main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

It's a shame that Disney Infinity closed its online server permanently. You could easily pair up some of your favorite characters like Sabine and Ahsoka together that way.

MandoArtist likes this.
  2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I actually considered buying Infinity just play Sabine lol

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I have Sabine, Ahsoka, Leia, and Rey.

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Got the Infinity Sabine. Shame I'll never get to use it for the game.

5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Can you play the game at all with the servers down? I've seen the TCW pack with Anakin and Ahsoka really cheap in a few places but I wasn't sure if it was worth bothering with it not.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah, you can play it offline. And if you have anyone home to play it with, you could probably still take advantage of the multiplayer option. But outside of that, no such luck. You can't even download any of the thousands of custom-made maps that users had made; some of which were really good.

J7Luke and Grievousdude like this.
  7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  8. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Damn, the Visceral game had a really tough time. From that article It sounds like it was more than just EA being EA though. A really bad situation from multiple angles: Studio location, people being mismanaged, teams being split between projects, Lucasfilm having to sign off on everything, game engine difficulties. A real shame . . .

I think if Battlefront II's Single-player campaign is successful there might be some renewed interest in third-person stories. I and a lot of other people play Battlefront exclusively in third person. I just hope that at some point a really good action-adventure title comes around. Just gotta endure at least two more years of . . . mobile . . . games . . . oh god.

9. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    Yeah, Visceral sounded like a disaster top to bottom. I’m also an almost exclusively single-player gamer, but I did like multiplayer in the Battlefront II beta well enough which surprised me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J7Luke likes this.
  10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Yeah, I thought there was much more to this story than just "market trends" and EA being the corporate manifestation of Beelzebub, and the Kotaku article manages to go into enough detail that I'm willing to believe it.

We just have to hope that the title from Respawn isn't also going through difficulties (They aren't technically an EA studio and weren't forced to use Frostbite for either of the Titanfall games, so they shouldn't have any problems with the tech if they are still allowed to use an engine of their choice). I'd go as far as saying that, after the lapse in EA's share prices last week, if the Respawn title is proceeding smoothly it'll be all hands on deck to get that game out to the public via fast tracked development.

Especially if it's a single player action title, as has been the rumour. There has been a rush among AAA developers (Including ex-Visceral staff) to shoot down the idea that single player games are a dying breed, so EA may have a narrow window of opportunity to cash in on their own controversy.

J7Luke likes this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ok. Enough trailers.. Especially sense their gonna reuse a lot of the same footage for 10th time..

Anyways, HYPE!!

J7Luke likes this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Looking forward to this.
    At least we saw Yoda and Maul clash blades at last.:yoda::greensaber:

I'm going to watch it again, but the first time the dual between Luke and Vader looked a little awkward and stiff.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd prefer to see more actual gameplay action among the heroes and villains than just the CGI cutscenes.

DementedMeerkat and B99 like this.
  15. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    Did you guys play as most of the heroes in BFI, or just a few? I think I only ever played as Luke, Vader, Sidious, and occasionally Boba and Nunb (but hardly). Even after the free season pass I didn't bother with the others!

Kashyyyk looked fantastic from the new trailer, but really there was hardly anything new shown. It would have been nice to see more new heroes to be honest.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    For the most part there was only a single hero I've played as; ever since HER movie's DLC was released about a year or so ago. Sometimes I wait to chose a hero on the Rebels side just in case someone else wants to use her; in case they feel I'm hogging her all for myself.

17. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I mainly played as Luke and Vader. I played as Jyn, Krennic, Han and Lando a bit too but Luke and Vader were my go to heroes. I only recently discovered how infamously op Bossk is but I don't use him because why would I want to when I can play as Vader.

Hopefully if Grievous is in BF2 (there is no reason why he shouldn't be) then I'll probably main him if I can providing he is actually good to use. From the beta Maul seems to be as strong as he was in the 2005 game so I can see myself using him a lot too. For the light side I'm hoping Obi-Wan is playable this time, as like Grievous he really should be.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Sounds like you stick to the saber-wielders only. Could you see yourself using Rey in that regard?

19. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    I won't be buying this ***** till it drops in price.

lookameatbag and B99 like this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Changes to Star Cards, progression, etc - per EA's site:
    • Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs.
    • You'll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won't be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.
    • Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.
    • Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.
    Post here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/progression-oct-2017

Also, from yesterday's trailer, this shot:

[​IMG]

and the corresponding Reddit post showed me something I'd never seen in Ep3, over the hundreds of watches, a parked capital ship on Kashyyyk. So cool.

[​IMG]

J7Luke likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I remember using those PT-era tank thingies in the old Battlefront game on PS2. From what I remember, they were incredibly slow; but I guess that was compromised by the power of the weapon and it's defense.

22. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Maybe. One of the main reasons I liked playing as them though is their ability to reflect/deflect fire back at enemies. In the beta Rey couldn't do that which makes her a bit less appealing to me. To be fair Maul couldn't either but he doesn't need to be any stronger than he already is.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    BF 2015 has some of the most ****iest maps I've ever seen in a video game..

vw_jedi likes this.
  24. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I was mainly a Luke/Vader player in 2015, though sometimes I'd go for Han/Boba as well.
    On rare occasions I'd go for one of the others and absolutely fumble around with them with no knowledge of what their star cards were used for.

25. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Does anyone know if preload will be available for Battlefront II on the PS4?

Since the release date for deluxe edition preorders is the 14th, I would assume preload will be soon.

Thanks. :)