main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Kind of upsetting considering the longevity of other DICE shooters. I mean I have friends who are still religiously playing BF 4 and it's almost been 4 years since release. Hardline is healthy as well, and it's what? At least 6 months older than Battlefront?

I'll check out the HZD thread as well.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    Hi guys and gals, this is a noob question but maybe there is a simple solution here that I am missing: I recently purchased Star Wars Battlefront for PS4. I just started playing it last weekend. As soon as I put the game in I was prompted to download an update which was over 14GB. I know that the Jakku DLC was made free for everyone and a mandatory download. I figured that is what I am assuming was downloaded. However this is where I start to have questions.

The Jakku DLC is supposed to include 2 maps and a new game mode among some other things. When I checked my Missions and Skirmish I only see Jakku content in Skirmish. I also only see 2 game modes: Fighter Squadron and Walker Assault. So, I am missing Turning Point game mode and the only map I see is the Fallen Giants map. The Goazon Badlands are nowhere to be seen.

I do not game online, yet, I only play single player offline right now. I do have an EA Account set up, I was made to when I first installed the game.

Is there something blatantly obvious that I am missing? Why don't I see the Turning Point game mode and Goazon Badlands map?

Thanks for your answers!

--Rob.

3. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Most of the actual game is only online multiplayer only, so all the content is in that segment.

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The studio is probably busy on the BF 1 expansions and Battlefront 2 so Battlefront 1 is probably the last that thing on their minds at the moment. It's not really an excuse but hopefully they'll get around to sorting it soon.

5. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Yup, that's your answer right there. The Goazon badlands map as well as Turning Point mode (on any map) is online multiplayer only.

6. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    Thank you for answering! I did some googling and youtubing and discovered this same answer shortly before I checked in with this thread. Apparently I started playing this game "at the right time" because before recently offline play was nearly non existent. Since July or so they have added Skirmish mode that had Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron which are both very fun. That being said I do want to play other modes and maps, especially Rogue One Scarif. I have heard multiple people say that Dice plans on adding more modes and maps to Skirmish in the near future because once SWBF2 comes out and the servers go offline all of that content will be lost. However I do plan on buying a PSOnline subscription.

Also, there is 200+ pages of comments here and I don't care to read through them all so I will post what I have learned about SWBF2 here:

It will be very large in scope, rumor currently is that will span Episodes 4-8 including Rogue One and maybe IX DLC at a later date. Some are even speculating that it may include Clone Wars content but I don't see that happening personally. We will know more at Star Wars Celebration when details are likely to be released.

SWBF2 will have a campaign mode and offline play will be a large part of the game. Dice and EA have listened to the fans and decided to make the game offline friendly. It will still be very much a multiplayer online battlefest, too. Dice plans on incorporating more of the online multiplayer content to be played offline via Skirmish mode against AI bots.

I really like that Dice and EA are going back to what made Pandemic's Battlefront 2 so great! Basically it was a complete game both online and offline. It had a great mixture of battle types, hero play, space combat, everything. It even had a campaign mode and you played as the clone trooper fighting the battles and experienced the Clone Wars from his point of view. I think that Dice will do something similar and you will customize a rebel and/or imperial soldier and play as that character across the entire OT and ST saga save for IX as that is still a mystery.

Anyone know anything else?

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That pretty much sums it up!

8. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    we really need a good st era battlefront.

hero mode with rey finn and poe against kylo snoke and tr8r.

a dice battlefront game with the amount of content as battlefront ii spanning all three trilogies (and rogue one) to coincide with ix would be ideal.

too bad ea would in practice charge $500 for it.

but that's what they get for charging me $20 i.e. a third of a full game just to play as jyn/krennic, a nee map and a couple of new modes.

if battlefront 2 is truly a full game i wouldnt mind paying a little extra later for say a full pt expansion pack as long as it's not just a few new things for $20.

jyn erso and krennic are easily my favourites to play as though and scariff is one of the better maps so not complaining about that.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Jyn is really the only character on the Rebels side I use; unless someone picks her before I can on H v V mode. I'm more open on the Imperials side.

10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hopefully Battlefront 2 puts some PT -Clone Wars maps, heroes, clones and battle droids in this mew game. This past Battlefront got no play from me. Too much OT, hopefully they show the PT some love.

Fandalorian and draw73 like this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Gosh, BF servers are complete crap lately for me.. Anyone else?? I guess it could be my internet, but couple other ppl I know said they are lagging as well..

12. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015
    @Ashoka's Tano

yeah, same. I might on rare occassions go for han solo but jyn erso is easily the best. on the villains side i tend to go for krennic but i will often go for vader as well. i only have the rogue one dlc so idk if chewbacca, lando, etc are good or not.

CoolyFett

I'm not a big pt fan but i loved the pt era battkefront 2 stuff so much. i definitely hope they add that in later if the game is rumoured to be episodes 4-8 + rogue one. as i said, $20 for a full pt expansion might be fair if it's not just a geonosis map, one new game mode, and two new characters lol.

i hope there's like 20 heroes and villains to choose from (from all eras put together, not all at once) to make it more interesting, and the actual battle modes would really benefit from st battles. this trilogy needs a good game.

13. GruziX

GruziX Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2017
    I am excited!

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only way BF 2 would be a no-brainer pre-order for me would be if they'd include Ahsoka as a hero. Anything aside from that and it wouldn't be an immediate purchase for me.

B99 likes this.
  15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    You must be an Ahsoka fan?? :p

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Right now the only way I could play as Ahsoka is with Disney Infinity. I've never even considered the "Republic Heroes" game that came out over a decade and a half ago.

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Eh, that game was decent at best imo..

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Lego Clone Wars?

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not a fan of the Lego games. They're really too kiddie-oriented and silly for me. I played a demo of the DC superheroes one and got bored of it quickly.

B99 likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I use to play them when I was younger, but last year I played the Lego SW TFA demo and it almost put me to sleep.... Gameplay is wicked repetitive and nothing to it..

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So, sense I am getting a little bored with BF, I once again tried Hero hunt.. Man, what a crap mode... I love how characters like Leia have the power up ability and then go's and picks up an additional power up and BOOM, back to %100 health!

22. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015
    hero hunt is boring when you aren't playing with really immature people such as myself. the very first time i played this mode was at the endor map which i think is just the right size, and it was chaotic and full of the good type of idiocy without the heroes cheating too much (aside from palpatine going up high but it is fun to watch people try to deal with that lol).

every other match has made me feel sleepy so after my first day of playing i have never gone back.

with battlefront 2, i think the ideal thing to do would be to truly make the definitive star wars game by making it a living breathing game that is updated for years to come, rather than an annual release, even though this isnt a popular model with western console games.

the base game can be episodes 4-8 + rogue one as rumoured. then they can update it via full expansion packs that are actually worth the money later, maybe even with their own mini campaigns. you could add on the pt, episode ix, clone wars, rebels, whatever. only when we jump to a new console and/or completely redesign the game should there be a new release, and even then some of what you put into the last battlefront should transfer over in some way.

kind of like how instead of annual call of duty rekeases in china they just have call of duty online which follows my proposed model, or what they might be doing with grand theft auto online.

B99 likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I very rarely play Hero Hunt. I mean sometimes you might luck out if you're using accessories like the Dioxis Grenade to poison the hero and it causes significant damage; but for the most part it's difficult to ever get hold of a hero with everyone going after him/her.

B99 likes this.
  24. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    Having not played online I have to admit that Walker Assault is my favorite mode so far, along with training missions. Even offline there is a lot of chaotic action. I like to pretend I am an elite commando and get some butt!

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I still have yet to play Skirmish mode with a friend. I'd imagine that's gotta be fun; co-oping with someone you can trust who more than likely won't necessarily cheat or hog the hero tokens.

B99 likes this.