main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They said it at the EA panel, they even got a pic of Jyn and Krennic up on screen (The EW pics but still). But in case that isn't proof enough for you here's some Tweets confirming it :rolleyes:

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    No offense, but I love popping bubble boys. One of the highlights of the game when someone pops a shield after getting shot up, makes for an escape, and I hit them with a cycler round and finish them off.

3. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Is the Bespin DLC released to the general public yet? I've been wanting to get it but whenever I go to the store I'm always forced to just get the Season Pass which I don't want to get. I only wanna get the Bespin DLC

4. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Yup, been available to non season pass holders for at least a week or so now. I believe it's $15. USD by itself.

5. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Yeah I just went to the store and was able to purchase it separately. Looks very nice! I like the Fighter Squadron mode on Bespin

vw_jedi likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

FS has always been my favorite mode, and it looks like the Death Star DLC will feature the game's first true space battles; complete with Star Destroyers cruising in the background.

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  7. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Hopefully not just in the background ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well you know as well as I do that you're not gonna be able to fly them. It would be cool if you could board them and man the turrets; like how it was in the original games.

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  9. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Supposedly a trench run as well.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah the trench run looks cool too. Adds somewhat of an obstacle for fighters.

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  11. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I struggle flying in an open space!! Think I'll give the trench run a miss!

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Battlefront space battles as I remember it (PS2).

13. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    More links!
    http://www.vg247.com/2016/07/19/two...ar-wars-battlefront-bespin-dlc-are-coming-up/
    And apparently there's also http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/live-events which I didn't even know existed until the VG24/7 link above. :)

So basically, two Bespin tryout weekends are coming, first one is a month from now in August and next one in September. I hope this live events website gets more attention and care, because I don't know if it's been there from the start and I never knew, or if it's been cooked together more recently. It's great anyway that there's some way to tell what kind of special activity is ahead to be looked forward to, especially when the website has been a little slow to inform us of them taking place.

Ahsoka's Tano and Padme501st like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Death Star may be the first DLC I buy for Battlefront; but I'm still holding out hope that they cave in and allow for DLC purchases ala carte, where we can CHOOSE WHAT TO BUY from each pack, like a map and its modes.

15. srg

srg Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 26, 2016
    Any active PC players (preferably Europe) around? I have a question. Is it really so difficult to find a game due to small number of players? The Ultimate Edition is at a relatively reasonable price right now and I'm thinking about buying. But if matchmaking makes the game impossible then I'll have to pass on it...

16. shafty

Dec 4, 2014
    I'm loving the Bespin DLC, and the maps are all well populated on the ps4

17. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Well, I haven't really found it difficult myself, though at times there's a bit of waiting, rather than the queues being instant, but it's just been some few minutes for me. Bespin seems to be where most people are at right now, because those queues are really fast in comparison to the original and Outer Rim ones. But that's all just personal anecdotes, I suppose the mileage is going to vary some. I've been satisfied with the queues anyway.

To be sure about the purchase, I'd suggest trying https://www.origin.com/en-fi/store/free-games/trials first to take a personal look at how it is. It should give 4 hours on the original maps and modes. I imagine the Ultimate Edition is still relatively costly, so it might safer to just have a look and see. :)

18. srg

srg Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 26, 2016
    Thanks! Unfortunately the sale has just finished so they decided for me... I kind of regret it especially since I could request a refund in case of problems. As for the trial - it wouldn't answer my question fully, because I guess it's vanilla only.

Well. I'll keep an eye open for another discount. Maybe Force Friday or around Death Star release.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd look on eBay for used copies of the game. You could probably get the PC version for less than $20 now.

20. shafty

Dec 4, 2014
    I've been playing through some hutt contracts lately...Anyway a strange thing happened earlier.. some kind of unlock popped up on my screen saying "scout trooper unlocked" and a pic of its head, and since then all the rebel skins are unlocked (except Bespin guard) but no scout trooper? I'm only level 35!!??

Odd

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not understanding. You got a message that the Scout Trooper was unlocked; yet you're only Level 35 and when you checked all other skins were unlocked except the scout trooper? What about on the Rebels side? Do you have any species unlocked?

22. shafty

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes, but I think I know what it was now... It was the diorama figure for 250 headshots haha!

All my rebel skins are unlocked now though? Apart from the Bespin guy. I haven't had to pay for any with credits!

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Early on I saved my credits for the Twi'lek skin. I'm at level 62 now, and don't plan on getting another skin unless they release a Togrutan one :)

24. shafty

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes I remember you talking about it.

Next time you're on BF have a look at your rebels skins to see if yours are all unlocked. I might have got some kind of lucky glitch!

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'll look out for that.

shafty likes this.