main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015

I didn't feel redundant in the old games - Jango has a rather different arsenal compared to Boba. The similarities in assets would make it easier for them to put him in, so I don't get why they wouldn't.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Well, guess i won't be playing the new game... Shame..

Lol

SpecForce Trooper and vw_jedi like this.
  3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    [quote="Ahsoka's Tano, post: 54416253, member: 1387835] And is it so wrong to not include some female villains for a change? I'd love to see Ventress; or even go so far as to suggest Mother Talzin.[/quote]
    While it's not wrong to have some female villains those two are leaning more on the fringes of recognizable characters for the wider audience hence why they appear to be focusing on characters from the films.

You'd more likely get Ahsoka or Sabine as they are regular characters of rebels and TCW. I'd feel those two would even be a stretch at this point. It's not out of the realm of possibility I just see them pulling characters from the films. We'll probably get a reworked Jyn at some stage and we know that we're also getting Phasma in December. Might also see Rose?

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I could see Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, Obi-Wan, Padme, Ventress ,Talzin/Nightsisters? Death Watch? Geonosians? in a TCW DLC and Rebels characters + Fulcrum Ahsoka in Rebels DLC like they did in Galaxy of Heroes, I assume there would be a RO too since they were already in the first game plus Saw Gerrera? I'm already really happy to see Grievous in the game.

Grievousdude likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Let's play a game.. Lets name all the broken/unbalanced things in SWB(2015).

I'll start..

Bossk (OP)
    Orbital Strike(Sometimes won't work)
    Servers
    Scratter Gun
    Air combat in WA is crap..
    Hero Pickup system

6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Bacta Bomb spam
    Being killed by an explosion on the other side of a door on the Death Star
    The spawn points (mainly on Jakku)
    Firing a Rocket straight at an enemy across the map and somehow being killed by it yourself
    Sabotage

:kylo: Anything else?

B99 likes this.
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The narration of a retired(I assume) stormtrooper in Battlefront 2 and the cutscenes are a particularly awesome, immersive, and moving part of the game. I like the grittiness-"hot, sandy, nothing at all like the simulators on Kamino.", camaraderie-"I'd fought with some of those men for over twenty years", guilt-"none of us could bare to look her in the eye.", triumph-"no small part due to the efforts of the fighting men of the 501st.", memory-'what I remember about the rise of the empire..."

The way Temuera Morrison(the voice actor) emphasizes these lines, you feel like your hearing the stories of a real war veteran who has seen the best and the worst.

So what does everyone think of Battlefront 2's narration?

Moderator notice: this post has been moved from its own redundant thread into this one.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    While it's not wrong to have some female villains those two are leaning more on the fringes of recognizable characters for the wider audience hence why they appear to be focusing on characters from the films.

You'd more likely get Ahsoka or Sabine as they are regular characters of rebels and TCW. I'd feel those two would even be a stretch at this point. It's not out of the realm of possibility I just see them pulling characters from the films. We'll probably get a reworked Jyn at some stage and we know that we're also getting Phasma in December. Might also see Rose?[/quote]

Well I haven't even thought to put a pre-order on the game up to this point. I've already said what would get me to do that.

9. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    You shut your dirty quarren face! Scatter gun is god. The sound is perfect and I just LOVE watching people pop a personal shield. They feel safe. They're wrong!

In all seriousness I don't mind people thinking it's OP. I'm hoping it makes a comeback in some form in 2.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It's cheap as hell...

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No Anakin hero..
    What ? How can you do this ? This is outrageous. It's unfair. How can you be a main character in Star Wars, and not be a hero in the game ? :p
    [​IMG]

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    But on a serious note the leaked list is incomplete. The original source doesn't show Finn in the files and he has been announced. We've also seen concept art of Slave 1 and Obi-Wan's jedi starfighter. I think it's safe to say that we're getting more heroes in the finished game.

13. Gunsmithcat

Gunsmithcat Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2017
    Combat roll
    EE4
    Jumppack
    Dice rolling melee

Grievousdude likes this.
  14. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    That list is definitely not complete. One of my fears for the game was that they would add heroes from the last game in the new one and not have many new heroes.

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is BF 2, or specifically the story gonna have original music???

16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Definitely the creepiest glitch I've encountered...
    [​IMG]

B99 likes this.
  17. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Midair sniping.
    Rebel camouflage.
    AT-STs.

Gunsmithcat likes this.
  18. Gunsmithcat

Gunsmithcat Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2017
    AT-STs don't strike me as especially strong, usually any Rebel jumps onto them and they get destroyed quickly....unless someone camps with them behind cover and shoot through the cover. Then they make my blood boil, haha. But that game has plenty of annyoing BS, and people abusing it. Jump Pack/Wookie Bowcaster combination? I'd like to strangle them physically. :) BF2 seems to do some things right, like removing jump packs for anyone, or people having to work for vehicles and heroes, rather camping at the token over and over.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  19. Josidiah

Josidiah Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2017
    I first played this game on playstation 2 ages ago. I just had to revisit the game and make a video.

Moderator notice: this post was its own thread in a different forum. It was moved to this forum, and I then pasted it in to this thread to avoid redundancy.

Grievousdude likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Off to the Games forum.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I think we already have one-too-many Battlefront posts. Should all be combined into the "official" one.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There has been a battle lately, with all these threads...

23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Anyone play on PS4 notice the servers are crappy right now? Like there's a kill delay?

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The problems must be on every platform because I've been having issues with the Xbox One version too.

25. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Good o know. Played yesterday morning fine, then last night they were terrible. Still are this morning too.