main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm not sure If I will get this game. I stayed away from the first one. Not enough variety on eras, no space battles or soldier classes. Need more details on this. There is a heavy focus on Disney Star Wars though. I have no interest in that. The first game, looked really good. Just not enough to purchase.

2. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    perfect trailer. just what i wanted for a campaign 30 years and following an elite squad from the empire only thing better would of been republic commando/imperial commando's hoping we see sloane and rax. they have taken things from the comics and books as well looks great

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm rather ambivalent towards the campaign right now.[face_dunno]
    That stuff has never been the selling point of the series for me.
    I am more about the general battles, and remain ecstatic about new PT content. Which is what I will probably spend most of my time on.
    What I want for maps:
    Naboo (Probably confirmed by trailer)
    Kamino (Confirmed by artwork)
    Coruscant (Sub map of Jedi Temple and operation knightfall please)
    Mustafar
    Felucia
    Umbara
    Christophsis
    Alderaan
    Utapau
    Cato Nemodia
    Of course most of these are unlikely, but even if they pick some of them I will be content. I don't particularly want the same old environments, Tatooine or Geonosis. Ideally there would be a nice variety to pick from.
    Some Potential Hero's:
    (Likely)
    Yoda (Confirmed)
    Mace Windu
    Anakin
    Obiwan
    Quigon
    Darth Maul (Confirmed)
    General Grievous
    Dooku

(Unlikely)
    Aayla Secura
    Luminara Unduli
    Ki Adi Mundi
    Plo Koon
    Ahsoka
    Quinlen Vos
    (Really I would love the whole Jedi council to be available to play, but I'm not expecting that much)

Its kinda sad that do to the large diversity of era's we will probably only get a handful of very famous hero's, and planets in any given one. Though I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me, I remain very excited for the coming game, and will almost certainly get it regardless. This is just me spit balling some fun idea's that are running through my head right now as I scream internally and cry that we have to wait five months for this to come out.:D

lookameatbag likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I would be extremely disappointed if they managed to throw in Quigon instead of Ahsoka. So essentially you're suggesting no more female heros except for Rey of course. Yipee.

[face_plain]

CloneTrooper9000 likes this.
  5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

I just hope it isn't only for multiplayer and the campaign isn't the only single-player offer.

Padme501st and lookameatbag like this.
  6. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    It's possible we may see one of them since it looks like we will be going back to Jakku for the ship battle.

7. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I wouldn't worry just yet. I don't think you can really skip on Ahsoka today and not get absolutely crucified for it. She's a stand-out character in the Clone Wars series, played a part in the Rebels, just recently had her own novel as well. That the single-player campaign seems to have a female character as its lead suggests that they've got a pretty decent handle on the situation.

8. ARC_TC

ARC_TC Jedi Master

Jul 7, 2004
    Well, I'm excited to play as an Imperial that will (hopefully) not be overcome by the power of hippies the Rebellion and actually do some proper work! It'll be interesting to see what they pull together for the SP campaign, given that (IIRC) this will be considered canon going forward. I think having the SF team be called Inferno Squad is giving the 'Operation: Cinder' thoughts some credence... I hope that the campaign does focus solely on her and the shenanigans of Inferno Squad, as Battlefield One's 'War Stories' campaign was annoying, and didn't really flow. I'm also really hyped to see the Raider is now proper Canon!

From comments on reddit (from someone who was supposedly at the presentation), it looks like Versio's small droid on her back is used in-game (a more portable R2 if you will), so I'm partly expecting a wave-based section (or two) where you have to cover the droid whilst it slices a door/ship/whatever. I'm also hoping for a Republic Commando vibe from the campaign, though I doubt we'll have any control over a squad (sadly).

I was also really excited to hear about the return of classes in MP! Hopefully this means we'll have less jetpack/bacta bomb/bowcaster hands hopping around the game making a shallow game even more annoying. I'm interested to see how they plan on adding progression to the various classes, and I do hope that the rumoured 'build resources - expend them on a hero/vehicle' idea is true! Hero pickups and power ups really made the first one feel overly shallow, to the extent that it was too casual for a casual player (like most of my friends).

One other thing that gives me some measure of hope for the multiplayer is that there's no Season Pass! Given that season passes usually exist to promote pre-sales of map DLC, I hope that EA has decided to take the bold step following Titanfall 2's example and limit the microtransaction stuff to cosmetics and unique skins for heroes/vehicles. I know I've spent more money on Titanfall 2's DLC than I ever did on Battlefield One (base game only, no Season Pass or DLC) and Battlefront 2015 (got the bundle of game+DLC in the Christmas sale) as a direct way of supporting this business model.

Other than that, I'm waiting to see what they do with the PT stuff. The opportunities for cosmetics are massive (and you know EA will try and suck every penny out of us that they can), and seeing (hopefully) the likes of Kamino, Felucia, and Naboo rendered in Frostbite has me really excited. I'm hoping that they're deliberately waiting until EA Play before revealing the PT stuff properly as a way to keep the legions of fans hooked on any piece of news and generate more hype for the game.

I'll be intrigued to see how many maps the game ships with, as base Battlefront had 5 locations: Hoth, Sullust, Endor, Tatooine, and Jakku (kinda), for a total of 18 maps (7 for WA/Supremacy, 11 for smaller modes), which were actually 7 maps with a bit of messing to make the smaller ones...

Tim

9. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I hope they throw in AI controlled units for multiplayer, It worked well with Titanfall and it'd be nice to see a Battlefront game utilize that. As for the pre-order bonus, just have it apart of the base game. I'm all for DLC as long as it adds something substantial, but I don't want them to take the approach we saw with the last game. Thankfully with the season pass gone, they could be going Titanfall 2's route with DLC.

10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    After seeing the Imperial Contingency Sentinel droid in the trailer, I wonder if we get an appearance of Rae Sloane and Gallius Rax in the campaign. What do you think?
    And by the way, Theed and tanks are back! :)

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone pre order it yet?? I'm gonna wait to pre order it, but are you guys getting the standard version or the Elite Trooper deluxe edition?

12. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    So will they be updating the lightsaber combat system too? The last one was so simplistic, clunky, and unsatisfying that I can't really get excited for the prospect of new heroes unless there's a major overhaul.

TheMoldyCrow and lookameatbag like this.
  13. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014

I'd like to have it similar to the Jedi Knight games.

Howard Hand likes this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Now I'm thinking about what specific droids we will be able to play as. B1 is confirmed, now I'm looking towards the Super Battle droids and Droideka's. All types were available in the original Battle Front Games, and I'm curious if and how they will be implemented in the new ones. Logic dictates they're there, it would be strange if they were not, but I'm just curious as to how they will be implemented within the class system.

15. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    So with all the hype about the new BF2 I decided to plug my PS2 back in and start playing the original again. It's still just as good after all these years even with my disc being a bit scratched so the music kept randomly cutting out and starting again. Anyway one thing I noticed is that the heroes aren't as powerful as I remember them being (except for Maul and Grievous they can still slaughter an entire army of Clones). Jango was the worst with his Pistols being really ineffective leading to him being mowed down in seconds.

So this got me thinking how powerful should the heroes in the new game be? I think Battlefront 2015 had the right balance between being powerful but not too OP but I'm not sure if others agree with me on that. From the sounds of it the heroes are going to be upgradeable this time around which could be a good thing or game breaking if the balance isn't right. What do you guys think about this upgradable heroes system?

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  17. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Is a new (and more detailed) Galactic Conquest mode too much to ask for?

Padme501st and CoolyFett like this.
  18. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    There's a new mode that sounds kinda like Galactic Conquest. Planetary Engagements is the mode's name if I remember correctly.

19. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Im not sure how to feel about this. In the old Battlefront 2. I felt Qui Gon and AOTC Padme should have been in the game instead of the twelik and conehead Jedi. I like Ahsoka though. I played Battlefront 2 galatic conquest a lot. I loved all the battlefields especially Kashyyyk, Kamino, Naboo and Mustafar. I dont care about the singleplayer stuff. I hope both Jedi starfighters are in and the ARC starfighter.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  21. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    since all 3 trilogies will be in the game i expect we will get
    hoth
    yavin
    endor
    tattooine

coruscant
    naboo
    mustafar
    kamino

jakku
    the planet maz was on
    skb

then something from the last jedi later

heroes and villains
    obi wan
    maul
    anakin
    ahsoka
    dooku
    yoda
    vader
    palpatine
    luke
    han
    leia
    kylo ren
    boba fett
    rey
    phasma
    jango

22. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Hate to be the bearer of possibly bad news but EA contacted Mashable after they published the Dev's comments -

https://www.google.com.au/amp/masha...ar-wars-battlefront-2-season-pass-no-more.amp

Basically they aren't denying it but they aren't confirming it either. Seems like either the Dev jumped the gun a little or is misinformed. Hopefully come EAPlay we will get concrete info.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  23. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    If true, that is a step toward convincing me that they may have actually listened to their player base this time around. The fragmentation of the player base in BF 1 was a terrible thing. As was the fact that the base game plus season pass cost as much as two games but only delivered the content of one.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  24. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Just to be clear I do believe that there won't be a season pas, just that it wasn't ready to be announced at this stage. I believe there will be some form of paid dlc, just that whatever it is will not fragment the player base. The only way I can see that working is micro transactions for cosmetics either straight up or loot box style ala Overwatch. If that is the case I will be very happy.

I just want people to be informed that it is not a 100% done deal that there will be no season pass at this stage.

More than likely we will get a full picture of what paid DLC for EABF2 in the coming months, closer to EAPlay.

In a way it's kind of amusing the way it's played out. DICE have sort of thrown EA under the bus. The DICE dev at Celebration was clear as to why they don't want a season pass that splinters the player base. Their intentions are clear. Now if EA overrule them it, it is clear whose decision it was and Dice can just put up their hands and go "hey, it wasn't our choice we wanted what you guys wanted" and EA comes off looking worse than they already are. Just interesting.

Also I won't link it but there's a video out there if you know where to look that shows stuff that wasn't on the stream. I'm sure this particular video will become public shortly but if your busting for a bts video - google is your friend.

25. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    What about DLC?? The Jedi Starfighters from Episode III were my favorites, but I like the N-1 Naboo Starfighters as well. Id like to see those in action. What if they had Pod Racers in this game??