main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I used to hate FS but a few months ago I committed to playing it and ended up staying solely with that mode for like two weeks. Now I adore the star fighter mechanics, they've really ruined me for the older SW flight games.

Destroying that Star Destroyer is probably the most fun thing in the game. At least, that's how it feels when I'm doing it. Then I'll play another mode and think the same thing. Whatever, I love Battlefront.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    Exactly. I highly suspect it was a mixture of a) the other players being just as inexperienced in the mode as me and b) the fact that I finally had some success with slowing my vehicle down to get kills. It boosted my morale and urged me to continue!

I'm not saying I suddenly love the flying-aspect of Battlefront, but I hope it will make Battlestation more enjoyable in the long run.

Now I just need to fully embrace the Heroes to enjoy HvV... xD

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah the Heros modes are definitely my Achilles' heel in the game.

4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I've had a bad glitch a lot lately where my HUD disappears all together. Happens in offline modes too - not fun.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Hopefully they'll fix all the glitches by the time the last of the updates are sent out. Considering the new Rogue One DLC comes out in a couple weeks, I'm wondering if that's the last time they'll release an update for the game.

B99 likes this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, could be! o_O

(4,444th post lol)

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yesterday I signed up for the "Heavy Repeater" blaster through the Hutt Contract. I've seen a handful of people using it and it looks like a pretty good gun.

SuperPersch likes this.
  8. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    That's an evil weapon. I enjoy blasting people who carry it. (I don't actually dislike it or them, I dislike the secondary fire's splash damage)

That said, once you obtain it try it with focus fire and be amazed how fast you can melt people at a great distance. That gun has barely any spread as it is, focus fire makes it like a laser beam.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I've never actually tried focus fire. My two hands feature the shield for non-vehicular battles like Blast and Droid Run, and an ion blast for vehicles like AT-AT and fighters.

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Ok, 30 seconds into that video and I'm in love with Jyn Erso. Looks like I'll be playing the Heros modes more now.

vw_jedi, AndrewPascoe and SuperPersch like this.
  12. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm pumped for new DLC. Even though it feels like Death Star just came out. I can't wait to play this with the Rogue One score blaring in the background!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahsoka's Tano and AndrewPascoe like this.
  13. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Can't wait for the new DLC to be another let down full of bugs and OP weapons again. Seriously, the Death Star DLC has made this game worse. Yet it's been since September and nothing seems to have been patched. I know there is a patch coming with the new DLC, but I doubt it will fix anything actually broken.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

14. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    It does feel like Death Star only came out recently, but I am quite happy that Rogue One is close by. Although I've begun to enjoy Fighter Squadron and flying in general, the lack of modes in Death Star really killed it for me shortly after release. I haven't even played ten matches of Battlestation yet!

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What were the bugs and OP weapons from the Death Star DLC?

16. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Focus Fire is one of the most underappreciated cards out there. It doesn't just increase accuracy, it can actually change the nature of how certain weapons function.

A really good example of this is the CA-87 (the Jawa shot gun). That weapon has no range at all. But with Focus Fire it becomes a one hit kill sniper. It even looks different when it fires, rather than a buckshot cloud you see a solid bolt/slug come shooting out. You can hit people across the map with it and OHK them.

AndrewPascoe and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Got a quick question on the Heros mode. With the new DLC coming out soon, does that mean it'll be possible to have two female heroes (Leia and Jyn) on the same team? Now that's definitely something I'd like forward to.

18. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    The DLC weapons, specifically the heavy blaster, is obviously the strongest weapon of the game with no real back draws to it. Bugs persist more in fighter squadron now than it ever did at launch, such as shields on the X-Wing working half the time and shots not damaging targets on contact.

Add to the poor design choices such as spawn points and lackluster level design it's no wonder Death Star DLC was such a miss with even fans of the game.

Sorry to be such a downer, but nothing about this game warrants any sort of optimism when it comes to any new content. The only hope in this case is lessons are learned from the game so the sequel is a much better game. I really hope to see the turn around like there was with Battlefield 1 for that series.

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So apparently I bought the season pass (Who knows when) and then forgot that I bought it. And since then I've bought all 3 separate DLCs for about 200 Swedish Kronor each. So I've just wasted 600 Kronor for nothing [face_plain]

vncredleader and AndrewPascoe like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I haven't heard that the Death Star DLC was such a miss with the fans. I really don't see anything wrong with the level design. On the contrary, I'd argue it's the among the most true-to-form design from any online shooter out there.

SuperPersch likes this.
  21. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    At least you've realized this for SCARIF.

The livestream was good. I'll see if I can find a link with all the important things we found out.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ve_discussion_thread/?st=iw8aleev&sh=5ea905c2

Scroll down and someone has mode a summary of the stream. I'm sure video breakdowns will be out soon.

Personally I can't wait. I love the DS DLC but there's something about open air, corridor less maps that works well with battlefront. Definitely helps that the map that they showed looks stunning.

Only disappointing thing is it seems no update to skirmish or combined playlists.

I get that EA want that sweet sweet DLC money. I can't see them going the blizzard/Overwatch model and having everything free. I also believe that they understand the strains playlists have on the player base and they don't want to fracture it.

Moving forward if they were to proceed to have a DLC/season pass thing for EABF2, I believe this idea would work best. Don't make maps, weapons, star cards (if they're there) part of the paid DLC. Sue spread them out and have events etc, but have them free so everyone can play everything and have the weapons etc.

For the paid DLC go cosmetics. Not so much new outfits but ranks, shoulder pauldrons, emotes, species. Really flesh out customization of how your stormtroopers and rebels look. Cosmetics are just that something purely there for looks that don't affect the outcome of the game. People might think you can't build DLC out of that but I'm sure you can and there would be people happy to pay to get Togruta female head 3 for $0.99.

I can't see EA moving away from paid content of some variety with a franchise as big as Star Wars. I believe this the best way for them to have their cake and eat it too. Everyone has the same maps, weapons, skins, star cards. If people choose to further cosmetically customize their trooper they pay for some DLC.

Ramble ramble.

TLDR - Rogue One looks great. My proposed idea for future DLC is cosmetics only that way maps/weapons/heroes etc are for everyone and playerbase doesn't split.

22. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    The Death Star received mixed to negative reviews from critics and fans alike. Once again, everyone agrees conent looks beautiful, but nearly everyone found this new mode disappointing and the interior Death Star level design flat and uninspired. All you have to do is go around YouTube and Reddit to find the views of fans. The only guys I've seen who loved the DLC are StarWarsHQ and Battlefront Updates, but that's to be expected from them.

23. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    good news ea and dice are taking a few years off from doing battlefield and are putting all there focus into batllefront. so hopefully the next game will have a campaign/galactic conquest and actual space battles

themoth likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

There's been plenty of good reviews with the Death Star DLC. Here's a few.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/star-...ew-the-force-is-strong-with-this-one-6141584/

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/467963/Star+Wars+Battlefront+Death+Star+DLC/

http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/star-wars-battlefront-death-star-dlc-review/

SuperPersch likes this.
  25. Jedimaster_Darklight

Nov 22, 2005
    I haven't read anything about it, but I don't see any reason for DICE to keep the Rogue One-heroes out of the vanilla game modes. Immersion is certainly not an excuse anymore. :p