind is this Robot Chicken skit.

5. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I watched that just last night.

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

6. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I would be even more excited if Dengar's Battlefront personality was based on this and Bossk wore a tux.

7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
  8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Well it's not as if they're opposed to adding stuff from Rebels. They've already added the T7 ion disruptor, the X-8 Night Sniper, and are adding Zeb/Kallus's bo rifle in a Hutt Contract.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I have to admit, the Bespin trailer looked awesome.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  10. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Not exactly happy that my favorite mode, Walker Assault, has been reduced to 32 players for the Bespin DLC. I assume they had their reasons or they wouldn't have done it. Hoping I don't notice a difference. I guess we'll see how it pans out in a few days.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Bespin is probably my favourite location after Hoth in the games. The trailer looked great.

12. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    The map size is probably suitable for that many players, at least I'm hoping. As much as I've seen I think it looks great but ultimately won't know if it feels and plays great with that team size.

13. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, who's excited about the upcoming Bespin-pack! It certainly looks awesome!
    To be honest, I haven't played Battlefront for a while, but I picked it up again yesterday to get back in the swing of things - just in time for the City in the Clouds!

It does sound like an odd decision. I'm thinking, perhaps DICE cut the number of players in an attempt to make sure teams are easier to fill for the DLC? On the other hand, I don't think they would have reason to worry about that if they had given the fans of the bigger modes something to enjoy in the previous DLC in the first place. I'm certainly looking forward to a new round of Walker Assault!

What do you guys think about the new mode "Sabotage"?

14. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Will wait to play but slightly annoyed they're adding another mode. Dlc splits the population but so does game modes. Sabotage will bring multiplayer up to 12 modes. That's a lot. Many of which are just variations of cap this objective. I'm hoping they streamline Battlefront 2 with just four core modes - WA, Turning Point, Extraction and another small map mode. 12 is just excessive.

15. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    Bespin looks absolutely glorious. looks like a prequel location the way its so pristine

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  16. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Bespin is going to be fun!

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well put in perspective, I'd be happy that Bespin even has Walker Assault. If you would've told me there'd be AT-ATs on Cloud City a couple months ago, I'd laugh at you.

18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    After the uproar of every map being CQC in the Outer Rim DLC, I don't think they had much choice but to bring AT-ATs to Bespin. Lol...

I'm just hoping that it still seems like you're playing wave after wave of troops and the grand scale and chaos of the larger map battles doesn't feel diminished.

The reason it concerns me is that plenty of times when I play multiple people will quit after a round (if their team loses), and you can feel it the next round before they repopulate. I can tell when it's not 20v20. It feels kind of like a ghost town on the larger maps. I call those, "lazy rounds," because I can sight see, explore, etc. Rather than being on guard and fighting from start to finish.

I'm thinking they may have adjusted the scale of the map a slightly to push the fighting to a more concentrated area.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Next thing you know they'll have Walker Assault on the Death Star DLC :rolleyes:

20. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I think that's the exact approach that they've taken.slightly smaller map and teams - more concentrated action less running back to the objective. I found the other day when my spawn on partner option was bugging I'd take almost a minute to get back into the fray. I'd just pray as I ran that I didn't get pulse rifle'd just as I got back into the action as it was a long run back.

21. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I could definitely do with less running after a spawn. But it's kind of a double edged sword. Closer to the action, more spawn camping. Further away, more wasted time and opportunity for snipers.

So far watched quite a bit of gameplay on the new maps. They look very cool. Some recycled elements, as to be expected. And perhaps a but too sanitary looking for an environment that's supposed to be under attack? But excellent looking none the less. Also looks like the took one of my favorite modes, Drop Zone, and made a version with more players than 6v6? Unless I'm going crazy, I do think I saw something like that...

22. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
  23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I did tell you that!
    I said that BF3 was going to do that and it will probably be done for this game.
    Same with the Royal Guards!

And I don't have any inside knowledge, I just guess and so far those guesses have been pretty accurate!

Say the Rebel Ship in the trailer, what mode is that? Can someone explain it too me?

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Urgh. Alright, EA, I'm your huckleberry. Gonna buy that Season Pass.

Bespin looks too good to pass up. And of course I want it now.

25. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    As a season pass holder who has been on the Bespin maps/modes this morning, I would advise you wait and see. Maybe even wait for a free play weekend or something. At the very least go read what's going on at the official BF forums before you purchase this DLC.

I don't want to go into it here because people on this forum get upset if you do anything but sing praises about this game. But I would say currently there are some legitimate concerns you should be aware of before you purchase. Some trivial and will only bother some folks. Others quite a bit more than trivial.

Most I will say is, "one step forward two steps back," seems to always be the DICE Battlefront mantra. And that holds true in Bespin as well.

Padme501st and Force Smuggler like this.