main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I've found that the Disruptor Rifle can be pretty good when it comes to taking out enemies clustered together around objectives but you have to time it right and have a bit of luck.

My favourite power up is the Thermal Imploder. It's really satisfying taking out groups of enemies at once. I love the sound effect it makes too.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So with DICE all but confirming that Battlefront 2 will have a campaign I can't help but think that the campaign will just be a series of vignettes like what they did for Battlefield 1. Also the campaign will be mediocre because this is DICE we're talking about.

3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Which is why I don't care for a campaign. Singleplayer/survival on all maps on modes with competent AI is what I want.

4. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    DICE isn't working on the singleplayer solely, supposedly. Mainly multiplayer. EA brought in Motive Studios to work the single player. EA has even added Jade Raymond to the team, she's responsible for the creation of Assassin's Creed, among 2 other people per Wikipedia, also bringing over a couple more Ubisoft people as well.

Larsonator likes this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Is that accurate? I thought Motive and Jade were collaborating with Amy Henig and Visceral on Visceral's Star Wars game. That's the one I'm really looking forward to. The two seconds we saw of it looked great.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

7. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Motive Studios is definitely working on Battlefront 2. Jade Raymond working on it..I'm not 100% sure I'd have to double check.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just discovered something new. Most Heroes v. Villains modes are 3 on 3; but on the Outer Rim DLC it's 4 on 4. It's too bad the others aren't like that.

B99 likes this.
  9. The Jedi Grand Master

The Jedi Grand Master Jedi Padawan

Nov 28, 2016

They should still change it back to 5 on 5. It feels too short now.

Ahsoka's Tano and SuperPersch like this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What's ur guys fav hero/villains? I love playing as Han my self... Great for defending the uplinks on Walker Assault.. The lucky shot is beast, especially when firing at the walker.!

11. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004

I'm not very good at any of them, but I really enjoy playing as Leia, Chewbacca, and Palpatine. I'm trying to get better with Boba Fett because he's too cool, but it's a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I always activate the rocket launcher trying to zoom with Boba Fett.. LOL Never fails..

13. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    I think they are with the patch coming out tomorrow. It's a server patch, but I think Elliot from BFUpdates mentioned they will return HvV back to 5 vs 5 with it.

Finally, games felt so short and you couldn't get enough play time with a Hero/Villain.

HvV is my most played mode and this change is a must for me!

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I was wondering the same thing. In the old BF games, it was an all-out brawl on the map with like a dozen or so heroes going at it at once. I guess they wanted to give everyone an opportunity to play as their favorite hero in turn.

I've really gotten the hand of using Jyn as my go-to hero. Her pistol with Rifle extension and of course the powerful Sonic Imploder are pretty handy, and Truncheon Surge is great for close combat. I've been using Krennic lately on the villains side to obtain his DT-29 pistol.

B99 likes this.
  15. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I've been really enjoying Battle Station recently, anybody else think it's an excellent gamemode?

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I like the idea of of it, but not the hugest fan myself. Can get pretty intense though .!!

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

As I had mentioned on our unofficial JCF community forum on PSN, I had a Battle Station match where my empire team won by stopping R2 within like a foot of the goal circle. Talk about intense.

18. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I like how it's split into 3 sections. The whole atmosphere of running around the Death Star is just euphoric for me still!

Sent from The Void using my thumbs.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What's great is when you can get the Death Star trooper skins for your character. Makes it even more authentic.

Snokers likes this.
  20. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I tweeted EAStarWars on twitter earlier today telling them they had to fix Lando's blaster and they actually got back to me saying "The team is aware and looking into it. Thank you for your patience."

Sent from The Void using my thumbs.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    EAStarWars once replied to my tweet, they told me how Dynamic PS4 Star Wars Background Themes are being created.

Snokers and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I am actually totally in love with this game now. I always liked it, but now with all the DLC ive sort of just been playing in my down time all week. Very underrated game marred by stupid DLC release model.

Where you hearing this from?

Ever since the release of Rogue One I like playing as Darth Vader on Sullust in the dark corridors and scaring the **** out of everyone by standing in a dark corner and suddenly igniting lightsaber near objectives.

23. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    After RO, I love playing as Vader and wrecking Rebels left and right. Overall, I enjoy playing more with the Villains. Boss wrecks (if played properly) and I absolutely love Krennic's one shot blaster stance. Palpatine is also awesome to play with (chain lightning + health restore make him unstoppable).

For Heroes, I mostly play with Han (lucky shot) and Luke (just enjoy using a ligthsaber from time to time).

Lando's glitch needs to be fixed. It has been going for weeks/months and EA/DICE haven't done anything about it.

SuperPersch likes this.
  24. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    The Lando glitch is KILLING ME. To see so many players exploiting it frustrates and baffles me, as well. I never try to start **** when playing but the other day I had to message a player and appeal to his humanity in order that he STOP ruining game after game, going 100-0 (while his team loses) by cheating. No fun for anyone involved.

Though I can't repeat what he said in response, the message was clear that this player did not care whatsoever that his actions were seriously tarnishing the experience for other players.

So yea, DICE really needs to get a grip and stop this behavior. Or ELSE...I'll...complain more while still playing BF-- And, occasionally sending a meek plea to players to please stop being fart faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    Origin had Ultimate Edition on sale for 29.99 USD so I went ahead and jumped on it. Been playing the Single Player stuff and getting a handle on the controls and game since then. I was surprised the total size was about 60 GB with my low-end High Speed connection it was utterly painful. I've actually enjoyed all of the game that I've played up to this point. I hope when I feel ready to try online play I'll have just as much fun. Definitely has a good feel to it and is very enjoyable overall.