main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017

I think you will love the multiplayer! Be careful of the Lando glitch, though. It can be very annoying.

Giovs likes this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    What is the Lando glitch people keep talking about? I've rarely seen people pick Lando even in DLC maps like Bespin.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016

Thanks. I will look into it and try to find a work around until they decide to update the game or fix it.

4. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Really?
    People always pick Lando when I'm playing. :_|

5. Vader0706

Jan 2, 2017

Then you must be a lucky one. Whenever I play, some a**hole will ALWAYS pick Lando and ruin the game for everyone.

As for the glitch itself, it's his Power Blast. I think it usually has to shoot only once when activated, but due to the glitch, you can shoot many times before the cooldown hits (which is a couple of seconds where you can spam Blast Shot and wreck the whole opposing team).

SuperPersch and B99 like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I've been playing quite a handful of HvV matches, and I haven't noticed Lando having any special abilities as a character. I've only been playing these games because I needed kills as Jyn and the Sonic Imploder kills to get the Imploder upgrade.

7. Vader0706

Jan 2, 2017
    He has the Power Blast, Disruptor and the ability to place a fake power-up on the ground.

8. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Lando doesn't require any skill - just point and shoot and the Villains are bantha fodder.

Really hope they fix it soon. I leave the game as someone uses him now cause I know what's coming.

Sent from The Void using my thumbs.

9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I admit I abused the Lando glitch a lot when it first started. But I haven't used it since before Christmas, and now in HvV I don't even pick him, instead go for Jyn or Chewie, mostly. It just makes the match not fun and no challenge, although getting a good KDR is a positive. Although I did use Lando and spam power blast in Supremacy yesterday, but we were getting whooped and thought what the hell. But yeah, also want it to be fixed. But I think people get too upset over it. Sure it sucks, but when I'm up against it I just deal with it, knowing it's not a permanent thing.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't know if I've ever used Lando for more than just a trial as I have with every Hero character.

11. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    People get upset because we, like you, paid money to play BF, and when everyone is playing the game as you describe, it completely ruins it. I think it's a terrible, selfish, ridiculous thing to do; however anyone tries to justify it to themselves, it really only takes an ounce of self reflection to realize that it's childish and pointless.

It's a game, sure, but it's a game where there are 11-39 other people playing alongside you that want to have fun, and paid good money to do so. One person deciding that their experience is more important than the experiences of those 11-39 other players just for the lulz is just bonkers to me. Completely bonkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  13. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Ahsoka's Tano thanks for the invite the other day. I was already a few rounds in playing Walker Assault when I got it so I finished up and I popped into the game late. But I was able to get in 1 round of Cargo on the Death star with you (that game was a draw), and 2 of 3 rounds in Battle Station. I stuck around in Battle Station though the infantry round, but I had to split before the Death Star Run.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I thought the "sequel" to Rogue One was A New Hope.

No worries. I saw you on and figured I'd create a party. Anytime I see a member online and playing BF I'd send them an invite to a party.

vw_jedi likes this.
  15. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    its talking about a spiritual successor to Rouge Squadron, the x-wing games. not the Rogue One movie.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What is the difference between that and the Fighter Squadron mode in the current BF game?

17. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    graphics and a story mode is about it

Beloveed X-wing game from the 90s

BF Fighter Squadron

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    The Rogue One games from the 90's were amazing. Fighter Squadron, well let's just say 9 out of 10 times I quit when it comes up in any playlist. The mechanics of FS are the reason why I do no play modes like Battle Station more often. It's a burden to fly. Especially the new lock on cool down. What the heck is the point of that? Not to mention not being able to scroll through and select a target to lock onto. I miss that ability from the original BF series.

If they make a game with the next gen graphics and speed of FS, but with the campaign mode, music, and mechanics of Rogue One, it would be amazing.

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It's a testament to how much I love X-wings and TIEs flying around that I play FS at all. The lock-on and fire mechanic removes a lot of the skill from dogfighting (ie, no target leading required) and the restriction of barrel rolls and K-turns to time-limited buttons removes a lot of the fun from flying. It's a bit too casual for me, but then I'd like a new 'flight sim' game like X-wing Alliance.

The main problem with FS at the moment though is the hero pick-ups, which introduce virtually indestructible ships that kill the balance (the new Red 5 and TIE Advanced especially). And speaking of balance, I'm not sure why A-wings and Squints are available at the same time as X-wings and Eyeballs, given that they're better. These should be available on separate maps entirely.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess I'm in the minority in that I still like playing all forms of Battle Squadron; including Trench Run and Infiltration (Space combat part).

SuperPersch and Grievousdude like this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So there is a patch coming soon!!! Bye Bye Lando..[face_dancing] Wonder if they will nerf Bodyguard lil..?

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's funny, just yesterday I played several rounds of HvV and noticed the Heroes were always winning as someone always picked Lando. It got to the point where everyone left on the Villains side but me, and there was a 3 on 1 match. Fun.

B99 likes this.
  23. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    BG doesn't need to be nerfed, it does exactly what it's supposed to do.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Hero Hunt has to be among the most boring of any BF mode. Unless you've absolutely mastered a particular hero and/or know offhand how to defeat every one of them, it gets very dull. I played a couple matches today; first time I've played it in like a year or so.

B99 and Snokers like this.
  25. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Love playing Battlefront, not got any DLC yet but it's still really enjoyable. Although, Krennic is stupidly OP, needs nerfing pronto from what I can tell.