main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Dennis from Dice says they are going to add more modes to the Death Star. Obviously going to be things like droid run, cargo etc.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    DLC to the DLC... Oh geez..

Darthmaul208, Larsonator and shafty like this.
  3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    That's great news. The DS interior maps are very fun. It's a minor tragedy that there's so few modes to enjoy them on right now.

On the plus side I've been brushing up on my fighter squadron chops lately. Actually able to get a kill or two here and there now and not crash into every asteroid in space. Lol...

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Not to brag, but by far among the easiest of the daily challenges are the vehicle kill ones. I always go into FS to clear it in a single match.

The Vanguard likes this.
  5. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    It's tough! They need to put headlights on the X-Wings like the one's Black Squadron had!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, (I know you will ;)
    Making maneuvers, in Battlefront II was there a cooldown before you could make another maneuver? I wish the current cooldown was half the time it is. I would love to cut through space and skies instead of the rigid boat driving it is now.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  7. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    There was no cool-down on the tricks in Battlefront II, and you still had some control during them. I don't mind how the ships are in Battlefront EA, but yeah - they are a bit too rigid at the moment.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think if they let you cool-down as much as you want, it would all the more difficult to get many kills in the game and eventually they'd nerf it anyway. I'd still like to see ground-to-space maps in a future Battlefront game. Even in the new Death Star DLC, it would be cool if you could fly around in the space battles and then board the battle station to engage in "ground" combat.

The Vanguard likes this.
  9. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Yes! Ahsoka's Tano!
    Running to a ship and taking off into space to battle was such a thrill. I hope they bring it back!

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

My favorite was in BF2, where you had multiple ways of supporting your team while fighting the enemy; you could board a fighter and dog-fight in space. You could crash-land (usually it took that) onto an enemy cruiser and storm your way in to take out the shields, and you could man your own cruiser's defenses (turrets) to support the fighters.

SuperPersch and The Vanguard like this.
  11. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    That was alwaaaaays the best. It's one thing lacking in the current FS because killing enemy fighters is almost useless. At least that's how it feels. In BF2 you knew you were contributing to the battle by either taking out fighters or boarding the enemy vessel to sabotage from the inside. It was a multi-dimensional game.

SuperPersch and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Remember flying the shuttle from your cruiser to the enemy cruiser, with virtually no defenses other than your friendly fighters supporting you? Now that was a heck of a challenge itself.

13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    TBH I forgot about that!
    There was no other feeling that being flanked by your own support and successfully boarding, only to pull of the infiltration and successfully escape by blasting your way back to the hangar and fly and enemy ship out!

Ahsoka's Tano and SuperPersch like this.
  14. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Guess I'm the only one annoyed at the removal of helmet-less stormtroopers.

Very strange to me that if you complain loud enough, a company will straight-up remove features from a game that others were enjoying.

Is it because people can't see beyond the movies? Because to me, every storm trooper that didn't have a helmet had a STORY as to why they lost it or took it off. It didn't break immersion for me (maybe for the first 5 minutes I played BF when it was new and different, then I got used to it), it added a great deal of characterization in the loose narrative I have in my mind.

I guess IT HAS TO BE LIKE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY trumps FREE YOUR IMAGINATION these days. Whatever, it's not a huge deal at the end of the day but I needed to voice it. I'm not celebrating the removal of this feature along with the many who are. I'm scratching my head, as usual, about the intent of our fan base.

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Initially I liked it, because you can clearly distinguish between the male and female stormtroopers. But at least with the new customization you can be an officer with your favorite Imperial head. That's probably what I'll use on the Imperial side. Helmeted Stormtroopers are kind of generic for me.

SuperPersch likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Get the Death Star DLC deluxe edition special edition for only $19.99!:p

B99 likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

18. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I understand your point, I liked the way 'no-helmet' gave troopers personality too. But how many stormtroopers fought without their helmets? I could just see Phasma having a meltdown over a squad of troopers fighting the rebel scum without their buckets on.

Like Tano mentioned, the arrival of Imperial oficers maintains character customization for some of the Empire's minions, so not all is lost.

Speaking to the topic, if players don't like something in a game - they must give feedback. Players spend their personal time and money into these games, it's only reasonable for the developer to at least listen and sometimes make adjustments accordingly. This is especially true when 90% of said fans/players all agree. Thanks for sharing that article Ahsoka's Tano

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The only thing that might dampen this new customization is the notion of Imperial officers with Jet packs. It sounds kind of silly if you think about it. Stormtroopers fine, but officers?

20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Yeahh..there are several other minor complaints just like that one.

I.e. Cloud City guards on Hoth, rebels using E-11s, etc.

That's where it has to be left to the imagation of the gamer as to how his character is the way he/she is. Ahsoka's Tano

21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Since Outer Rim I have done a complete 180 on Hutt Contracts. I just want to buy unlocks and not have to work with an arbitrary checklist using traits, weapons and characters I have zero interest in using. This is mainly me complaining about unlocking the Bryar.

I have played this game since launch and have not played Han Solo once. No interest in playing any hero characters. I don't then have to want to rack up 25 kills as him to unlock a gun, especially when I can only play him if I'm lucky several times over to get him on one small part of a whole mode in the new DLC.

I have all the currency I will need for all the unlocks. Let me buy things!

he-guy and The Vanguard like this.
  22. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004
    I was in the same boat regarding inexperience with Han, but I was able to set my mind to it and get it finished in a couple days. I was trepidatious but I found it to be a fun challenge.

23. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    It took me a good 20+ matches in Heroes vs. Villains per character to become adequate in using some of them, especially Fett. I still suck with Luke but we all know what he's capable of. That lunge!

SuperPersch likes this.
  24. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004
    I still suck as ALL of them haha.

Ahsoka's Tano and The Vanguard like this.
  25. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016