main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    This has NOT been confirmed and is just a rumor. Unless you've got a dev tweet as a source I wouldn't believe it.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  3. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm hopeful for this but it's probably for Forces of Destiny.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    Ugh cripes... [face_sigh]I hope that rumour is false. What's next? No Obi-Wan? I just don't understand the thought process if it is true, unless he is coming in a DLC. There are so many more characters that can be used from this era... it's just nuts to not milk it dry.
    And aren't the DLCs free for this game?

So glad I have the old Battlefronts and all the vibrant (and what feel like canon) mods that come with them...

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    OMG imagine having a match playing with Ashoka and Anakin! Would be so cool!

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's really why I'd be eager to see what the prequel modes in the new game would have in store with future DLC.

B99 likes this.
  7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    If anything DBD voicing the Clones enhances the experience for me. I never had a real gaming experience playing with TCW assets.

8. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Is it confirmed that the heroes cross eras? I thought Rey being in the recent show demo was for demo purposes.

9. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Not even as DLC?

10. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    He won't be in the game at release. I think they will make a DLC with him. Maybe a Mustafar DLC with the castle?

lookameatbag likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Heroes crossed eras in the first game, didn't they? How else could you explain being able to use Jyn and Krennic everywhere?

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  12. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    The first game was all in one era though, quite different from having a prequel character like Darth Maul running around Starkiller Base with First Order stormtroopers flanking him.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well I know the original BF games had the heroes spanning all eras on different maps. And I'd assume Maul would be on the same side as the FO stormtroopers, wouldn't he?

14. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Sure, but that wouldn't be right and my OCD can't quite handle that ;)

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'd love to see a matchup of Rey, Jyn, and Leia on one Heroes team. Maybe Ahsoka if they could make her character a future DLC.

B99 likes this.
  16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'd just pretend Rey is a Jedi General and Maul never dies so he's not a problem either.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Battlefront 2 Pics!

New pics of STAR WARS Battlefront 2!

18. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    About the Anakin thing, I believe what they mean is that he won't be a hero at the same time as Vader is during a match. I honestly wouldn't care if they were avalible to play In the same match.

lookameatbag and bmickey like this.
  19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I suspect they'll hold Ahsoka and Anakin back as DLC, adding them will act as a nice shot in the arm when the player base dwindles. I don't mind if Anakin and Vader are available in the same match, but it'd be cool if they reacted to each other somehow. Touches like that separate intricately designed games for the soulless, empty ones!

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You can already have an Anakin v Vader match in the now defunct (at least online) Disney Infinity.

SensationalSean likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I almost just ragequit due to multiple times loosing match dew to (all) the Heros respawning glitch.. A game shouldn't come down to heros.. That's kinda why i think Sabatoge sucks..

22. LuckyGungan20001

LuckyGungan20001 Jedi Knight

May 14, 2016
    I'm not really bothered by cross-era heroes, as long as it isn't in the campaign (which I believe is going to be canonical, so heroes crossing over would break the story). The rest of the game I doubt will be a canonical telling of events, and also, in the original Battlefront II you could spawn all the available heroes in Mos Eisley and have them duke it out, which definitely isn't canon.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I certainly remember that in the original BFII

24. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    In terms of single player content, what are we getting? Is it just the campaign? Will it have skirmish / instant action. Will we be able to play all the maps offline?

25. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    We have the sp campaign, couch co-op and skirmish. We do not know what depth do-op or skirmish will have other than it's not a perfect mirror of the multiplayer portion of the game. Nothing more at this stage.